The only thing we have to fear . . .

The only thing we have to fear . . .

There are 240 comments on the www.dailyrepublic.com story from Feb 9, 2013, titled The only thing we have to fear . . .. In it, www.dailyrepublic.com reports that:

When did so many of us become so fearful?

When did we, proud of our melting-pot origins, become determined to keep out immigrant families seeking a chance at the American dream? When did we stop being proud of our government and start hoarding guns to protect us against the invasion of our homes by mythical government storm troopers?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.dailyrepublic.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#23 Feb 10, 2013
Wounded Paw wrote:
<quoted text>
Old America? Regressive liberalism is the old America. A bunch of sexual decrepits and perverts. A society of rampant substance abuse and a highly predatory yewish run govt printing our dough into transparancy. You are a phuckin idiot to not see what's coming pal and all you care about is who's gonna bang yer butt.
Enjoy the fall of Rome.
Again!
They couldn't win the revolutionary war against the colonies here so over time they schemed something even better. Infiltrate our own govt and open a 'private' central bank. Slaves to the dollar and a puppet to our masters here and abroad.
The rest is, well, history.
Woo Woo Woo Woo
Crazy much?

I guess if there was a semi-valid point in there I could dispute it, but that was just crazy ramble.

Go hide in a bush with your AR-15 or whatever.

"What's coming" is what you make it. It's an amazing coincidence that the only people predicting doom and gloom are the ones who lost the elections. The rest of us are doing just fine - because we're not crazy.

And I'll put my morals and character up against yours any day, crazy.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#24 Feb 10, 2013
"Most Americans are living their lives as always – working hard, teaching their children the difference between right and wrong, how to be tolerant and that being happy means helping others."

People all over the "first world" are fearful. Standards of living are declining and probably will continue to do so for the next 150 years, barring some major historical event or shift. While the US is progressing on gay rights it is moving ever so slowly on gun control.

Fear grips most those on the edge of a cliff looking down. Those on the bottom don't have anything to fear - they are too busy scrambling to live. Those away from the edge don't care.

The author of the article needs to recall that in 1914 Germany was the most advanced and socially reformed country in Europe - with a populace much better educated at the time than American bumpkins. And everyone knows what happened to Germany.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#25 Feb 10, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
"Most Americans are living their lives as always – working hard, teaching their children the difference between right and wrong, how to be tolerant and that being happy means helping others."
People all over the "first world" are fearful. Standards of living are declining and probably will continue to do so for the next 150 years, barring some major historical event or shift. While the US is progressing on gay rights it is moving ever so slowly on gun control.
Fear grips most those on the edge of a cliff looking down. Those on the bottom don't have anything to fear - they are too busy scrambling to live. Those away from the edge don't care.
The author of the article needs to recall that in 1914 Germany was the most advanced and socially reformed country in Europe - with a populace much better educated at the time than American bumpkins. And everyone knows what happened to Germany.
Fear grips the stupid.

The reason for the decline is radical conservatism and greed, not social issues.

The breakdown of the American family, while sad, did not cause CEO's to hoard money for themselves in unprecedented proportions vs their own workers.

Kids on drugs did not entice banks to take risky mortgages, knowing they would have no responsibility because they were just going to flip those mortgages.

The biggest rational fear is of stupid people with guns who think it's the end of the world, and their counterparts in Congress. Both groups like to fancy themselves victims because they are no longer artificially advantaged (as much.) So they don't mind blowing things up (literally in the first case, metaphorically in the second) because they've convinced each other of their own despair. These are the people who will continue to ruin things via their own self-fulfilling prophecy of whining and complaining. Ironically, these are the very same people who lay some claim to faith - while displaying none.

