Train kills 1 Springfield High School...

Train kills 1 Springfield High School student, injures another

There are 2 comments on the Toledo Blade story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Train kills 1 Springfield High School student, injures another. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

One Springfield High School student was killed and another injured by a train Wednesday morning on Norfolk Southern railroad tracks in Holland, school spokesman Kristina White said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

Keena

Holland, OH

#1 Dec 16, 2009
My heart goes out to the families of these kids, I am new to the Holland area and my son attends Springfield High. I know a lot of people are saying the kids should've known better than to cross the tracks when they did, my question is why were they walking in below freezing temps to school in the first place?! Also what is the distance requirement from the school to students' homes in order to be eligable for bus transportation or why can't there be some kind of requirement in place that, when there is a track located this close to a school (where kids are walking to school) that there be a bridge track or viaduct in place to help traffic flow and as a safety measure as well for emergency vehicles to get through in the event of stopped traffic? Let's think, this could have been any one of us' children! Kids make bad choices sometimes, but it is up to us ultimately to keep them safe!!!
baby gurl 4 u

Toledo, OH

#2 Dec 18, 2009
I am a student of sms and this is very tradgic to me i knew cody brown he was very sweet and fun to be around and i was one on the bus behind the train and i saw everything that had gone on and i can't get the accident out of my head .....it shouldn't of happen and ^ ur right they should not have been walking to school in this cold weather i mean come on! i also knew brianna and i was going to go over to her house after school that day but the story of this now i have to go see her at the hospital insted of home where she should be and the memory of cody ( rest in peace ) will always follow im my hearts and many others too as it should !( cody was such a good person that he pushed her out of the way just to save her insted of himmself and btw this is true !)I WILL NOT CRY FOR I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO AND NOW THAT HE IS IN SUCH A NICER PLACE THAN THIS WORLD I HAVE NO WORRIES IN FACT I WILL PRAY AND LIVE FOR HIM !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Train Disaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Having a whale of a time in Hudson Bay Fri Who Gives a Poop 4
News Whale of a time in Hudson Bay "We all live in a... Aug 21 Shoal Lake 40 Rez 1
News Men claim to find Nazi train loaded with treasu... Aug 21 uther pendragon 1
News Turkey faces non-stop violence in east Aug 19 Chucks 5
News Blumenthal, Murphy criticize federal transit bill Aug 4 American Gentlema... 2
News Runaway rail car kicked loose by teen hits New ... Aug 4 DILF 18
News Holiday Britons face rain, Spanish air strike a... Jul '15 Kate 1
More from around the web