Rules set for Oklahoma Episcopal parishes to offer same-gender blessings

Apr 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

Guidelines have been established for same-gender blessing ceremonies to be performed in Oklahoma Episcopal churches, a state leader with the denomination said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Listen to the Word

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Rule Number 1: Deny the Bible.
Rule Number 2: Ignore historic Christianity.
Rule Number 3: Ignore the scientific fact that the digestive system is not the reproductive or sex
system.
Rule Number 4: Do whatever Katherine Jefferts-Schori says is God-pleasing.
Rule Number 5: Marry whoever you want, just don't report it to the state authorities - yet. They state of Oklahoma has caught up with the liberalism of TEC yet.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Glad that the OK diocese is getting this.
john

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Glad that the OK diocese is getting this.
I am sure you are aware of the decline in Church members numbers for the last 8-10 years right? Well look back to when the Episcopal Church decided for us that same sex is OK. It is not what the Bible says and it is not what many of the Church think.
Now couple that with the Lesbian Bishop and the gay Bishop and you can plainly see when the perverts took over they started gathering their own perverted friends to the Church and the people don't like it.
You own katherine jeffers schori is at the head of the decline of the Church.
Ugly Sermon Preached by Jefferts Schori

LETTER TO THE EDITOR
POST & COURIER
http://tinyurl.com/bfbkpur
Feb. 1, 2013

I was saddened and appalled, but not surprised, by the vindictive and mean-spirited language Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori used in her sermon on Saturday.

Alluding to Bishop Mark Lawrence as a "tyrant" and comparing him to "citizens' militias deciding to patrol ... the Mexican border for unwelcome visitors" was unconscionable.

And to say, "It's not terribly far from the state of mind evidenced in school shootings, or in those who want to arm school children, or the terrorism that takes oil workers hostage," was despicable.

That any Christian, much less a presiding bishop, would use such invective and incendiary words says more about the speaker than the person she is attempting to vilify.

However, she is the same person who has spent over $22 million to sue churches over their property, who refused to sell a church back to its congregation and instead sold it to a Muslim organization, and who sued beloved, retired bishops because they challenged her authority.

It is not surprising that the fruits of Bishop Jefferts Schori's leadership of TEC are a significant decline in members, controversy and confrontation with the majority of the Anglican Communion, and financial problems resulting in the need to sell prized land in Manhattan.

"They Will Know We Are Christians by Our Love" has been a favorite hymn of mine for over 50 years.

It is also a good barometer of a person's Christian character. The language used by Jefferts Schori from the pulpit is as unloving and un-Christian as it gets.

Still, as one who believes in a forgiving God and in spiritual transformation, I will continue to pray that TEC and Jefferts Schori may be inspired and imbued with the Holy Spirit and in the process may rise above petty name-calling and invective and embrace the love of Christ in what they say and do.

Dr. Peter T. Mitchell
Broad Street
Georgetown

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

john wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you are aware of the decline in Church members numbers for the last 8-10 years right? Well look back to when the Episcopal Church decided for us that same sex is OK. It is not what the Bible says and it is not what many of the Church think.
Now couple that with the Lesbian Bishop and the gay Bishop and you can plainly see when the perverts took over they started gathering their own perverted friends to the Church and the people don't like it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
POST & COURIER
Feb. 1, 2013
I was saddened and appalled, but not surprised, by the vindictive and mean-spirited language Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori used in her sermon on Saturday.
Alluding to Bishop Mark Lawrence as a "tyrant" and comparing him to "citizens' militias deciding to patrol ... the Mexican border for unwelcome visitors" was unconscionable.
And to say, "It's not terribly far from the state of mind evidenced in school shootings, or in those who want to arm school children, or the terrorism that takes oil workers hostage," was despicable.
That any Christian, much less a presiding bishop, would use such invective and incendiary words says more about the speaker than the person she is attempting to vilify.
However, she is the same person who has spent over $22 million to sue churches over their property, who refused to sell a church back to its congregation and instead sold it to a Muslim organization, and who sued beloved, retired bishops because they challenged her authority.
It is not surprising that the fruits of Bishop Jefferts Schori's leadership of TEC are a significant decline in members, controversy and confrontation with the majority of the Anglican Communion, and financial problems resulting in the need to sell prized land in Manhattan.
"They Will Know We Are Christians by Our Love" has been a favorite hymn of mine for over 50 years.
It is also a good barometer of a person's Christian character. The language used by Jefferts Schori from the pulpit is as unloving and un-Christian as it gets.
Still, as one who believes in a forgiving God and in spiritual transformation, I will continue to pray that TEC and Jefferts Schori may be inspired and imbued with the Holy Spirit and in the process may rise above petty name-calling and invective and embrace the love of Christ in what they say and do.
Dr. Peter T. Mitchell
Broad Street
Georgetown
You have incorrectly connected "apples to oranges." The demographics of Church-going members among the mainline Churches, such as the Episcopal Church are very well understood. They do not simply or directly connect to the changes being made in generally "traditional" theological understandings.

TEC is courageously following the Gospel and Teachings of Christ Jesus and clearly IS inspired and imbued with the Holy Spirit. To say otherwise is to attempt to hold onto the institutionalized hypocrisies and bigotries of the centuries past that have sullied the Teachings.

Jesus never endorsed these hypocritical bigotries. In fact, he specifically taught against them. Now that we have actually made an effort to retrack ourselves along the lines of the Teachings and Gospel that he originally set out for his followers, we find ourselves castigated and crucified anew.

If this is the price we are supposed to pay for actually accepting his discipleship, so let it be done.

