Group seeks statewide vote on additions to Missouri's nondiscrimination law

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.news-leader.com

A Missouri organization recently received state approval to start collecting the 105,000 signatures needed to ask voters in 2014 if they favor outlawing discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Missouri should also include a ballot measure legalizing religious discrimination.

We know that's the ultimate goal of the anti-gay group so let's stop pretending this is about something else.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
Missouri should also include a ballot measure legalizing religious discrimination.
We know that's the ultimate goal of the anti-gay group so let's stop pretending this is about something else.
That would be a clever tactic.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

just re-enforces my decision to leave MO years ago

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a clever tactic.
Maybe that's what the GLBTQ community should do. Start getting signatures so we can add this question to every ballot as well.

I just saw where IL Senate will be voting on SSM question. If it passes rest assured some group will start collecting signatures to stop it.

Odd thing is you never see them taking up the other causes they say we should be focusing on instead. When's the last time you saw a group get a ballot initiative that wasn't trying to stop SSM?

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Uve wrote:
just re-enforces my decision to leave MO years ago
I once spoke by phone with Harvey Milk. He pointed out I would always be faced with the same choices.

1) Stay and put up with it.
2) Leave and move to San Francisco!
3) Suicide
4) Stay at home and fight for positive change.

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I once spoke by phone with Harvey Milk. He pointed out I would always be faced with the same choices.
1) Stay and put up with it.
2) Leave and move to San Francisco!
3) Suicide
4) Stay at home and fight for positive change.
Yep, I've done all but 3, even lived in LA. 4, I'm done with. I'm so sick of fighting this religious ignorance that I've become cruel and uncaring. I'm moving to The Netherlands. I want to live where people are educated and care about making a positive contribution, where I'm treated with equality, dignity and not like an aberration.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

DNF wrote:
Maybe that's what the GLBTQ community should do. Start getting signatures so we can add this question to every ballot as well.
Would you be willing to abide by the will of the voters? Somehow I doubt it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe that's what the GLBTQ community should do. Start getting signatures so we can add this question to every ballot as well.
I just saw where IL Senate will be voting on SSM question. If it passes rest assured some group will start collecting signatures to stop it.
Odd thing is you never see them taking up the other causes they say we should be focusing on instead. When's the last time you saw a group get a ballot initiative that wasn't trying to stop SSM?
I lived in California. It's the official State sport.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be willing to abide by the will of the voters? Somehow I doubt it.
Then you'd be incorrect. I've done it my whole life. It's really easy for someone who has never experienced any form of legal discrimination to understand. Blacks and women can relate but most straight men don't. I couldn't join the military because I refused to lie about who I am. I couldn't legally marry the man I loved, even though my family and especially my Mom considered him part of our family. When my Mom died from cancer she wanted the two of us as lead pall bearers. My Dad explained to me that as the eldest son I was to be front right and my spouse front left.

So I do what blacks and women did and work to get our governments to abide by Article 6 Paragraph 3 and the 1st, 9th, 10th and 14th Amendment.

Your arrogant assumption raises some serious questions. If the people or their duly elected representatives make discrimination legal how can I NOT abide by the "will of the people"? More importantly why do you favor religious discrimination in our laws? Aren't your types the ones who always cry about slippery slopes to justify their bigotry?

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in California. It's the official State sport.
Yup it's right up there with watching police car chases on TV.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

DNF wrote:
Then you'd be incorrect.
Then you represent the tiniest of fractions of the gay crowd. Never have they accepted the will of the people regarding special rights for gays. They always file lawsuits challenging the majority vote of the people when special rights for gays are voted down.
If the people or their duly elected representatives make discrimination legal how can I NOT abide by the "will of the people"?
Why do you claim that private employers shouldn't have the right to set the criteria for the employees they hire? For example, would you expect a religious organization to hire a thief when they teach that stealing is wrong? Or a drunkard if they teach against alcohol consumption? Why should homosexual behavior be any different?
More importantly why do you favor religious discrimination in our laws?
I don't. But I do think private employers have rights too. Apparently you don't.
Aren't your types the ones who always cry about slippery slopes to justify their bigotry?
Hmm...so I'm a bigot in your eyes because I don't accept deviant, perverted sexual behavior?

Look, if you want to engage in homosexual activity and live the homosexual lifestyle, you're prefectly free to do that in this country. However, your choice to do so comes with consequences. Among those consequences are the disdain of society.

Government can't change that.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you represent the tiniest of fractions of the gay crowd. Never have they accepted the will of the people regarding special rights for gays. They always file lawsuits challenging the majority vote of the people when special rights for gays are voted down.
What idiot would "accept" laws or unjust discrimination that harm them, or harms their families?

Would YOU?

Wouldn't you use every legal means available to fight laws that directly hurt YOU, your spouse, or your kids? Would you demand that you and your family have all of the same protections, security, and benefits provided to every other taxpayer?

If so, then why in the world would you complain when other American taxpayers do the same?

