How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic

There are 20 comments on the Jul 15, 2013, www.poz.com story titled How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic. In it, www.poz.com reports that:

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power marched through cheering crowds at the historic New York City Pride Parade on June 30, 2013, to declare an HIV prevention emergency that threatens the health of the young queer community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.poz.com.

First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#829 Nov 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
When AIDS attacked the gay community here, we didn`t fight it with ridiculous "moral" arguments. We fought it tbrough medical science, which included safe sex techniques--wbich inclded condoms. And you know what? We did it...we vastly reduced the number of transmissions. You're the kind of "moral crusader who kill people.
<quoted text>
The AIDS problem in this country has gotten worse, not better. A homosexual male has a 40% chance of being HIV positive by the age of 40. That is terrible. It means that virtually EVERY homosexual will get HIV during his lifetime at some point.

Saint Louis, MO

#830 Nov 7, 2013
If want to risk catching HIV once every week, that is cool with me. But I think you ought to know that truth. Do not believe all the lies they are keep telling about "safe sex". If you believe that your death will amount to murder. But I have told you the truth. There is no such thing as "safe sex" outside marriage. And some governments are requiring both partners to take and HIV test before they will issue you a marriage license. Once you get married, make sure that neither of you has any sex with anyone else. Then you will have safe sex. And not before that. The ONLY safe sex is married sex. Condoms will not get it.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#831 Nov 7, 2013
Chance wrote:
Good grief!! Why is this so hard? The solution is simple. Keep it in your pants.
baN swelornapaden
Mary knows best

Brooklyn, NY

#833 Nov 7, 2013
How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic ?

STOP having SEX with MEN that SLEEP AROUND !

SAFE SEX !!!!!

Saint Louis, MO

#834 Nov 7, 2013
Mary knows best wrote:
How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic ?
STOP having SEX with MEN that SLEEP AROUND !
SAFE SEX !!!!!
Stop having man on man sex altogether, especially anal sex.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#835 Nov 7, 2013
That's because safe sex consists of more than just condoms, moron. Not to mention you can have sex every hour without a condom and not catch anything if your partner isn't infected.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.hli.org/resources/condoms-little-k... . In other words, if you have sex using a condom every day, you risk exposure once every week or at least once every two weeks. That does not seem like "safe sex" to me. Numbers do not lie. I did not publish those numbers. All you need to do is google "condom effectiveness rate". The facts are out there. But perverts want to deceive themselves by pretending that condoms work. They do not. They have never been 100% effective. They did help somewhat with things like gonorrhea. But with HIV, you have a far worse situation because HIV is life threatening. Do you want to risk your life every week?

Indianapolis

#836 Nov 7, 2013
Absolute bullcrap. Only 5% of gay men are HIV+, and many are on meds which keep the viral load at zero or near zero. Granted, you're much too stupid to understand that, but it needed to be said. I don`t expect much from someone who thinks 40%(fictitious in itself) is the same as EVERY.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The AIDS problem in this country has gotten worse, not better. A homosexual male has a 40% chance of being HIV positive by the age of 40. That is terrible. It means that virtually EVERY homosexual will get HIV during his lifetime at some point.

Saint Louis, MO

#838 Nov 7, 2013
"A study based upon statistics from 1986 through 1990 estimated that 20-year-old gay men had a 50 percent chance of becoming HIV positive by age 55." ( http://factsaboutyouth.com/posts/promiscuity/ )

"US News reports that if HIV infections among men who have sex with men (MSM) continue to rise at the current rates, more than half of college-aged homosexual men will have HIV by the age of 50." ( http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/epidemic-1-2... )

I am not giving you these numbers out of any kind of hatred. But the truth needs to be told. Half of you will definitely be HIV positive by the time you live half your life. As you get older, more and more of you will be HIV positive. Based on this fact, it seems that virtually every homosexual will be HIV positive during his life, Many will not get it until they are old. But it is indisputably clear that more than half over the age of 50 will have it. And you have to keep in mind that many will die of AIDS before the age of 50. There is no doubt that homosexual activity will lead to a very high chance that you will get HIV. But many who have it will not develop full-blown AIDS. Furthermore, many who are HIV positive (25% I think) do not even know it.

Saint Louis, MO

#839 Nov 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Absolute bullcrap. Only 5% of gay men are HIV+, and many are on meds which keep the viral load at zero or near zero. Granted, you're much too stupid to understand that, but it needed to be said. I don`t expect much from someone who thinks 40%(fictitious in itself) is the same as EVERY.
<quoted text>
Give us a source of that 5% lie you just told. I know you are lying. You are just being delusional because you do not want to admit that men having sex with men is a problem, a big problem and a serious problem. It is your life. But if I do not tell you what I know about this, I would be responsible for your death.

