Group seeks statewide vote on additio...

Group seeks statewide vote on additions to Missouri's nondiscrimination law

There are 50 comments on the www.news-leader.com story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Group seeks statewide vote on additions to Missouri's nondiscrimination law. In it, www.news-leader.com reports that:

A Missouri organization recently received state approval to start collecting the 105,000 signatures needed to ask voters in 2014 if they favor outlawing discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news-leader.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

United States

#42 Jan 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>We still have to clean up the freaking mess that wonderfully enlightened wastes of humanity, such as yourself, have created for us when you had the power to do so. Your (used properly, take note) kind of ignorance and hate has left us a hell of a lot to do to.
Why the personal attacks here ??? Did I say I was against the movement?? No not at all. Just because I don't agree with your every word and phrase you get angry and start slinging hate. Why is that??
the real guest

United States

#43 Jan 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
We were having a debate? That's news to me and I used to teach it. You do realize that would have involved you bringing actual arguments to the discussion and not just whining that I am calling you names when I pointed out how little you actually know?
ROFLMAO!!! Listen puss cake, I just stated the facts that you can't bring yourself to acknoweldge. Instead, you hurl cowardly, childish insults because you can't handle having your limp little dick kicked in the dirt.

LOL!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#44 Jan 8, 2013
the real guest wrote:
ROFLMAO!!!
LOL!
Sweetie, you didn't recognize facts when you were being beaten over the head with them. You had no facts, you couldn't even fake a decent argument and all you have done for the last three posts is whine that I am picking on poor innocent you. Pathetic. You're done.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#45 Jan 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you deem the denial of special rights for certain people to be discrimination? Doesn't the 14th Amendment require equal protection under the law?
Hmmmm. How does allowing a tax-paying American the same ability to legally marry that his or her neighbor already has a "special right" that NO ONE else has?

At least try a little logic.

And, if you must persist in your foolishness, remember that straight people would be able to marry someone of the same gender as well, if they chose.

No "special" right at all.

Just equal protection.
the real guest

United States

#46 Jan 9, 2013
Quest wrote:
Hmmmm. How does allowing a tax-paying American the same ability to legally marry that his or her neighbor already has a "special right" that NO ONE else has?
You have the right to marry, same as everyone else, but what you want is to redefine marriage to include homosexual relationships. That's a special right.

It all goes back to the same issue. The gay agenda crowd wants to force society to condone and accept their deviant and perverted behavior. It's not going to happen. Deal with it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47 Jan 9, 2013
the real guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the right to marry, same as everyone else, but what you want is to redefine marriage to include homosexual relationships. That's a special right.
It all goes back to the same issue. The gay agenda crowd wants to force society to condone and accept their deviant and perverted behavior. It's not going to happen. Deal with it.
The "redefine marriage" claptrap came from the Jesuit thinktank at Georgetown University, and "Special Rights" from the goonies at Regent University.

You gobbled down those memes as acceptable rationalizations for your essentially unthinking lack of compassion.

United States

#48 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
The "redefine marriage" claptrap came from the Jesuit thinktank at Georgetown University, and "Special Rights" from the goonies at Regent University.
Un, no, the definition of marriage hasn't changed at all. Maybe you need a primer on etymology.

And attempting to redefine marriage from what it has always been in order to allow homosexual relationships to be included is indeed a special right.
You gobbled down those memes as acceptable rationalizations for your essentially unthinking lack of compassion.
Uh, no, I don't gobble down anything, including the bullshit spewed out from the gay agenda crowd.

And who said I'm unthinking and not compassionate? Just like Rich, you toss out false petty insults because you can't handle the truth. Grow up.

Location hidden

#49 Jan 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Un, no, the definition of marriage hasn't changed at all. Maybe you need a primer on etymology.
And attempting to redefine marriage from what it has always been in order to allow homosexual relationships to be included is indeed a special right.
<quoted text>
Uh, no, I don't gobble down anything, including the bullshit spewed out from the gay agenda crowd.
And who said I'm unthinking and not compassionate? Just like Rich, you toss out false petty insults because you can't handle the truth. Grow up.
I wasn't discussing "etymology", but Political Science.

