Commentary: Stonewall Columbus Pride ...

Commentary: Stonewall Columbus Pride Parade reminiscent of a Fourth of July parade

There are 605 comments on the The Lantern story from Jun 23, 2013, titled Commentary: Stonewall Columbus Pride Parade reminiscent of a Fourth of July parade. In it, The Lantern reports that:

A Pride Parade walker looks to throw bracelets at crowds that lined the street. Pride Parade, part of Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival 2013, took place June 22 on High Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Lantern.

Broseph

New Castle, DE

#174 Jun 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin is embarrassed for you, Broseph.
Back to Biology 101.
If ignoring how the field of biology has advanced by leaps and bounds after helps you out,then go for it, though I honestly feel sympathy for all the female family members you encounter at your family reunions. Also, I guess you also believe in alchemy, because Sir Issac Newton believed it was possible to turn lead into gold? If you're banking on that to help you build your nest egg, then I have a bridge I want to sell you.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#175 Jun 29, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Those articles don't support your claim of anyone's rights being violated (maybe the chik fil a soldier but that article is way soft on information). Just because you are on the wrong end of public opinion doesn't mean your rights are violated.
Show us an article about someone being arrested for speaking out about gay marriage. Show us an article about a church being prohibited from preaching about the evils of homosexuality.
now your re-defing math equations?

if you are a Christian, then you can't condone abortion or homosexuality by religion.

Christians are the majority in the USA. Hypocrites are almost an even half. So if you are not a Christian, then you are in the minority in the USA.

there are no rights being violated period. Your ilk want s to add to your rights by law, what you already possess. You just want the Government to do it for you out of laziness, and a political battle win.

by Christians turning their head on abortion or homosexuality, it is against their religion. Yes even the Pope. So if you ignore God's will, you are not a Christian and belong to hypocrite crowd.

we have the right to practice and believe in our religion.

so all Christians and Hypocrites are educated with reality, now you found the divide.

Welcome to decision time.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#176 Jun 29, 2013
*after Darwin
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#177 Jun 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you could devote some time to figuring it out.
Here's a headstart: Scientists have not identified any "homosexual gene" and even so, natural selection would not be its friend.
You do realize that there are several, different kinds of selection in nature, don't you?
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#178 Jun 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you could devote some time to figuring it out.
Here's a headstart: Scientists have not identified any "homosexual gene" and even so, natural selection would not be its friend.
I also love how you're not even considering the neutral model and the near-neutral model, In tip's world, random drift doesn't exist apparently.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#179 Jun 29, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that there are several, different kinds of selection in nature, don't you?
prove it.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#180 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
now your re-defing math equations?
if you are a Christian, then you can't condone abortion or homosexuality by religion.
Christians are the majority in the USA. Hypocrites are almost an even half. So if you are not a Christian, then you are in the minority in the USA.
The first amendment prohibits a religion, even a majority, from imposing itself on citizens.

Personally I think the attempt should be criminalized.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#181 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it.
Prove it? Stabilizing selection, Balancing selection, sexual selection, Purifying selection, Disruptive selection, Directional selection, and other kinds of selection have been identified for a long time. Also, these selections don't always play a part. Radom drift is a significant factor is evolution as well.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#182 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it.
Darwin wasnt even aware of how traits were passed down, via genetics. You all need to move passed Darwin and walk into the future.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#183 Jun 29, 2013
*in evolution as well.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#184 Jun 29, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin wasnt even aware of how traits were passed down, via genetics. You all need to move passed Darwin and walk into the future.
you need to learn to formulate proper sentence structure prior to taking off where Darwin left off.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#185 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to learn to formulate proper sentence structure prior to taking off where Darwin left off.
You attack how I form sentences, and ignore my facts. That's a nice tactic.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#186 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant. Helpful. Agree.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#187 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
The major criticism Darwin faced was that he didn't address the exact mechanism of how traits were passed down. Darwin wasn't aware of Gregor Mendel's work, nor was anyone til the early 20th century. Darwin didn't live to see genetics be crafted into his theory of natural selection. You can ignore that, but that doesn't make it any less true.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#188 Jun 29, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant. Helpful. Agree.
It was the opposite of helpful. It was a shameless red herring. He tried to make the topic about my sentence structure, when the matter at hand was selection.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#189 Jun 29, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
You attack how I form sentences, and ignore my facts. That's a nice tactic.
what facts?

you are hallucinating.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#190 Jun 29, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the opposite of helpful. It was a shameless red herring. He tried to make the topic about my sentence structure, when the matter at hand was selection.
selection was determined by God.

look in your crotch as fact check.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#191 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really trying to blend religion with science? Seriously? Please bring in the bible into the discussion, so I can mock how bible says how all creatures that have ever existed had actually existed at the same time, and that they all ate plants before original sin. Ha.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#192 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
what facts?
you are hallucinating.
Says the guy that brings fictional figures into a science discussion. God? Really?
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#193 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe in god all you want, but keep it out of science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 24 min Fa-Foxy 15
News Why culture war issues like same-sex marriage a... 29 min Fa-Foxy 1
looking for massage in Jubail (May '13) 1 hr young4old 227
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 62
Massage(Yanbu) (Feb '13) 3 hr HANA YANBU IND 859
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... 7 hr Lawrence Wolf 48
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 8 hr Hattan 2,447
The Growing trend of eunuchs/men without balls (Nov '08) Aug 23 sparebits 195
More from around the web