Indianapolis

#840 Nov 8, 2013
1986to 1990? That was the height of the AIDS crisis, before safe sex guidelines were established and the number of transmissions plummeted, idiot. You might as well tell kids they'll probably get polio based on late-1950`s stats. You aren't telling the truth, you're spewing ignorance.
Abdurratln wrote:
"A study based upon statistics from 1986 through 1990 estimated that 20-year-old gay men had a 50 percent chance of becoming HIV positive by age 55." ( http://factsaboutyouth.com/posts/promiscuity/ )
"US News reports that if HIV infections among men who have sex with men (MSM) continue to rise at the current rates, more than half of college-aged homosexual men will have HIV by the age of 50." ( http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/epidemic-1-2... )
I am not giving you these numbers out of any kind of hatred. But the truth needs to be told. Half of you will definitely be HIV positive by the time you live half your life. As you get older, more and more of you will be HIV positive. Based on this fact, it seems that virtually every homosexual will be HIV positive during his life, Many will not get it until they are old. But it is indisputably clear that more than half over the age of 50 will have it. And you have to keep in mind that many will die of AIDS before the age of 50. There is no doubt that homosexual activity will lead to a very high chance that you will get HIV. But many who have it will not develop full-blown AIDS. Furthermore, many who are HIV positive (25% I think) do not even know it.

Indianapolis

#841 Nov 8, 2013
The CDC reports that there were 29,800 cases of transmission among men who have sex with men, they don`t break it down into gay, bi, gay for pay, or prison rape. There are MILLIONS of gay men, so your figures are utter garbage.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a source of that 5% lie you just told. I know you are lying. You are just being delusional because you do not want to admit that men having sex with men is a problem, a big problem and a serious problem. It is your life. But if I do not tell you what I know about this, I would be responsible for your death.

Saint Louis, MO

#842 Nov 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The CDC reports that there were 29,800 cases of transmission among men who have sex with men, they don`t break it down into gay, bi, gay for pay, or prison rape. There are MILLIONS of gay men, so your figures are utter garbage.
<quoted text>
You are worth debating. Bye.

Indianapolis

#843 Nov 8, 2013
In 2010. Edit fail.
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#844 Nov 8, 2013
Yes, I am, which why you are running away. No wonder you chose a chicken as an avatar.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
You are worth debating. Bye.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#845 Nov 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, I am, which why you are running away. No wonder you chose a chicken as an avatar.
<quoted text>
That is a cock, in case you couldn't tell!

Indianapolis

#846 Nov 8, 2013
Not if he's using it, it's not...:)

A cock is just a chicken with a PR rep.
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>

Saint Louis, MO

#847 Nov 8, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It known as the Red Cockerel, capitalized. We represent the poor farmers of Africa as well as the poor Africans everywhere.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#848 Nov 8, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.hli.org/resources/condoms-little-k... . In other words, if you have sex using a condom every day, you risk exposure once every week or at least once every two weeks. That does not seem like "safe sex" to me. Numbers do not lie. I did not publish those numbers. All you need to do is google "condom effectiveness rate". The facts are out there. But perverts want to deceive themselves by pretending that condoms work. They do not. They have never been 100% effective. They did help somewhat with things like gonorrhea. But with HIV, you have a far worse situation because HIV is life threatening. Do you want to risk your life every week?
Sorry, that's not a science site. You obviously aren't aware of life outside your religious BS, you risk your life every day, from riding in cars, eating food that you didn't grow yourself. Condoms are effective science has proven that and the only perverts are those who keep trying to lie to support their methodologically based BS.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#849 Nov 8, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he bother, you aren't bright enough to read and understand what you've read, you even include religious BS sites and OUTDATED information stating them as authoritative when they aren't. You aren't telling anyone anything, you are cherry-picking the lies and out of date information to help your homophobic claims....too bad others actually Know better.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#850 Nov 8, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
It known as the Red Cockerel, capitalized. We represent the poor farmers of Africa as well as the poor Africans everywhere.
No, you represent yourself and yourself only.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 7 min ky man 72
News Justice Dept.: Inmate's gender condition should... 41 min What if 19
News Now out, Bruce Jenner shines spotlight on trans... 1 hr zyondra 8
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 1 hr meonly 1,757
News Meet the transgender would-be MP, her lesbian l... 2 hr kim 1
i am secret bottom in dammam :) (Aug '12) 3 hr crazyinsex 536
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 4 hr ahmad 13,586
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) Thu mistawy 481
More from around the web