Gay community 'Coming Out' to enroll in Obamacare

Oct 11, 2013 Full story: WTVR Richmond 41

The Kentucky resident is like a lot LGBT citizens who have not had access to affordable health insurance in the past.

Full Story

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#33 Oct 12, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Chance, you may certainly do that. I'm glad to offer my opinion as a moderate independent. It's not all liberals and conservatives, pro versus anti-Obama up in here. There are some things l like about him as president, and there are other things he's done that I despise, including how health care reform was handled, but not the least of which also the revelations of government spying. Not to drift away onto different topics, but I think the rise of the survailence state is the biggest threat to our country and rights above all else.
And who's doing that?! THE OBAMANIAC ! Aren't Democrats SUPPOSED to be the ones who are so zealous about guarding our civil liberties, that they open all the prison doors at the SLIGHTEST infraction ? Why the silence from the Democrats in Congress about this ? Oh yeah. I forgot. He's black. So NO DISSENT is tolerated !

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#35 Oct 12, 2013
Ziggy wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, he ain't black, his Mammie was white and his Pappy was an ace of spades...he is a mixed breed mongrel and a Democrat two!!!
I'm glad you said that.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#37 Oct 12, 2013
Zack wrote:
<quoted text>People need two know this info for so many black Americans voted for osama obama believing he was black and not once did obama correct his supporters by telling them he's a mixed breed mongrel.
I know. Also notice that the city he calls "home" is Murder capital U.S.A., with more than 90% of the victims beg black, but he never mentions that fact ? And that his former chief-of-staff is now the mayor there and he hasn't lifted a finger to stop the slaughter there.

Ya ever notice that ?

Chicago's population is 1/3 that of New York's, vet it's homicide rate is 400% that of New York's.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#38 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Snyper, my only argument here is that if everyone is required to have health insurance then not having a public option is too imbalanced an approach. Other countries implement strict price regimens to curb prices in the market, but that's not a very American way to go about it. I think the public option would have offered a cheaper and viable option to people shopping for their insurance and could have worked as a good price and quality control mechanism. I could envision insurance companies trying to compete with it by offering better service and coverage, albeit, perhaps a bit more costly.
Other countries don't let their medical students get out of medical school with crushing debt, nor allow nuisance malpractice suits.

Physicians have an extremely unfair imposed overhead in lots of areas just to open their doors. performance-based tuition reimbursement scholarships are the way to go ... squeezing out the less-than-competent, making it easier for the competent, and allowing the newly-minted physician to set up their practice without crushing debt on top of other expenses.

Even mandating one single insurance form would go a long way to cutting physicians' overhead by eliminating a specially trained person just to do all the insurance paperwork.

They are many little improvements than can be made that will really add up across the board.

Location hidden

#39 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks Chance, you may certainly do that. I'm glad to offer my opinion as a moderate independent. It's not all liberals and conservatives, pro versus anti-Obama up in here. There are some things l like about him as president, and there are other things he's done that I despise, including how health care reform was handled, but not the least of which also the revelations of government spying. Not to drift away onto different topics, but I think the rise of the survailence state is the biggest threat to our country and rights above all else.
He's very unique as a President. He has been absolutely consistent in his effort to deconstruct "the Imperial Presidency" wherever possible, requiring Congress to move on almost everything that is Constitutionally properly in their sphere of responsibility. He has acted through Executive Order only to overcome logjams, or where to do so was both right and within the purview of his office.

The "spying" is pure Patriot Acts parts 1,2, etc., ALL enacted by Congress under Bush. Once emplaced and the Nation being at War, a kind of war against a nation-less movement, such an Act is reasonable if not ideal. Be assured that much has been done globally beyond what you've read and heard that has heightened your safety. NONE of the teams have been idle in years. Be certain, too, that much of what we've experienced is very oldschool lateral aggression from old adversaries acting through proxies, AND in the sphere of economic warfare where we got seriously bloodied.

It's too bad that as we leave Afghanistan next year, ending our war in the common perception, that China will have full mining rights to the rare earth deposits there and in Pakistan, which it supports vs India and her ally ... us.

The global situation is very complex, resembling a 4-dimensional game of GO.