Look up "meme". It's a thought "virus", expressible as a slogan or catchphrase, that goes "viral". Advertizing and political campaigning are dependent upon them.

The meme "redefine marriage" was thought up by the Jesuits at the Georgetown thinktank for implementation in the anti-gay advertizing campaign. It was determined that the unfocused PR approaches in prior anti-gay campaigns, such as Anita Bryant's "Save the Children", the efforts of the self-styled "Moral Majority", those of the Briggs Initiative in California, and others needed modernization. Phrases were proposed and field tested to see which would give the strongest reactions. It was decided that "redefine marriage" would work best, and be most in character with the types of homiletics most familiar to the Laity of the RC and many other denominations.

Similarly, the meme "Special Rights" was cooked up at Regent University School of Government. It was tested marketed from selected pulpits with 2nd collections and mail-in donations as the litmus test for success. The target at that time were campaigns to block or repeal gay anti-discrimination ordinances.

These well-vetted memes were trotted-out in full force in Hawaii, which was the testbed for collaboration between the RCC, the LDS, and various anti-gay "religious" organizations in preparation for the assault on California a bit later.

Hawaii was the practice ground for California, as the Spanish Civil War was the German's practice ground for WWII, except this time the Nazis won the big one.

It might be helpful to remember that in the Spanish Civil War, the Nazis and the RCC were on the same side.

It might also be helpful if you remembered that the U.S. Constitution guarantees the Right to seek Redress of Grievances from our elected bodies and, if necessary, from the Court.

Remember, too, that Freedom of Religion is nothing if it does not include effective Freedom FROM the unwanted religion of others as well.

You really need to revisit "what it has always been" (another catchphrase that can substitute for actually knowing what you're talking about) in a truly historical and cultural sense.

United States

#50 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
I wasn't discussing "etymology", but Political Science.
And I was letting you know that the historical definition of marriage has not changed.
Look up "meme". It's a thought "virus", expressible as a slogan or catchphrase, that goes "viral".
The attempt by the gay agenda crowd to redefine marriage isn't a "meme", it's a fact. They are indeed trying to redefine the term.
The meme "redefine marriage" was thought up by the Jesuits
You can focus on your supposed "meme" if you want. I'm talking in absolute terms and statements of fact. I don't have time to play silly word games with you.
It might be helpful to remember that in the Spanish Civil War, the Nazis and the RCC were on the same side.
What the hell does that have to do with this thread? It's just another cowardly, petty ad hominem attack. You're just trying to avoid the real issue. Here, let me spell it out for you again:

Society has ever held that homosexual behavior is deviant and perverted, and has always held in disdain those who engage in that behavior. That's not going to change. Deal with it.

Location hidden

#51 Jan 10, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
And I was letting you know that the historical definition of marriage has not changed.
<quoted text>
The attempt by the gay agenda crowd to redefine marriage isn't a "meme", it's a fact. They are indeed trying to redefine the term.
<quoted text>
You can focus on your supposed "meme" if you want. I'm talking in absolute terms and statements of fact. I don't have time to play silly word games with you.
<quoted text>
What the hell does that have to do with this thread? It's just another cowardly, petty ad hominem attack. You're just trying to avoid the real issue. Here, let me spell it out for you again:
Society has ever held that homosexual behavior is deviant and perverted, and has always held in disdain those who engage in that behavior. That's not going to change. Deal with it.
Let's review that "definition" thing:

&pl aynext=1&list=PL4C3E1FD6A4 C5EBB5&feature=results_vid eo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dammam/khobar discreet gay 16 min xdresserkhobar 6
News Oregon issues final order in gay wedding cake case 27 min TerryE 10
News Caitlyn Jenner Mourns the Murder of Two Transge... 44 min TerryE 3
News Elkhart mayor asks city council to withdraw LGB... 48 min Sneaky Pete 28
Jubail gays expat (Sep '13) 1 hr sexy batam 146
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 5 hr ELH 8,123
Horny Both In Jeddah (Nov '10) 7 hr jaan-11 96
More from around the web