Majority of Americans now support gay...

Majority of Americans now support gay marriage, survey finds

There are 316 comments on the Lincoln Daily News story from Feb 26, 2014, titled Majority of Americans now support gay marriage, survey finds. In it, Lincoln Daily News reports that:

Support for gay marriage has surged in the United States in the decade since it first became legal in Massachusetts, with just over half of Americans now supporting the idea, according to a survey released on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lincoln Daily News.

starringuandi

Odessa, TX

#132 Feb 27, 2014
Maybe the majority of the group you "selected" agrees.. typical liberal media BS.
Personally I don't care what these people do in their private lives.. What gets me as well as most people that don't agree with that lifestyle I suspect, is that they keep throwing it in our face. Don't tell me it's "Normal" And the "in" thing and how "heroic" and "cool" It is.. It isn't!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#133 Feb 27, 2014
starringuandi wrote:
Personally I don't care what these people do in their private lives.. What gets me as well as most people that don't agree with that lifestyle I suspect, is that they keep throwing it in our face.
If sexual orientation is about "what people do in their private lives," as you ignorantly put it, then you should be crying foul over Bishop Romney and all the other heterosexuals who make their spouses, children, dating, anniversaries, lusts and weddings public knowledge.

So you don't have an argument to make. You merely have a bigotry to act out. And educated society has already relegated people like you to the trash heap of society.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#134 Feb 27, 2014
starringuandi wrote:
Maybe the majority of the group you "selected" agrees.. typical liberal media BS.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but you commit a major error, and I simply don't stand for it, ever, anymore.
starringuandi wrote:
Personally I don't care what these people do in their private lives.. What gets me as well as most people that don't agree with that lifestyle
I get to the last word above and I stop taking you seriously.

Orientation is inborn.

To call this a lifestyle is, to my mind,*deliberately* antigay.

Don't care about the rest of what you have to say; it gets tossed aside.
starringuandi wrote:
I suspect, is that they keep throwing it in our face. Don't tell me it's "Normal" And the "in" thing and how "heroic" and "cool" It is.. It isn't!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
This And That

San Ramon, CA

#135 Feb 27, 2014
starringuandi wrote:
Personally I don't care what these people do in their private lives.. What gets me as well as most people that don't agree with that lifestyle I suspect, is that they keep throwing it in our face. Don't tell me it's "Normal" And the "in" thing and how "heroic" and "cool" It is.. It isn't!
And I suppose next you're going to say that the 3 states that in fact voted for marriage equality via "Popular" vote were fixed too ? Try facing reality for a change why don't you and stop with the obvious B.S.,it doesn't become you !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#136 Feb 27, 2014
Frontline Fighter wrote:
What I said has nothing to do with that. I don't condone any violence against anyone, but I also don't believe that gay/lesbian or racially motivated attacks should be treated differently from an attack on a straight or white person. It is no more heinous a crime to attack a gay or black than to attack a straight person. An attack is an attack. Now maybe you should go back and read what I said. Maybe you'll want to comment on that, too.
If someone is attacked out of a hatred of Whites or a hatred of straight people, it would be covered under the law, just as crimes based on a hatred of Blacks or Gays. The case which settled the constitutionality of hate crimes laws was that of a Black on White attack and in New York, a self-admittedly gay man was convicted of an anti-gay attack a couple of years ago. Hate crime laws don't just apply to the minority, those of you in the majority are covered too.

this one

#137 Feb 27, 2014
starringuandi wrote:
What you're not getting is that your problems with our homosexuality, no longer our problem. Your ugly bigotries will no longer be given force of law over us. We are equal citizens of this country and deserve to be treated as such. You just need to work on your adult coping skills. After all, we put up with you flaunting whatever this was.
Which_Way_Did_He _Go

