Upstate New York DJs Apologize for An...

Upstate New York DJs Apologize for Anti-Trans Remarks

There are 72 comments on the EDGE story from May 27, 2014, titled Upstate New York DJs Apologize for Anti-Trans Remarks. In it, EDGE reports that:

Two radio hosts from Rochester, N.Y., apologized in a statement Friday after they were fired for using anti-trans language on air last week, Gay Star News reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Abrahammock Religions

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 27, 2014
The DJs understood the impact of their anti trans remarks when they themselves began transitioning to new careers.
Legal Blood Donor

Plainfield, MA

#2 May 27, 2014
What about Rev Al's remarks about poofters in the past?
What these DJ's did was merely exercise their 1st amendment of freedom of speech. Thus proving a certain special group of people care little about any ones rights.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 May 27, 2014
Freedom of speech is grand. Just remember, opening your mouth or posting your opinion opens the door to repercussions. What you say and post on your time, and not your employer, or an agent of a business is a whole other legal matter.
The Last Stone

Plainfield, MA

#4 May 27, 2014
Yes sugarbush. I'm not i the business of making money Jade. But it's all so good and dandy when you slam those believing in Jesus isn't it? So basically Jade, some might argue that America IS defamation. That Grafitti IS art. That graphic and offensive art IS ART! How bout hip hop Jade? They make BILLIONS doing so. But when it goes against YOUR fancy, it's defamation or hatred.
Aint that right? Sugar......
:o)
Jade is a Heterosexual

Plainfield, MA

#5 May 27, 2014
You don't stand a chance.
Jade is a Heterosexual

Plainfield, MA

#6 May 27, 2014
I am a healthy human being.
I casually drink alcohol.
I am a drunk.

The bottom two are accommodations.

I am a heterosexual.
I am a polygamist.
I am a bisexual.

The bottom two are accommodations.

I am a healthy human being.
I am a 'recreational' drug user.
I abuse drugs.
Jade is a Heterosexual

Plainfield, MA

#7 May 27, 2014
When children are involved then I label you a cult and a pederast.
The Fire in Odessa was my latest come true Jade.
Abrahammock Religions

Philadelphia, PA

#8 May 27, 2014
Legal Blood Donor wrote:
What about Rev Al's remarks about poofters in the past?

What these DJ's did was merely exercise their 1st amendment of freedom of speech.
Fine, we'll overlook the RNC's homophobic bigotry 20 years after it stops. As with Sharpton's.

Glad to hear you criticizing the One Million Moms [sic] and their efforts to try and punish pro lgbt policies. Cos you're all about free speech...hey, wait a minute, that don't make no sense.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#9 May 27, 2014
I believe in Freedom Of speech and am a passionate defender of it.

But one must also take responsibility for opening one's big mouth and saying things really hateful and stupid.

I'm glad their former employer took immediate action and fired them tight away.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#10 May 28, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
I believe in Freedom Of speech and am a passionate defender of it.
But one must also take responsibility for opening one's big mouth and saying things really hateful and stupid.
I'm glad their former employer took immediate action and fired them tight away.
I'm not ... it wasn't hate speech as much as political speech.
K&B were discussing the use of our tax dollars. Being disgusted at how it is distributed!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 May 28, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
K&B were discussing the use of our tax dollars. Being disgusted at how it is distributed!
Well, their employer thought otherwise. That is where the paycheck comes from.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#12 May 28, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Well, their employer thought otherwise. That is where the paycheck comes from.
I think their employer would't have cared one bit if they hadn't gotten a petition overnight by the speech police that is the GLBT mafia.

If they were ranting about blacks on welfare, I doubt there would have been a petition.

If America was in the business of stifling free speech, do you think the GLBT community would have ever been allowed to develop a voice in the first place?

Our tolerance of your community has been rewarded by your intolerance of ours.
The Worm

Plainfield, MA

#13 May 28, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Well, their employer thought otherwise. That is where the paycheck comes from.
The fascist Jade speaks.
Explained

Pittsford, NY

#14 May 28, 2014
Abrahammock Religions wrote:
The DJs understood the impact of their anti trans remarks when they themselves began transitioning to new careers.
Disingenuous. Plus, no apology required. These TS people are whackjobs.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#15 May 28, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. It wasn't a First Amendment issue. It was an employer-employee issue.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#16 May 28, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. It wasn't a First Amendment issue. It was an employer-employee issue.
I agree that it was an employer/emploee issue. but it was only made an issue by the intolerant speech police of the GLBT mafia.
And like I said, if the straight community were as intolerant as the GLBT mafia are, they would have never been allowed a voice to protest in the first place.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#17 May 28, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that it was an employer/emploee issue. but it was only made an issue by the intolerant speech police of the GLBT mafia.
And like I said, if the straight community were as intolerant as the GLBT mafia are, they would have never been allowed a voice to protest in the first place.
Well a a capo with nearly a dozen soldiers under my command, I SUPPORT the LGBT mafia !(And it's "LGBT", NOT "GLBT". Don't you know ANYTING about the mafia ?!)
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#18 May 28, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a a capo with nearly a dozen soldiers under my command, I SUPPORT the LGBT mafia !(And it's "LGBT", NOT "GLBT". Don't you know ANYTING about the mafia ?!)
Sorry, I didn't get what you were trying to say.
try again in english, please.
Ask a Muslim

Blandford, MA

#19 May 28, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
And the fascist corporations fund these sexual zealots.
Holy Guacamole

Philadelphia, PA

#20 May 28, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
If America was in the business of stifling free speech, do you think the GLBT community would have ever been allowed to develop a voice in the first place?
Our tolerance of your community has been rewarded by your intolerance of ours.
What a twisted reversal of the struggle for equal lgbt rights and the long history of homophobic bigotry.

As for your tolerance:

We see your blatant transphobic remark in your other post.

Who ever passed laws saying str8 people can't marry the gender of their choice, adopt, serve openly as str8 people? We know who the intolerant bigots are.

There never was and isn't any tolerance from cre tins like you. LGBT people and allies just took rights. These days there may well be a general outrage when some ignorant employee spouts off with bigoted remarks in whatever workplace. It's getting as difficult to be publicly homophobic or transphobic as it is to be publicly racist. Little wonder you're aggrieved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Berkshire Trans Group aims for support, empower... 3 min The Worlds Bigges... 13
News Roger Hines: Clarity and controversy from the B... 2 hr facts 92
News Harvard withdraws fellowship invitation to Chel... 3 hr fingers mcgurke 28
News Brazil ruling that homosexuality is disease to ... 3 hr Johnny 8
News Trump Adds to Rollback of Obama Legacy With Ant... 17 hr TomInElPaso 106
News Transgender Employee Fired by VA Hospital Conte... 20 hr Hunter 2
News Talking to Your Children about Transgender Tue TerriB1 1
More from around the web