Top Indian court upholds law making g...

Top Indian court upholds law making gay sex a crime

There are 69 comments on the USA Today story from Dec 10, 2013, titled Top Indian court upholds law making gay sex a crime. In it, USA Today reports that:

In this photograph taken on July 7, an Indian sexual minority community member gestures over a rainbow flag while participating in a Rainbow Pride Walk in Kolkata.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

jason norris

Preston, UK

#54 Dec 13, 2013
well done India. Purge the pervs.
jerry

Poland

#56 Dec 13, 2013
I think they should put every pervert behind bars. That would give us a clean neighborhood for our kids.
Peter

Malaysia

#57 Dec 13, 2013
Jonathon wrote:
It's really sad how people are degrading day by day. They are they reason for all these crimes, AIDS, immorality .... God do something.
Well said dear
these people are now showing some presence of mind by banning gay sex
Smarty pants

San Jose, CA

#58 Dec 13, 2013
Gays are the reason India is becoming destination for sex trips. Each year gays flock to Kolkata for cheap sex vacation. Year round you can see White, Black,Brown and yellow gays searching for "Perfect" vacation in India.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#59 Dec 13, 2013
So as usual, the antigay (look for your own self, anyone) basically "adore" this ruling because it silences the pro-gay and the gay, stops gay people, and nullifies what they do.

Yet I could swear from what I'm seeing in media that that's not remotely what's happening. In fact, logic and nothing but logic dictates -- in tandem with what I've seen -- that this will have very little effect on "silencing" any of them or making any of them "invisible." In fact, the ruling itself has made them highly visible and a subject of international concern.

I'm stunned at the world of mendacity the antigay live in; it's one thing to lie to others, another to lie to oneself, and a third to lie in the blatant, patent face of evidence anyone can find on google within 10 seconds.

Since: Dec 13

Central City

#61 Dec 13, 2013
Thats terrible! What the f*** is wrong with you guys?? Is someone wants to have gay sex why does it matter!?! Doesnt have anything to do with you! You people are a disgrace to America
Mahesh Gopikar

UK

#62 Dec 13, 2013
India is filled with cracked people. Gays were never a problem in ancient India. There are several ancient references to homosexual relationships. Look for Konark Sun Temple Lesbian in google
It were muslim invaders who changed Culture of india drastically. You can enjoy homo-sex in Indian City of Joy "Kolkata". There no one gonna stop you. It's the only place where you can do whatever you want.
Sainathan Gopianand Iyer

Montréal, Canada

#64 Dec 13, 2013
Mahesh Gopikar wrote:
India is filled with cracked people. Gays were never a problem in ancient India. There are several ancient references to homosexual relationships. Look for Konark Sun Temple Lesbian in google
It were muslim invaders who changed Culture of india drastically. You can enjoy homo-sex in Indian City of Joy "Kolkata". There no one gonna stop you. It's the only place where you can do whatever you want.
Stop spreading your lies. You want to promote homosexual behavior in India. India is as much civilized as west is. No civilization ever aprove unethical behaviour.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#65 Dec 13, 2013
Sainathan Gopianand Iyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop spreading your lies. You want to promote homosexual behavior in India. India is as much civilized as west is. No civilization ever aprove unethical behaviour.
Unless you don't happen to like the dowry.
Come to senses

Jenkintown, PA

#66 Dec 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you don't happen to like the dowry.
Curry kids wanna have lotsa mullah. Why stop them dreaming like our uncle scrooge.:)
Come to senses

Jenkintown, PA

#67 Dec 13, 2013
It'll be interesting to see how things turn in favor GAYS AND LESBIANS. It's an election season going on in India. Oh! I hear a U-TURN by Indian Govt.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#68 Dec 13, 2013
This law, dating from 1861, was "India's" first prohibition on consensual sexual acts among consenting adults. It was a product of Victorian British attitudes towards sex, not then contemporary Indian attitudes towards sex. It essentially criminalizes all sexual acts which won't lead to procreation if you finish that way, even if you don't complete the act and regardless of the sex of the participants and includes no excuse for marriage. The notion that this incredibly vague law applies only to acts that are homosexual in nature comes from the unfortunate way this law has been enforced. If this law were actually enforced as it was badly written, the majority of the Indian population would likely have a naughty criminal record.

The Indian Supreme Court wimped out this time in favor of punting this issue to the Parliament, it's a set back, not an end. If Parliament can't find the political will and courage to repeal the law, haul the government back to Court and try again.

Location hidden

#69 Dec 13, 2013
Come to senses wrote:
<quoted text> Curry kids wanna have lotsa mullah. Why stop them dreaming like our uncle scrooge.:)
The reference was to dowry-based disfigurations and murder of the brides.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/rising-...
Pistorius

Delhi, India

#70 Dec 13, 2013
blah blah blah blah
ok, fine. now open that crack you have got. my banana want have fun :)
lol

Walnut, CA

#71 Dec 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The reference was to dowry-based disfigurations and murder of the brides.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/rising-...
Disgusting!
Makes me want to spank the little tulrdians
Tamil Boy

Singapore, Singapore

#72 Dec 13, 2013
Indians will die terrible death. They helped Sri Lankan in the genocide of Tamils. Innocent children, women, men and old people where killed by Tyrants of Sri Lanka. Brutal killings, rapes, kidnapping..... oh lord please don't let Indians die peaceful death. I wish to see them beg death.
Katharine

Manassas, VA

#73 Dec 13, 2013
@Tamil Boy
That was terrible. Whatever happened to Tamils in Sri Lanka.

Location hidden

#74 Dec 13, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text> Disgusting!
Makes me want to spank the little tulrdians
Now THAT wouldn't be civilized.
Dravidian

Chicago, IL

#77 Dec 14, 2013
North Indians are the most backward people in the world. Dravidians are the sole owners of India. These aryan pigs came rolling to Dravidian land and claimed India as their own.
We have you North Indians. We hate you.
DRAVIDIAN

Rome, Italy

#78 Dec 14, 2013
........('
.........\
for all North Indians

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Amid Egypt's anti-gay crackdown, gay dating app... 7 hr Oliver 11
News Playboy names first transgender a Playmatea in ... 11 hr TerriB1 1
News Trump pledges fealty to religious values, a oeM... 14 hr Red Crosse 157
News Kentucky official campaigns against gay marriag... 19 hr Frankie Rizzo 15
News UK tells UN: Don't call mothers 'women' - they'... 22 hr TerriB1 1
News Stopping hate crimes against transgender Americans Sun Lewis 14
News Bowser, Gavin Grimm headline Best of Gay D.C. p... Sat Newt G s Next Rel... 2
More from around the web