Transgender icon exhibition opens

Transgender icon exhibition opens

There are 11 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 27, 2013, titled Transgender icon exhibition opens. In it, Newsday reports that:

April worked in a Paris nightclub to earn money for the gender reassignment surgery in Casablanca in 1960.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Sep 27, 2013
A true pioneer! I remember when she got divorced from Corbett. Truly a wonderful life!
Regards, Terri
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#2 Sep 27, 2013
Didn't Christine Jorgenson get her sex change before April?

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#3 Sep 28, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
Didn't Christine Jorgenson get her sex change before April?
Yes, She transitioned in 1952 and there were several in Europe before Miss Ashley, But She's and a remarkably topsy-turvey life.
Regards, Terri
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#4 Sep 28, 2013
TerryE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, She transitioned in 1952 and there were several in Europe before Miss Ashley, But She's and a remarkably topsy-turvey life.
Regards, Terri
There are a number of famous male to female transexuals, but I don't know of any famous female to male ones.
Cecil

Montréal, Canada

#5 Sep 28, 2013
Anybody know when Rose_NoHo will undergo his surgery?
Beauty Queen

London, UK

#6 Oct 1, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>There are a number of famous male to female transexuals, but I don't know of any famous female to male ones.
Cher's son, Chas.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#7 Oct 1, 2013
Beauty Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Cher's son, Chas.
You're right. I forgot about him.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#8 Oct 1, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>There are a number of famous male to female transexuals, but I don't know of any famous female to male ones.
Buck Angel, Patrick Califa, and Jamison (I can't remember) Califa and Jamison ? are both writers. Buck Angel is a porn film maker.
Regards, Terri
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#9 Oct 1, 2013
TerryE wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck Angel, Patrick Califa, and Jamison (I can't remember) Califa and Jamison ? are both writers. Buck Angel is a porn film maker.
Regards, Terri
Interesting.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#10 Oct 1, 2013
Jamison Greene. I just remembered! Go to Lynnconway.com and scroll down to successful Transmen.
Regards, Terri
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#11 Oct 1, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Jamison Greene. I just remembered! Go to Lynnconway.com and scroll down to successful Transmen.
Regards, Terri
It's an interesting and informative website. The Transmen look like they've been male since the day they were born.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harvard withdraws fellowship invitation to Chel... 10 min Ted Haggard s Mas... 24
News Trump Adds to Rollback of Obama Legacy With Ant... 19 min Ted Haggard s Mas... 102
News Berkshire Trans Group aims for support, empower... 5 hr Bernhard Goetz 6
I will help you to find the suitable one Jeddah... (Jun '13) 12 hr Kamrul 96
News Serbia's leader attends gay pride march for fir... 21 hr Gremlin 4
News Georgetown District High School to host fourth ... Mon Tazer vs shot eh 19
News Roger Hines: Clarity and controversy from the B... Mon South Knox Hombre 66
More from around the web