Majority of Americans now support gay marriage, survey finds

Feb 26, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lincoln Daily News

Support for gay marriage has surged in the United States in the decade since it first became legal in Massachusetts, with just over half of Americans now supporting the idea, according to a survey released on Wednesday.

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 140 of327
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They feel sorry for you. You people play the victim very well. Ask any straight person if they think man on man sex is normal. You can try to convince yourself that it is if it makes you feel better. You can pretend that straights agree with you. I wish I had a nickel for every time a gay posts the question:'Do you think I'd be gay if I had a choice?' Proof enough.
Interesting that you only focus on 'man on man' sex.

Interesting, interesting, interesting....
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you disgusting halfwit, you're thinking of Mark Regnerus, imo.
What I just got through posting was that _even if_ this one poll is designed with questions to trick str8 people that the trend towards greater acceptance and equal rights for glbt people is perfectly clear. Undeniable, in fact, by the minimally rational.
And you forgot the impact of both family members and celebrities coming out in that litany of yours detailing how you sexually sick, fundie freeeks are now despised outliers in educated sectors of the populace.
Hope that helps, trash.
That's the virulently prejudiced for you:

If science concluded as much, then SCIENCE is literally wrong. These people are frightening; literally nothing matters to them but their own hatred.

They are walking, talking sickness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
"we know?" I wouldn't want you speaking for me. You're one fcked up shithead.
Ask these straight young people if they think man on man sex is normal. You already know the answers you'll get. They will tell you that it isn't normal but you can go and do anything you think you need to. They don't care.
Hmmm....still with that laser-like focus only on 'man on man' sex.

Interesting, interesting, interesting....
starringuandi

Odessa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Maybe the majority of the group you "selected" agrees.. typical liberal media BS.
Personally I don't care what these people do in their private lives.. What gets me as well as most people that don't agree with that lifestyle I suspect, is that they keep throwing it in our face. Don't tell me it's "Normal" And the "in" thing and how "heroic" and "cool" It is.. It isn't!
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

starringuandi wrote:
Personally I don't care what these people do in their private lives.. What gets me as well as most people that don't agree with that lifestyle I suspect, is that they keep throwing it in our face.
If sexual orientation is about "what people do in their private lives," as you ignorantly put it, then you should be crying foul over Bishop Romney and all the other heterosexuals who make their spouses, children, dating, anniversaries, lusts and weddings public knowledge.

So you don't have an argument to make. You merely have a bigotry to act out. And educated society has already relegated people like you to the trash heap of society.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

starringuandi wrote:
Maybe the majority of the group you "selected" agrees.. typical liberal media BS.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but you commit a major error, and I simply don't stand for it, ever, anymore.
starringuandi wrote:
Personally I don't care what these people do in their private lives.. What gets me as well as most people that don't agree with that lifestyle
I get to the last word above and I stop taking you seriously.

Orientation is inborn.

To call this a lifestyle is, to my mind,*deliberately* antigay.

Don't care about the rest of what you have to say; it gets tossed aside.
starringuandi wrote:
I suspect, is that they keep throwing it in our face. Don't tell me it's "Normal" And the "in" thing and how "heroic" and "cool" It is.. It isn't!
This And That

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

starringuandi wrote:
Personally I don't care what these people do in their private lives.. What gets me as well as most people that don't agree with that lifestyle I suspect, is that they keep throwing it in our face. Don't tell me it's "Normal" And the "in" thing and how "heroic" and "cool" It is.. It isn't!
And I suppose next you're going to say that the 3 states that in fact voted for marriage equality via "Popular" vote were fixed too ? Try facing reality for a change why don't you and stop with the obvious B.S.,it doesn't become you !

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Frontline Fighter wrote:
What I said has nothing to do with that. I don't condone any violence against anyone, but I also don't believe that gay/lesbian or racially motivated attacks should be treated differently from an attack on a straight or white person. It is no more heinous a crime to attack a gay or black than to attack a straight person. An attack is an attack. Now maybe you should go back and read what I said. Maybe you'll want to comment on that, too.
If someone is attacked out of a hatred of Whites or a hatred of straight people, it would be covered under the law, just as crimes based on a hatred of Blacks or Gays. The case which settled the constitutionality of hate crimes laws was that of a Black on White attack and in New York, a self-admittedly gay man was convicted of an anti-gay attack a couple of years ago. Hate crime laws don't just apply to the minority, those of you in the majority are covered too.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

starringuandi wrote:
What you're not getting is that your problems with our homosexuality, no longer our problem. Your ugly bigotries will no longer be given force of law over us. We are equal citizens of this country and deserve to be treated as such. You just need to work on your adult coping skills. After all, we put up with you flaunting whatever this was.
Which_Way_Did_He _Go