Dickson, TN

#138 Feb 28, 2014
I liked it a lot better then these freaks kept their sex lives to themselves. Basically, proclaiming you are gay is just a way to advertise what kind of sex you have in your bedroom. Most of us don't go around advertising such information. If they keep forcing their lifestyle on everybody, someday there will be a backlash against them. They have pushed their agenda too far now, and it is beginning to affect regular folks. Their constant whining and complaining about being treated fairly is getting old..........and annoying.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#139 Feb 28, 2014
Which_Way_Did_He_Go wrote:
Basically, proclaiming you are xxx is just a way to advertise what kind of sex you have in your bedroom. Most of us don't go around advertising such information
You just did

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#141 Feb 28, 2014
Ruffus 1 wrote:
I don't agree that the majority of Americans support homosexuality. I think that they tolerate it more now, but support it, no.
You have it phrased incorrectly. One can't "support" an natural trait like homosexuality - that would be like supporting green eyes or small noses.

However, most Americans support treating folks that are gay just like everyone else, and that includes allowing them to live where they choose, work, and, yes, marry.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#142 Feb 28, 2014
I liked it a lot better then these freaks kept their sex lives to themselves.....
How many gay folks have forced you to listen to details about their sex lives?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#145 Feb 28, 2014
Ruffus 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if you're offended but I phrased it correctly. Most Americans do no think homosexuality is right or normal but they are willing to accept the fact that they're among us and fitting in as best as they can, and most very well. So far they are willing to let them strive for, what they consider, equality for them. It could very well stay that way unless they get too caught up in what they believe is due them. You have to be happy at some point and quit fighting at every turn, just to get more attention for their group as a whole.
I imagine homosexuals will quit fighting when they have achieved full equality.
someone

Connersville, IN

#147 Feb 28, 2014
To be honest I don't mind gays at all. But, I do however hate how they show it off so much. I'm straight, and I don't go around telling everyone, showing it off. Why can't there be a straight pride day? I know there is a gay pride day, would it be rude or offensive if we did. Some may say no but I know many would hate it. Once again I'm not against gays...I just don't understand why they show it off so much.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#148 Feb 28, 2014
I liked it a lot better then these freaks kept their sex lives to themselves. Basically, proclaiming you are gay is just a way to advertise what kind of sex you have in your bedroom. Most of us don't go around advertising such information. If they keep forcing their lifestyle on everybody, someday there will be a backlash against them. They have pushed their agenda too far now, and it is beginning to affect regular folks. Their constant whining and complaining about being treated fairly is getting old..........and annoying.
Please explain to us just what "kind of sex" that homosexuals might have that heterosexuals don't do. And further just how has "their agenda" affected .regular folks" (whatever "regular folks" might be)?

Whining and complaining about being treated fairly bothers you? Tough shit. Stop treating us unfairly and it'll end. Otherwise get yourself a pair of earplugs cause you're going to hear us till it ends.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#149 Feb 28, 2014
someone wrote:
To be honest I don't mind gays at all. But, I do however hate how they show it off so much. I'm straight, and I don't go around telling everyone, showing it off. Why can't there be a straight pride day? I know there is a gay pride day, would it be rude or offensive if we did. Some may say no but I know many would hate it. Once again I'm not against gays...I just don't understand why they show it off so much.
So, you never talk about your spouse or girlfriend? You don't talk about who you dated to anyone. You don't have a picture of your wife and kids on your desk? You never brag about scoring a piece to your buds? You hide your wedding ring and the pictures in your wallet and never show them to anyone? You never brag about your kids to anyone? Got it!

Try hiding who you are behind closet doors for twenty years, Try lying about your sexuality, who you date, who you love from your friends, family, coworkers and boss for twenty years. Try letting no one know the real you doesn't even exist for twenty years. Hide the one you love from your family for twenty years.