Take responsibility for your own life. If you want to make it work, you will. If you want to cop out, you will.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#26 Feb 10, 2013
Silver n Gold wrote:
It just might actually work. It'd be ugly for a short period but in the wrong run? We can't go on like this much more.
I think those who have been paying attention are ready and prepared. I agree. Bring it on and let's get it over with. Better than having it hanging over us for much longer.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#27 Feb 10, 2013
Wounded Paw wrote:
<quoted text>
Old America? Regressive liberalism is the old America. A bunch of sexual decrepits and perverts. A society of rampant substance abuse and a highly predatory yewish run govt printing our dough into transparancy. You are a phuckin idiot to not see what's coming pal and all you care about is who's gonna bang yer butt.
Enjoy the fall of Rome.
Again!
They couldn't win the revolutionary war against the colonies here so over time they schemed something even better. Infiltrate our own govt and open a 'private' central bank. Slaves to the dollar and a puppet to our masters here and abroad.
The rest is, well, history.
Woo Woo Woo Woo
I'm with you in this, but honestly talking to gays about this is like talking to a a tom cat in a roomful of unspayed female cats. Sex crowds out any sense of rationality. While people like you and me have been paying attention to this because we think it is important, gays simply can't be bothered. Not to mention the fact that most of them are young and brainwashed by a government school system that was geared toward blinding their eyes, shutting their ears, and making sure they don't even have a context into which to plug information like that. They can't even see how they have been and are being used to bring about the transformation. The powers that be knew that Christians would be the strongest resistance, so they encouraged the "normalization" of homosexuality to divide and conquer the churches. They have been successful in destroying a lot of churches and whole denominations that way resulting in much of the resistance destroyed. Gays think they will like what is coming, but .... like I said history will tell.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#28 Feb 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy much?
I guess if there was a semi-valid point in there I could dispute it, but that was just crazy ramble.
Go hide in a bush with your AR-15 or whatever.
"What's coming" is what you make it. It's an amazing coincidence that the only people predicting doom and gloom are the ones who lost the elections. The rest of us are doing just fine - because we're not crazy.
And I'll put my morals and character up against yours any day, crazy.
See Wounded Paw, just like I said. Blinded and no context in which to plug the information.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#29 Feb 10, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
I guess not all gays are blinded. I'm not sure you understand completely. "Gun control" is part of making sure nobody can fight back and defend themselves from tyrannical government. But everything else you say shows you do have some understanding of the predicament we are in and the likely outcome.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#30 Feb 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear grips the stupid.
The reason for the decline is radical conservatism and greed, not social issues.
The breakdown of the American family, while sad, did not cause CEO's to hoard money for themselves in unprecedented proportions vs their own workers.
Kids on drugs did not entice banks to take risky mortgages, knowing they would have no responsibility because they were just going to flip those mortgages.
The biggest rational fear is of stupid people with guns who think it's the end of the world, and their counterparts in Congress. Both groups like to fancy themselves victims because they are no longer artificially advantaged (as much.) So they don't mind blowing things up (literally in the first case, metaphorically in the second) because they've convinced each other of their own despair. These are the people who will continue to ruin things via their own self-fulfilling prophecy of whining and complaining. Ironically, these are the very same people who lay some claim to faith - while displaying none.
Take responsibility for your own life. If you want to make it work, you will. If you want to cop out, you will.
You don't get it, and you likely never will - not even when it smacks you upside the head. You are looking at results and not causes. You haven't a clue what the roots of our problems are, and you haven't a clue what the solutions could be. If you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#31 Feb 10, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I think those who have been paying attention are ready and prepared. I agree. Bring it on and let's get it over with. Better than having it hanging over us for much longer.
You're a bunch of paranoid, unAmerican self-destructive and irresponsible punks.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#33 Feb 10, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
See Wounded Paw, just like I said. Blinded and no context in which to plug the information.
Blinded because I don't believe your made up crap that you fell for like a moron?

Lay out something factual. I dare you.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#34 Feb 10, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess not all gays are blinded. I'm not sure you understand completely. "Gun control" is part of making sure nobody can fight back and defend themselves from tyrannical government. But everything else you say shows you do have some understanding of the predicament we are in and the likely outcome.
Gun control is responsible. Crazy people are against gun control because they watch too many Steven Sagal movies and think they can be Rambo against the US government.