Location hidden

#40 Oct 12, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Also notice that the city he calls "home" is Murder capital U.S.A., with more than 90% of the victims beg black, but he never mentions that fact ? And that his former chief-of-staff is now the mayor there and he hasn't lifted a finger to stop the slaughter there.
Ya ever notice that ?
Chicago's population is 1/3 that of New York's, vet it's homicide rate is 400% that of New York's.
Illinois and Chicago don't have a "stop-n-frisk" law, nor anywhere near the firearms restrictions that NYC has.

How's that parachute comin', crosspatch?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#41 Oct 12, 2013
fr Chance:

>...Unions played such a big hand in getting Obama elected - twice....<

Chance, UNIONS got you the 8 hour workday, a clean and safe workplace, paid vacations and sick leave, and the right to collective bargaining. Also the abolition of child labor in the mines and factories. Get a clue, and grow UP.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#42 Oct 12, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Chance:
Chance, UNIONS got you the 8 hour workday, a clean and safe workplace, paid vacations and sick leave, and the right to collective bargaining. Also the abolition of child labor in the mines and factories. Get a clue, and grow UP.
The unions of today are not the unions that accomplished those things, which are indeed admirable. Most union members today are government workers, NOT the membership of decades ago which were largely heavy manufacturing such as steel, motor vehicles, and mining.

And most public employees who are in unions make a LOT more than the average private sector employee, and have obscenely generous pensions.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#43 Oct 12, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Chance:
Pattysboi, unions got me none of the above. They are a blight in this state. Their insistent demands have driven much business from this state, greatly reducing work opportunities for everyone. Most area of this state have been losing population. Population is increasing in right-to-work states because more jobs are available there. And when I moved to this state and found out that teachers are allowed to strike and often do, I was appalled that the teachers care so little about children's education and family situations where both parents work and have to scramble for child care when kids can't go to school because of strikes. There is an awful lot of harm caused by unions. Voting for Obama fits right in with that.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#44 Oct 12, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I went to a hospital was not a happy experience. In mid-December, 2011 I was living in Albuquerque, New Mexico and there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground. While foolishly volunteering to help somebody, I slipped in the snow (and the mud underneath it), fell, and broke my leg.
I assumed that I had just sprained my ankle, but after 9 days of the swelling not going down and still in pain, I decided to get a good nite's sleep, get up early in the morning, shower and dress, and find a nearby hospital to get my leg looked at.
LORDY, I WISH I KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT !:( I thought perhaps it would take 2 or 3 hours of waiting at the hospital, so I didn't prepare at all for te wait. I signed my name, took a number, and was told they would call my name when the time came.
As time dragged on though, I was afraid that if I left the hospital to get food and a book to read while waiting, I would lose my place, and wind up having to sign in again, and wait even longer.
So I waited. FOR 10-1/2 HOURS ! While having them put the plaster cast on my leg, I BEGGED for food since it had been about 12 hours since I had eaten anything. They gave me an orange.
After stopping at a Friendly's for food, and getting home finally, the whole thing from leaving my apartment to finally getting back, took about 14 hours. NOT HAPPY ! Right then and there, I decided to leave Albuquerque, and move to southern Arizona because Albuquerque turned out to be much colder than I anticipated.
It shouldn't have to take 10 hours of waiting in a hospital just to get a broken leg put in a cast.
On another occasion some years ago I cut myself at work badly enough that it looked like it needed a bunch of stitches. I waited so long at Nassau County Medical Center that it finally just stopped bleeding on it's own and I left. Two months later, they sent me a bill !
OBAMACARE is going to make Stalin's salt mines look like a paradise !
Those are the ridiculous emergency room stories I have ever heard. Wow, just wow!
Chance

Grove City, PA

#45 Oct 12, 2013
Shortened for space:
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. You will note that I posted that cost-reduction was insurance's original intent ... waaay back in the Baylor University Hospital days.

There are five areas to look for healthcare costs, each with their own contribution to the problem.
The Coverage/payments area is just one of them.
I know of two facilities that treat people in Pittsburgh that accept NO insurance. They do this on purpose to keep down the paperwork and red tape... and the costs. The patients pay for their services as given, and they keep the costs very low. I believe it is health care that needs to be reformed, health care being how doctors and hospitals do business. Insurance seems to make the costs go up. The government getting involved will make the costs go up still more. And in the end, hard working people still pay for it and pay dearly.