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

I liked it a lot better then these freaks kept their sex lives to themselves. Basically, proclaiming you are gay is just a way to advertise what kind of sex you have in your bedroom. Most of us don't go around advertising such information. If they keep forcing their lifestyle on everybody, someday there will be a backlash against them. They have pushed their agenda too far now, and it is beginning to affect regular folks. Their constant whining and complaining about being treated fairly is getting old..........and annoying.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Which_Way_Did_He_Go wrote:
Basically, proclaiming you are xxx is just a way to advertise what kind of sex you have in your bedroom. Most of us don't go around advertising such information
You just did
Ruffus 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

I don't agree that the majority of Americans support homosexuality. I think that they tolerate it more now, but support it, no.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Ruffus 1 wrote:
I don't agree that the majority of Americans support homosexuality. I think that they tolerate it more now, but support it, no.
You have it phrased incorrectly. One can't "support" an natural trait like homosexuality - that would be like supporting green eyes or small noses.

However, most Americans support treating folks that are gay just like everyone else, and that includes allowing them to live where they choose, work, and, yes, marry.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

I liked it a lot better then these freaks kept their sex lives to themselves.....
How many gay folks have forced you to listen to details about their sex lives?
Ruffus 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>You have it phrased incorrectly. One can't "support" an natural trait like homosexuality - that would be like supporting green eyes or small noses.

However, most Americans support treating folks that are gay just like everyone else, and that includes allowing them to live where they choose, work, and, yes, marry.
Sorry if you're offended but I phrased it correctly. Most Americans do no think homosexuality is right or normal but they are willing to accept the fact that they're among us and fitting in as best as they can, and most very well. So far they are willing to let them strive for, what they consider, equality for them. It could very well stay that way unless they get too caught up in what they believe is due them. You have to be happy at some point and quit fighting at every turn, just to get more attention for their group as a whole.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Ruffus 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if you're offended but I phrased it correctly. Most Americans do no think homosexuality is right or normal but they are willing to accept the fact that they're among us and fitting in as best as they can, and most very well. So far they are willing to let them strive for, what they consider, equality for them. It could very well stay that way unless they get too caught up in what they believe is due them. You have to be happy at some point and quit fighting at every turn, just to get more attention for their group as a whole.
I imagine homosexuals will quit fighting when they have achieved full equality.
Ruffus 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>I imagine homosexuals will quit fighting when they have achieved full equality.
Not likely.
someone

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

To be honest I don't mind gays at all. But, I do however hate how they show it off so much. I'm straight, and I don't go around telling everyone, showing it off. Why can't there be a straight pride day? I know there is a gay pride day, would it be rude or offensive if we did. Some may say no but I know many would hate it. Once again I'm not against gays...I just don't understand why they show it off so much.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

I liked it a lot better then these freaks kept their sex lives to themselves. Basically, proclaiming you are gay is just a way to advertise what kind of sex you have in your bedroom. Most of us don't go around advertising such information. If they keep forcing their lifestyle on everybody, someday there will be a backlash against them. They have pushed their agenda too far now, and it is beginning to affect regular folks. Their constant whining and complaining about being treated fairly is getting old..........and annoying.
Please explain to us just what "kind of sex" that homosexuals might have that heterosexuals don't do. And further just how has "their agenda" affected .regular folks" (whatever "regular folks" might be)?

Whining and complaining about being treated fairly bothers you? Tough shit. Stop treating us unfairly and it'll end. Otherwise get yourself a pair of earplugs cause you're going to hear us till it ends.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

someone wrote:
To be honest I don't mind gays at all. But, I do however hate how they show it off so much. I'm straight, and I don't go around telling everyone, showing it off. Why can't there be a straight pride day? I know there is a gay pride day, would it be rude or offensive if we did. Some may say no but I know many would hate it. Once again I'm not against gays...I just don't understand why they show it off so much.
So, you never talk about your spouse or girlfriend? You don't talk about who you dated to anyone. You don't have a picture of your wife and kids on your desk? You never brag about scoring a piece to your buds? You hide your wedding ring and the pictures in your wallet and never show them to anyone? You never brag about your kids to anyone? Got it!

Try hiding who you are behind closet doors for twenty years, Try lying about your sexuality, who you date, who you love from your friends, family, coworkers and boss for twenty years. Try letting no one know the real you doesn't even exist for twenty years. Hide the one you love from your family for twenty years.

Then you'll understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of327
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Idaho 'Add the 4 Words' activists are sentenced 4 min MrCracka 6
CRUSH Urges Vegas Gay Men to Quit Smoking 7 min Yeah but 2
Irving-Based Exxon Mobil Says It'll Follow New ... 37 min nhjeff 4
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 45 min vain whim 1,201
looking for a filipino bottom in khobar 45 min Looking 3
Im young pilipino in khobar (May '13) 53 min lol 13
GLAAD Slams Hollywood for Poor Portrayal of LGB... 1 hr Huck 1
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 8 hr malik 12,181
•••