Then you'll understand.

this one

#150 Feb 28, 2014
I liked it a lot better then these freaks kept their sex lives to themselves.
Those days are over sweetie. Your ugly bigotry has finally been seen for what it is. Sorry, but whether you like it or not, we are equal citizens of this country and entitled to the equal protection of its laws. If your "issues" with our orientation get in the way of that, TFB, your problems with our sexuality, no longer our problem.
Basically, proclaiming you are gay is just a way to advertise what kind of sex you have in your bedroom.
How is it our fault that the only thing you can think of when you hear that someone is gay is their sex life? You do realize that we're gay while fully clothed and in the upright position, don't you?
Most of us don't go around advertising such information.
We don't either, you're just running with your own fantasies.
If they keep forcing their lifestyle on everybody, someday there will be a backlash against them.
Pudding, we've all grown up with backlash against us, we're not going back and aren't about to let you take us there again.
They have pushed their agenda too far now, and it is beginning to affect regular folks.
Only bigots who imagine they have a God given right to be asses to us.
Their constant whining and complaining about being treated fairly is getting old..........and annoying.
The only whining and complaining here is your own, you want to be a flaming bigot and have your unfortunate lifestyle choice to be accepted. We'll tolerate your bigotry pumpkin, but don't expect us to remain idly by if you and your ilk try to shove it down our throats. Your hatreds have gotten old, it's time to put them out of their misery.
Curteese

Indio, CA

#151 Feb 28, 2014
Victor wrote:
I believe that the majority of Americans do not truly support gay marriage in their hearts. The thing is that America has become so sickeningly PC that most people are afraid to speak their true feelings in public. They just sheepishly follow along and agree with whatever they're "supposed" to.
God forbid someone actually speaks up and says "you know what, no I don't believe in gay marriage". Suddenly that person is labelled a bigot and a homophobe and most likely will be fired from their job.
Welcome to OUR world, in earlier days. Gays were fired and arrested and worse just for being gay not that long ago.

It's too bad you can't get your mind around the world as it is today. So you aren't a creaky old geezer with intolerance in your heart. How nice for you. The majority of people born since 1980, The Millenials, they are hitting their 30's now so soon will be the new majority. They, to a degree, are super NOT caring about who lays his or head next to whom at night. They truly do not care. There are some tight asses like you in every demographic, but the minority, like you, are trivialized and ignored.

I can't even keep track of the states jumping on board lately. I literally am amazed every single time I open the computer screen to "news" every morning to see the new converts to tolerance. I never thought this would happen in my life time.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#152 Feb 28, 2014
someone wrote:
To be honest I don't mind gays at all. But, I do however hate how they show it off so much. I'm straight, and I don't go around telling everyone
You just did

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#153 Feb 28, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They feel sorry for you. You people play the victim very well. Ask any straight person if they think man on man sex is normal. You can try to convince yourself that it is if it makes you feel better. You can pretend that straights agree with you. I wish I had a nickel for every time a gay posts the question:'Do you think I'd be gay if I had a choice?' Proof enough.
Most straight men would say it's completely normal for gay men to have man-on-man sex. Who SHOULD gay men have sex with? Lesbians? Straight women? Straight men?

Many gays may not choose to be gay given the choice simply because most people wouldn't choose to be a minority and be discriminated against.

I doubt I would have chose to be left-handed for the same reasons.

Tawas City, Michigan

#154 Feb 28, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
And the polls are rigged. The questions are very carefully selected.
That's what the losers always say....

Tawas City, Michigan

#155 Feb 28, 2014
Campy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuzzy logic.
You gays flood the populace with defective or nonexistant "studies" and "polls" which help to sway public opinion in your favor, then you say the "studies" and "polls" are irrelevant, because public opinion is in your favor anyway.
Queer logic in it's finest. The real impetus behind gains the gays have made is misinformation, lies, intimidation, voter fraud and subterfuge.
Waaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Massage in Riyadh (Jul '13) 6 hr turki69 22
News Police: Men assault transgender woman at Capito... 12 hr TipsyFromCentralC... 1
News Transgender man says guard told him: "I need to... 20 hr TipsyFromCentralC... 1
News Roger Hines: Clarity and controversy from the B... Thu Pat Robertson s F... 98
News Berkshire Trans Group aims for support, empower... Thu The Worlds Bigges... 19
News Brazil ruling that homosexuality is disease to ... Thu Rose_NoHo 20
News Republican Sossa-Paquette to challenge McGovern... Thu family guy reference 2
More from around the web