You are the dangerous ones.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#35 Feb 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a bunch of paranoid, unAmerican self-destructive and irresponsible punks.
I would be laughing if I didn't realize the state of ignorance from which it came.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#36 Feb 10, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it, and you likely never will - not even when it smacks you upside the head. You are looking at results and not causes. You haven't a clue what the roots of our problems are, and you haven't a clue what the solutions could be. If you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.
In post after post you say nothing except you are afraid, have no idea what to do, and have no faith. And somehow you take comfort in others feeling as pathetic and useless as yourself.

Get off your ass and start fixing things instead of playing a punk victim little bitch.

Your people don't get to rule the world anymore. That doesn't mean you get to blow it up. Screwball.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#37 Feb 10, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be laughing if I didn't realize the state of ignorance from which it came.
Right. So, people who don't share your paranoid delusions are ignorant. Got it.

So why don't you enlighten us about all the terrible things to come, swami?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#38 Feb 10, 2013
"The only thing we have to fear" is 'SOFT' MEN or 'HARD' WOMEN.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#39 Feb 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. So, people who don't share your paranoid delusions are ignorant. Got it.
So why don't you enlighten us about all the terrible things to come, swami?
Why don't we start with the terrible things that have already happened: people out of work, people losing their homes, inflation from quantitative easing causing everything to get more expensive, higher gas prices, the weakest recession recovery in history, Obamacare making people lose still more jobs, higher taxes, business people regulated to death and afraid to expand their businesses because of demands the government is putting on them, and the same guy who did nothing about all this in four years back in there for another four years. Add the debt, which will soon be $17 trillion and we have a situation that is ripe for getting worse. Didn't gays think about any of that when you voted for Obama? Or did you think only about sticking it to Christians by undermining one of Christianity's sacred institutions?
Who Runs This Country

Amherst, MA

#40 Feb 10, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
No, most people AREN'T working you fool! 45 million are on food stamps and eveything is expensive. What the hell planet do you live on?
And yes we do know what happened in Germany BEFORE Hitler's famous speech "The Jewish Question" The same thing that is going on here right now.
Maybe you should read his speech and give it some thought?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#41 Feb 10, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we start with the terrible things that have already happened: people out of work, people losing their homes, inflation from quantitative easing causing everything to get more expensive, higher gas prices, the weakest recession recovery in history, Obamacare making people lose still more jobs, higher taxes, business people regulated to death and afraid to expand their businesses because of demands the government is putting on them, and the same guy who did nothing about all this in four years back in there for another four years. Add the debt, which will soon be $17 trillion and we have a situation that is ripe for getting worse. Didn't gays think about any of that when you voted for Obama? Or did you think only about sticking it to Christians by undermining one of Christianity's sacred institutions?
Nearly 100% of what you listed was caused by either the Bush administration or before that.

Obama is not a magician. He's a very smart man with very honorable intentions. Screwballs in office have gummed up the works because they can't accept the fact that they lost (again.)

Everything is fixable when you want to fix it. Or the Republicans can continue playing stubborn games like idiots and slowing the recovery.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#44 Feb 11, 2013
Who Runs This Country wrote:
<quoted text>
No, most people AREN'T working you fool! 45 million are on food stamps and eveything is expensive. What the hell planet do you live on?
And yes we do know what happened in Germany BEFORE Hitler's famous speech "The Jewish Question" The same thing that is going on here right now.
Maybe you should read his speech and give it some thought?
1. Just because YOU think "everything" is expensive, doesn't mean the rest of us are in your boat. Get a second job if you need to.
2. Even at 8% or 15% unemployment, by definition MOST people ARE working.
3. Give me a break with the Hitler crap, you freaking loser.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#45 Feb 11, 2013
charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeaaaaa blame it on everything and everybody but the black man
It is illogical to blame him, which means you are irrationally biased if you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biphobic hate crimes a should be treated differ... 9 min Wondering 21
News Hatfield Point man pleads not guilty to assault... 1 hr @GED Grad 1
Gay in jeddah today 9 hr Khaliii 1
News Gay rights is personal for Fla. candidates 10 hr The Troll Stopper 16
News Trump bans transgender people from military 16 hr politicslover 379
News Chile families fight for acceptance of transgen... Tue The Troll Stopper 4
News Are you transgender? Well now is your chance to... Tue TipsyFromCentralC... 1
More from around the web