Belmont Residents Share Concerns with Cville Council

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

People who live in the Belmont neighborhood are voicing some major concerns to city councilors Thursday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Mr Liberty

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Why shouldn't the rich Belmont whities pay their fair share? Why they be hating on public housing? What are they, racists?
Jim2051 Charlottesville

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

What the H of someone from ND know about Va, Charlottesville, let alone Belmont!
Amarone

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

I lived across the street from Friendship Court for three years and never had a single problem with any of the residents there. I don't know why people are so afraid of public housing. It comes off as pure snobbery.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Jim2051 Charlottesville wrote:
What the H of someone from ND know about Va, Charlottesville, let alone Belmont!
Just happens to be where the server is routed from, you need to become more aware before drawing erroneous conclusions, on a lot of things.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Amarone wrote:
I lived across the street from Friendship Court for three years and never had a single problem with any of the residents there. I don't know why people are so afraid of public housing. It comes off as pure snobbery.
People are afraid of public housing because the residents there are more likely to commit a violent or property crime than a middle class family living in a single family home. Let me ask you this: While living there, did you lock your car? Did you lock your house when you left? You can say it's because you have to anywhere in the city but you can't tell me if anything was stolen, your first thought wouldn't have been someone living in Garret Square. It's common reason.
Whatever

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Eaglescout1984 wrote:
<quoted text>
People are afraid of public housing because the residents there are more likely to commit a violent or property crime than a middle class family living in a single family home. Let me ask you this: While living there, did you lock your car? Did you lock your house when you left? You can say it's because you have to anywhere in the city but you can't tell me if anything was stolen, your first thought wouldn't have been someone living in Garret Square. It's common reason.
LOL. Let me ask you this: Do you have any statistical evidence whatsoever to back up the claims made in your first sentence? No? Of course you don't. It's bigotry pure and simple, and it comes straight from Uranus.
chili squirts

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Let me ask you this: Do you have any statistical evidence whatsoever to back up the claims made in your first sentence? No? Of course you don't. It's bigotry pure and simple, and it comes straight from Uranus.
housing projects are just as safe as any other neighborhood, huh? it's only bigotry if it's not true.
Jim2051 Charlottesville

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Just happens to be where the server is routed from, you need to become more aware before drawing erroneous conclusions, on a lot of things.
SCUSE ME! I am not a geek who spends 23 hours in front of a screen. Maybe you are the one that knows so much about cyber space that is trying to steal my accounts and my identity. If he was true to this sign with a city name like most people do!
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Belmont residents can kiss my arse. Move if you don't like it there. Others pay pay lots of taxes Belmontians don't have to pay. Shaddap already !
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Jim2051 Charlottesville wrote:
Proxy servers my friend .... used by those that are chickenchit to display where they are really from. Or those on a business computer, wasting their employees money.
Jim2051 Charlottesville

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Gnu wrote:
<quoted text>
Proxy servers my friend .... used by those that are chickenchit to display where they are really from. Or those on a business computer, wasting their employees money.
Thank You! I agree Gnu with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••