NC senators try to halt gender-neutra...

NC senators try to halt gender-neutral housing

There are 18 comments on the SFGate story from Apr 3, 2013, titled NC senators try to halt gender-neutral housing. In it, SFGate reports that:

A group of state senators wants to invalidate a policy allowing students of the opposite gender to share suites and apartments at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill starting this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Apr 3, 2013
Chapel Hill is a very progressive island in an otherwise very backwards State.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Good for them! "Gender-neutral" housing is one of the most brain-dead decisions yet to be made by any university officials.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Well, I'm just glad that my university PROMOTED homosexuality by having male dorms only and female dorms only !:)

I couldn't believe how gay it was ! WOO-HOO !

:)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Well, I'm just glad that my university PROMOTED homosexuality by having male dorms only and female dorms only !:)
I couldn't believe how gay it was ! WOO-HOO !
:)
I'll bet it was probably as gay as the seminary I went to. Talk about Gay!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Apr 3, 2013
Chance wrote:
Good for them! "Gender-neutral" housing is one of the most brain-dead decisions yet to be made by any university officials.
Ooooooh! its that dreaded Dumbass Virus thats making the rounds
The Dumbass Virus has been traced to North Carolina hillbillys scarfing down organic roadkill off I-95; a delicacy prized in the NC Senate dining room

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Apr 3, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet it was probably as gay as the seminary I went to. Talk about Gay!!
I graduated from Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia. Even as a New Yorker born and raised, and having lived in New York over 50 years, Hunrington, WV to this day is the GAYEST place I have ever lived and it was the BEST time of my life.

And being openly gay there, and having lived in the dorms there, and renting a house there when I was a senior, I never suffered any discriminatin because of it, and I waa constantly amazed how people I met on the street, and in stores there, I later saw at some of the 3 local gay bars we had there.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Apr 3, 2013
Speaking of North Carolina, these wacko southern yahoos are now pushing a bill to have North Carolina adopt a state religion. In defiance of the First Amendment which they insist does not apply to North Carolina.(The South Shall Rise Again !)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/nort...

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#9 Apr 3, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Speaking of North Carolina, these wacko southern yahoos are now pushing a bill to have North Carolina adopt a state religion. In defiance of the First Amendment which they insist does not apply to North Carolina.(The South Shall Rise Again !)
Are people in this country REALLY this stupid????? I am speechless.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Just more proof that North Carolina isn't fit for humans to live there.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Apr 3, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are people in this country REALLY this stupid????? I am speechless.
To answer your question, the answer is appaerently "YES !"

“THE JOURNEY OF A 1000 MILES”

Since: Aug 08

BEGINS WITH JUST ONE STEP:-)

#12 Apr 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Just more proof that North Carolina isn't fit for humans to live there.
I had someone post something on my FB this morning about North Carolina's Legislators are trying to propose a State Religion:
North Carolina May Declare Official State Religion Under New Bill

If this becomes legal and is Constitutional......one should expect other states to try it!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#13 Apr 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I had someone post something on my FB this morning about North Carolina's Legislators are trying to propose a State Religion:
If this becomes legal and is Constitutional......one should expect other states to try it!!!
It's not constitutional.

btw, are you aware that some STATE constitutions specifically say that the state the constitution establishes is founded on Jesus Christ ?

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not constitutional.
btw, are you aware that some STATE constitutions specifically say that the state the constitution establishes is founded on Jesus Christ ?
Has someone bothered to inform the NC Legislators of this? Because somehow they seem to think it is okay to tell others what Religion they have to accept!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#15 Apr 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Has someone bothered to inform the NC Legislators of this? Because somehow they seem to think it is okay to tell others what Religion they have to accept!!!
If you read the article you will learn that they have been informed of that, and claim that the First Amendment does not apply to North Carolina.(They're wrong.)

And perhaps now that it is teh 21st century (where are all the flying cars they PROMISED ???!!!:(), they may learn once day soon what "shoes" are.

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the article you will learn that they have been informed of that, and claim that the First Amendment does not apply to North Carolina.(They're wrong.)
And perhaps now that it is teh 21st century (where are all the flying cars they PROMISED ???!!!:(), they may learn once day soon what "shoes" are.
I read the article.......and it still seems that they are trying to go ahead with this......but I'm hoping that the folks in that State are more intelligent that their Legislators!!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#17 Apr 3, 2013
Their next step is to deport anyone with an IQ over 90.
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the article.......and it still seems that they are trying to go ahead with this......but I'm hoping that the folks in that State are more intelligent that their Legislators!!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Apr 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's an interesting argument. The first amendment specifically refers to Congress not establishing a religion; it says nothing about the states.

That said, considering the history of SCOTUS rulings on the issue, I can't see them going along with it. I don't see how the state could avoid violating the freedom of religion of non-christians.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#19 Apr 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's an interesting argument. The first amendment specifically refers to Congress not establishing a religion; it says nothing about the states.
That said, considering the history of SCOTUS rulings on the issue, I can't see them going along with it. I don't see how the state could avoid violating the freedom of religion of non-christians.
Originally, SCOTUS ruled that the Bill Of Rights did NOT apply to the states. But AFTER the 14th Amendment was ratified, SCOTUS invented the "incorporation doctrine" and said that since teh ratification of teh 14th Amendment, the Bill Of Rights DID now apply to the states.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massage(Yanbu) (Feb '13) 24 min saleh 600
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 57 min Meloo12 13,933
Looking for bottom in jeddah 2 nite (May '13) 3 hr foofoo 153
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 4 hr DARKO-JED 554
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 5 hr Raji2015 2,052
News Transgender clinic opens 5 hr huey goins 52
News Parents seek halt to 48-year-old's gender reass... 6 hr TerryE 1
More from around the web