Rutherford Schools Asked To Replace LGBT Posters

Full story: WTVF Nashville

The American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee is asking the Rutherford County school board to reconsider a decision to take down posters identifying classrooms as safe spaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 29, 2013
Kaye

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

So... it only took one parent with the lawyers to REMOVE PRAYER, what's next, let's say my daughter decides she will have her CIVIL RIGHTS violated "if" she can't become a well trained and educated stripper while in her DRAMA class, at Central Magnet, or any other PUBLIC school for that matter???? Where does all of this "pure foolishness EVER end?"

Outrageous... as Dr. King said "by the CONTENT of CHARACTOR!!" Please folks, this is NO place of sexual ORINTATION nor is it the ACLU or "TEACHERS" place to allow or expect such evils to be allowed ANYWHERE in the PUBLIC arena, period!! All schools should be a safe space, regardless of this trash!! NOT ROCKET SCIENCE HERE, only liberal minded scam artist, that's it... shame on ANY minister who claims to appease such filth!!! Miley Cyrus is the "perfect" example of liberalism!!
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

First of all, prayer has not been removed. It just cannot be school-sponsored. As long as a student isn't infringing the rights of others by being disruptive, that student can pray all they like.

Stripper training is not a civil right, so you need not worry about that.

"Character" doesn't have an "o" in it.

As far as free speech on other topics, such as sexual orientation, you seem to have no idea where the legal lines are drawn. Religion in the public schools is subject to the Establishment clause. Non-prurient information about sexual orientation is not subject to that standard, so your comparison is meaningless.

The rest of your post just further underscores your ignorance.

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Kaye wrote:
So... it only took one parent with the lawyers to REMOVE PRAYER, what's next, let's say my daughter decides she will have her CIVIL RIGHTS violated "if" she can't become a well trained and educated stripper while in her DRAMA class, at Central Magnet, or any other PUBLIC school for that matter???? Where does all of this "pure foolishness EVER end?"
Prayer is still allowed, it just cannot be endorsed by the school. These posters are here to help out students who are confronted with bigots like yourself. They need to know that there are safe places from such hatred.
Outrageous... as Dr. King said "by the CONTENT of CHARACTOR!!" Please folks, this is NO place of sexual ORINTATION nor is it the ACLU or "TEACHERS" place to allow or expect such evils to be allowed ANYWHERE in the PUBLIC arena, period!! All schools should be a safe space, regardless of this trash!! NOT ROCKET SCIENCE HERE, only liberal minded scam artist, that's it... shame on ANY minister who claims to appease such filth!!! Miley Cyrus is the "perfect" example of liberalism!!
The only thing outrageous here is you quoting Dr. King while opposing equal rights. One thing you don't seem to realize is that he was FOR equal rights for homosexuals as well. His right hand man Bayard Rustin was even openly gay! Shame on YOU for promoting such hate yet claiming to be on the good side. Miley Cyrus is the "perfect" example of liberalism like Catholic priests are the "perfect" example of conservatism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 3 min Soft bottom 1,205
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 12 min renz 251
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 17 min Sam-Lebanese-Top 12,196
jeddah riyadh dammam top and bottom (Jun '11) 48 min hi colours 777 797
soft 1 hr search4btm 1
I am looking for bottom in jubail 3 hr ray202man 9
NY agencies collecting more gender data 3 hr Belle Sexton 10
•••
•••