And if you would not, then I pity you and your poor upbringing.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Quest wrote:
What idiot would "accept" laws or unjust discrimination that harm them, or harms their families?
Why do you deem the denial of special rights for certain people to be discrimination? Doesn't the 14th Amendment require equal protection under the law?
Wouldn't you use every legal means available to fight laws that directly hurt YOU, your spouse, or your kids?
Not if it was my free choice to engage in behavior that resulted in such harm. Some of us are mature enough to accept responsiblity for our own actions.
Would you demand that you and your family have all of the same protections, security, and benefits provided to every other taxpayer?
Yep, but I don't expect government to grant me special rights that others don't have.

Thanks for making my point. The gay crowd refuses to accept the will of the people. Maybe Democracy isn't for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you deem the denial of special rights for certain people to be discrimination? Doesn't the 14th Amendment require equal protection under the law?
<quoted text>
Not if it was my free choice to engage in behavior that resulted in such harm. Some of us are mature enough to accept responsiblity for our own actions.
<quoted text>
Yep, but I don't expect government to grant me special rights that others don't have.
Thanks for making my point. The gay crowd refuses to accept the will of the people. Maybe Democracy isn't for you.
What "special rights" ?

What "harm"?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

guest wrote:

You talk an awful lot about some sort of special rights we are supposedly demanding that no one else would receive, what pray tell are those special rights?

The right to marry without unwarranted governmental interference? Well, that's the right you have already if you want to marry the opposite sex. The right not to be discriminated against simply because there is something about us that others disapprove of? Well, in Missouri, you already can't discriminate on the basis of someone's: Race, Color, National origin, Religion, Sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), Disability, Age (40 to 70), Citizenship status and/or Genetic information, so no special right there either, because the change in the law would protect those of you not lucky enough to be homosexual too.

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
What "special rights" ?
What "harm"?
He has no idea, just what he's been told.
the real guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
The right to marry without unwarranted governmental interference?
You already have that right just like every other American. What you really want is for society to accept that homosexual relationships are the same as marriage. They aren't.
The right not to be discriminated against simply because there is something about us that others disapprove of?
Along with your conscious choice to engage in homosexual behavior comes the disdain of society. That's just the way it is. If you don't like it, make different choices.
Well, in Missouri, you already can't discriminate on the basis of someone's: Race, Color, National origin, Religion, Sex...
None of those things are the result of a choice. Engaging in homosexual behavior is.

You don't want to accept the negative consequences of your choice. You'd rather have government grant you special privileges to avoid them.
the real guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

I've already had this discussion with most of you girly boys before. There is no need to continue repeating myself.

If you want rub weenies and poke buttholes, you have the right to do that. What government can't do is force the vast majority of Americans to accept and condone your deviant, perverted behavior.

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

the real guest wrote:
I've already had this discussion with most of you girly boys before. There is no need to continue repeating myself.
If you want rub weenies and poke buttholes, you have the right to do that. What government can't do is force the vast majority of Americans to accept and condone your deviant, perverted behavior.
How descriptive of you. Being gay is not a choice. I didn't choose to be gay, any more than you chose to be straight. The government can acknowledge my marriage and grant me the same rights as any other married couple. What needs to be limited is YOU and others deciding the sex of my partner and keeping YOUR religion out of my life! My marriage has NO effect on your life and I could really give a sh*t what your little bigoted mind accepts. Just because your a c(_)ntlicker does not make you any less deviant, perverted nor does it make you anymore righteous than I am!
the real guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Uve wrote:
Being gay is not a choice.
Engaging in homosexual acts is indeed a choice. You're not claiming that you are a rape vicitim every time you have sex, are you?
I didn't choose to be gay, any more than you chose to be straight.
And a pedophile doesn't choose to be a pedophile either, but that doesn't mean he has no choice in acting on his desire. Same thing with you. Whenever you willingly engage in homosexual acts, that's a choice you make.

Why do you refuse to take responsibility for the choices you freely make?
The government can acknowledge my marriage and grant me the same rights as any other married couple.
You are not a married couple. You are two people engaging in a homosexual relationship. Call it what you want, but it's not a marriage.
What needs to be limited is YOU and others deciding the sex of my partner and keeping YOUR religion out of my life!
No one is deciding the sex of your partner, but that doesn't change the fact that you choosing to engage in homosexual behavior brings with it the disdain of society. That's just the way it is. If you don't like it, make different choices.
My marriage has NO effect on your life
Again, homosexual relationships are not marriages.

Why is it so hard for you to keep your sex inside your own bedroom like heterosexuals do, and be happy and enjoy life? Why do you and so many other gays want to piss, bitch and moan because you can't have your way? Why not be happy that in this country you can engage in all the deviant sex acts you want and you don't have to worry about being dragged out into the street and castrated or beheaded?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 7 min Frankie Rizzo 31
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 2 hr ramimo69 12,032
I need nice massage in Khobar (Nov '12) 3 hr sunni 81
Massage in Jeddah ASAP (Sep '13) 3 hr jass 114
Morale gap among LGBT federal workers persists 4 hr Le Jimbo 10
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 6 hr Ahmed 234
Kuwaiti in Jubail 6 hr naser 8
•••
•••