We hear about about the Canadian single-payer system and how wonderful it it. I've talked to many a Canadian about their health care system, and they all speak positively about it. However, I talked with them here in the US while they were shopping here to avoid paying taxes there. Canadians swarm into Pennsylvania in huge numbers to buy food, clothing, and shoes because there are no taxes on those items. They buy those things here and smuggle them back across the border so they don't have to pay the 13 percent sales tax they charge in Canada to support socialized medicine. What will happen when we go to single-payer and taxes go way up to support it. Where will we go to buy the things we need without paying 13 percent taxes? For that matter, where will the Canadians go at the point? None of us will have a choice but to pay the high taxes, at least those who are earning the money will have to do that. Chances are very good that we, as individuals, will end up paying far more health care than if we just paid out of pocket because we'll have to pay for those who don't work and it will be so badly managed as things always are when they are run by the government.

Location hidden

#46 Oct 12, 2013
Chance wrote:
Shortened for space: <quoted text>
I know of two facilities that treat people in Pittsburgh that accept NO insurance. They do this on purpose to keep down the paperwork and red tape... and the costs. The patients pay for their services as given, and they keep the costs very low. I believe it is health care that needs to be reformed, health care being how doctors and hospitals do business. Insurance seems to make the costs go up. The government getting involved will make the costs go up still more. And in the end, hard working people still pay for it and pay dearly.
We hear about about the Canadian single-payer system and how wonderful it it. I've talked to many a Canadian about their health care system, and they all speak positively about it. However, I talked with them here in the US while they were shopping here to avoid paying taxes there. Canadians swarm into Pennsylvania in huge numbers to buy food, clothing, and shoes because there are no taxes on those items. They buy those things here and smuggle them back across the border so they don't have to pay the 13 percent sales tax they charge in Canada to support socialized medicine. What will happen when we go to single-payer and taxes go way up to support it. Where will we go to buy the things we need without paying 13 percent taxes? For that matter, where will the Canadians go at the point? None of us will have a choice but to pay the high taxes, at least those who are earning the money will have to do that. Chances are very good that we, as individuals, will end up paying far more health care than if we just paid out of pocket because we'll have to pay for those who don't work and it will be so badly managed as things always are when they are run by the government.
The government is ALREADY involved in the single largest health plan in the nation. It's called Medicare, and it works as well as it can without enough healthy people paying into it.

It keeps costs down SO well that lots of MDs, burdened by school debt, office overheads, and the premiums on malpractice insurance (created by insurance lawyers to protect from insurance lawyers; read as: PROTECTION RACKET), don't want to accept Medicare patients. The costs mandate a gross cashflow per hour of business that is almost prohibitive.

Ever feel like you're on a bit of an assembly line? Well the above is why.

There are other reasons, too. Nurses. School-indebted nurses. 2-year RNs wanting to get paid the same as 5-year nurses; who want to complain about never getting to have patient contact because they're always doing paperwork, yet at the same time want to push off all the things nurses used to do as a matter of course onto all these overpaid sub-specialties. If things continue as they have been, there'll be a beauty school dropout to wash your boo-boo, another to put iodine on it, and yet another to put on the bandaid, and another still to pat you on the back and tell you it'll be all better ... all of whom got "their degree" from an online "college".

All of these parasites are feeding off of us, and the poor doctors who are told by insurance companies how to do their jobs.

I've lived long enough and seen it all happen.

Stop for a while and think about it. Exactly how many people are riding on the back of the actual workhorse who pulls the wagon? How many are in the wagon?

Location hidden

#47 Oct 12, 2013
Chance

Grove City, PA

#48 Oct 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is ALREADY involved in the single largest health plan in the nation. It's called Medicare, and it works as well as it can without enough healthy people paying into it.
It keeps costs down SO well that lots of MDs, burdened by school debt, office overheads, and the premiums on malpractice insurance (created by insurance lawyers to protect from insurance lawyers; read as: PROTECTION RACKET), don't want to accept Medicare patients. The costs mandate a gross cashflow per hour of business that is almost prohibitive.
Ever feel like you're on a bit of an assembly line? Well the above is why.
There are other reasons, too. Nurses. School-indebted nurses. 2-year RNs wanting to get paid the same as 5-year nurses; who want to complain about never getting to have patient contact because they're always doing paperwork, yet at the same time want to push off all the things nurses used to do as a matter of course onto all these overpaid sub-specialties. If things continue as they have been, there'll be a beauty school dropout to wash your boo-boo, another to put iodine on it, and yet another to put on the bandaid, and another still to pat you on the back and tell you it'll be all better ... all of whom got "their degree" from an online "college".
All of these parasites are feeding off of us, and the poor doctors who are told by insurance companies how to do their jobs.
I've lived long enough and seen it all happen.
Stop for a while and think about it. Exactly how many people are riding on the back of the actual workhorse who pulls the wagon? How many are in the wagon?
I am wondering how much government regulations run those costs up, how much the government interfering with education costs increases the debt. And the malpractice insurance and lawyers are an abomination. Insurance people and lawyers get richer; the people pay through the nose. I think there is more to it than lack of funds with the Medicare scenario. I think any time any money comes from the government, there are strings attached and many hoops to jump through, which adds up to a lot of aggravation and frustration. That is sure to intensify for the medical community with Obamacare.