More power, light and love to PB Katherine Jefferts-Schori for her persistent and faithful adherence to the Teachings and Gospel of Christ Jesus.

And may our Church also continue to succeed in its efforts to hold those who have rejected these Teachings and Gospel, while attempting to abscond with property and assets that do not belong to them, accountable for their subterfuge.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

john wrote:
<quoted text>
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
POST & COURIER
Feb. 1, 2013

Dr. Peter T. Mitchell
Broad Street
Georgetown
You have incorrectly connected "apples to oranges." The demographics of Church-going members among the mainline Churches, such as the Episcopal Church are very well understood. They do not simply or directly connect to the changes being made in generally "traditional" theological understandings.

TEC is courageously following the Gospel and Teachings of Christ Jesus and clearly IS inspired and imbued with the Holy Spirit. To say otherwise is to attempt to hold onto the institutionalized hypocrisies and bigotries of the centuries past that have sullied the Teachings.

Jesus never endorsed these hypocritical bigotries. In fact, he specifically taught against them. Now that we have actually made an effort to retrack ourselves along the lines of the Teachings and Gospel that he originally set out for his followers, we find ourselves castigated and crucified anew.

If this is the price we are supposed to pay for actually accepting his discipleship, so let it be done.

More power, light and love to PB Katherine Jefferts-Schori for her persistent and faithful adherence to the Teachings and Gospel of Christ Jesus.

And may our Church also continue to succeed in its efforts to hold those who have rejected these Teachings and Gospel, while attempting to abscond with property and assets that do not belong to them, accountable for their subterfuge.

Rev. Ken
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Funny how your name just keeps turning up defending what the Bible teaches against, and a lesbian bishop will never be the answer.
She is bringing the Church down to her level and that's not good.
What about all the money worshipers pour into their Churches believing the Bible is being taught only to find out all you new wave almost Christians are trying to take over.
The queers will stop at nothing to try to make them selves acceptable and that won't happen either.
You are totally confused ken so stop this rant.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
Funny how your name just keeps turning up defending what the Bible teaches against, and a lesbian bishop will never be the answer.
What about all the money worshipers pour into their Churches believing the Bible is being taught only to find out all you new wave almost Christians are trying to take over.
The queers will stop at nothing to try to make them selves acceptable and that won't happen either.
Right after you stop the hate.

God is LOVE.

Try it some time.....
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God is LOVE.
Try it some time.....
Some like you will never face the truth. Oh your buddy ken says he is the truth but we all know ken is full of crap.
When I speak the truth people like you will always say it is hate.
Deflection is your greatest tool.
Smile :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
No. I have no intention of trying to stop your rants.

As a matter of fact, I appreciate them. Keep on posting them, to your heart's content.

Each time you do, you again reveal your misconceptions about what it is to be an honest human being. Then, usually, you make some inane remark about queers and Christians as if the two are mutually exclusive. They are not.

As a result, you regularly provide an excellent opportunity to present a countering point of view.

Rev. Ken
George

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God is LOVE.
Yes He is - but He is also holy. What does that mean and what does it mean that He calls us to be holy as well?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God is LOVE ...
Yet you only "love" those who agree you, so what advantage is that (Mt. 5:46)?
George

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

I guess I should expect it from this crowd, but I serously have to wonder what it is about saying God is both love and holy that gets it marked as "spam" and "clueless." He is not holy? He doesn't call us to be holy? If you don't wrestle wtih that issue how can you possibly be a follower?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe your assertion for one second, Joe.

In fact, Middleway's comments almost always refer to God's love for ALL of us, you included.

What he does not put up with, and I agree with him, is YOUR repeated misstatements and openly hostile remarks.

He gives it right back to you, just as you have tried to pass it out.

Nothing wrong with that at all. It's the same thing Jesus did, every time the Pharisees surrounded him and tried to trap him in some sort of heresy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

George wrote:
I guess I should expect it from this crowd, but I serously have to wonder what it is about saying God is both love and holy that gets it marked as "spam" and "clueless." He is not holy? He doesn't call us to be holy? If you don't wrestle wtih that issue how can you possibly be a follower?
I find nothing wrong in your statement about holiness, George.

It might be construed as somewhat superfluous. But, there is nothing at all wrong with it.

This "crowd," as you have called it, is often full of hypercritical accusers who cannot be satisfied.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
Is Rev. Ken & Rev. Alan the same person???? Inquiring minds want to know.
YES

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
Is Rev. Ken & Rev. Alan the same person???? Inquiring minds want to know.
No. I am not the same person as Rev. Alan.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am not the same person as Rev. Alan.
Only Shadow, Hank, George are those things.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

George wrote:
I was wondering the same thing.

What is it to be holy, is it different then being perfect?

43 “You have heard that our fathers were told,‘Love your neighbor[i]— and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't love you Joie, I wouldn't bother posting to you.....

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't love you Joie, I wouldn't bother posting to you.....
As Judge Judy's dad once told her, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's rain".
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe your assertion for one second, Joe ...
I don't believe your Christian for one second, Ken, because a Christian would know I didn't write Matthew's Gospel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 11 min Fili 1,090
i am bottom in dammam (Aug '12) 2 hr Alfaisal 418
Looking for top or bottom in khobar or dammam (Jul '12) 3 hr cuteMe 152
i am secret bottom in dammam :) (Aug '12) 3 hr cuteMe 388
iam top34 looking bottom at jeddah 0533994072 3 hr jackie 5
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 5 hr like 10,510
UN conference provokes heated gay rights debate 7 hr freethinker1957 3
•••
•••