Location hidden

#49 Oct 13, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I am wondering how much government regulations run those costs up, how much the government interfering with education costs increases the debt. And the malpractice insurance and lawyers are an abomination. Insurance people and lawyers get richer; the people pay through the nose. I think there is more to it than lack of funds with the Medicare scenario. I think any time any money comes from the government, there are strings attached and many hoops to jump through, which adds up to a lot of aggravation and frustration. That is sure to intensify for the medical community with Obamacare.
You can wonder all you want, but until you dig in for actual data, try not to throw around random aspersions.

Yes, the costs are partially driven up by all the various parasites along the way.

Medicare's operating overhead is 3%(adjusted 9%) on the dollar. The average insurance corporation claims closer to 50%.

Money from the Government DOES come with strings ... Civil Rights, and Employee and Environmental safety compliance. lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#50 Oct 13, 2013
fr Chance:

>Pattysboi, unions got me none of the above....<

WRONG. Take a class in US Labor History. Your local community college probably offers a class. Learn something.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#51 Oct 13, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Chance:
>Pattysboi, unions got me none of the above....<
WRONG. Take a class in US Labor History. Your local community college probably offers a class. Learn something.
I majored in economics, and I took a course in US Labor History. It was awful, because I didn't know that the stupid professor teaching the course was an avowed communist.(I'm a Libertarian.:))
Chance

Grove City, PA

#52 Oct 14, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I majored in economics, and I took a course in US Labor History. It was awful, because I didn't know that the stupid professor teaching the course was an avowed communist.(I'm a Libertarian.:))
Fa-Foxy, check out this economist. I think you'll like him. http://www.visionandvalues.org/author/mark-w-...

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#53 Oct 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And who's doing that?! THE OBAMANIAC ! Aren't Democrats SUPPOSED to be the ones who are so zealous about guarding our civil liberties, that they open all the prison doors at the SLIGHTEST infraction ? Why the silence from the Democrats in Congress about this ? Oh yeah. I forgot. He's black. So NO DISSENT is tolerated !
I take your opinion like a pinch of salt, throw it over your shoulder for good luck (hopefully).

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#54 Oct 19, 2013
snyper wrote:
Other countries don't let their medical students get out of medical school with crushing debt, nor allow nuisance malpractice suits.
Agreed, and that should change and for all students. The fate of our country depends on it.
snyper wrote:
Physicians have an extremely unfair imposed overhead in lots of areas just to open their doors. performance-based tuition reimbursement scholarships are the way to go ... squeezing out the less-than-competent, making it easier for the competent, and allowing the newly-minted physician to set up their practice without crushing debt on top of other expenses.
Okay, to play the devil's advocate here, doesn't our current situation encourage that, or rather, does it encourage kids who have rich parents ahead of those who come from poverty? I mean, only those who are either lucky or tenacious enough succede?
snyper wrote:
Even mandating one single insurance form would go a long way to cutting physicians' overhead by eliminating a specially trained person just to do all the insurance paperwork.
Agreed.
snyper wrote:
They are many little improvements than can be made that will really add up across the board.
Agreed, which is why I believe we must recognize this current legislation for both its flaws and merits. To do otherwise, regardless of your opinion, is akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 15 min Reverend Alan 665
In The Hospital, There's No Such Thing As A Les... 1 hr Belle Sexton 12
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 2 hr happy 1,285
Leslie Feinberg - A communist who revolutionise... 2 hr GUMPnf 2
Meet Here Gays ( JEDDAH ) (Mar '14) 2 hr meonly 50
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Reverend Alan 3,858
bottom in Jubail (Jun '13) 4 hr amayal 74
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 4 hr happy 13,002

Transgender People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE