First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Since: Sep 11

Brainerd, MN

#1 Jun 6, 2015
Wayward Pines....

What the heck IS it, man!?!? Were they sucked into a vortex, or what?

“Elect A Clown”

Since: Oct 10

Expect A Circus

#2 Jun 6, 2015
I watch Naked and Afraid, i'm not naked and afraid that's what I watch.
Evening DK.

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#3 Jun 6, 2015
texas pete wrote:
I watch Naked and Afraid, i'm not naked and afraid that's what I watch.
Evening DK.
Hey Pete! What is Naked and Afraid about? Is it a thriller? or...:)

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#4 Jun 6, 2015
Death Kitten wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pete! What is Naked and Afraid about? Is it a thriller? or...:)
You and I in a remote place with no clothes on and we would strave. lol
It is a survival show, 21 days naked and afraid.

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#5 Jun 6, 2015
texas pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I in a remote place with no clothes on and we would strave. lol
It is a survival show, 21 days naked and afraid.
I am going to look that up. Sounds interesting :)

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#6 Jun 6, 2015
Starve , no spell checkers yet.

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#7 Jun 6, 2015
texas pete wrote:
Starve , no spell checkers yet.
I understand typonese very well!:)

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#8 Jun 9, 2015
Pretty Little Liars

Who is A?!?!?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 10, 2015
I don't watch much but I'm open to the suggestions posted here. Drinkie got me hooked on "The Walking Dead" & "The Following" but "The Following has been cancelled & "The Walking Dead" is between seasons.

I was flipping thru the channels recently and stopped on the Bachelorette. Okay, I have to admit, I've always thought both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette were bizarre but humorous in that they get sooooo serious. However, I was absoutely astounded at the twist they've put on The Bachelorette this season. Keep in mind, I've only watched it the one time but I may have to go back and pick it up On Demand. You see.....there are all these men competing for the love of one woman. Hark, completely unbeknownst to the unfortunate bachelorette, 2 of the men have actually fallen in love with each other. They are trying to make sure they stay in the good and worthy graces of the unsuspecting bachelorette so that they can remain on the show enabling them to continue their little tryst. I was stunned to say the least. I have no idea what, if anything, has happened since that episode.

Well, that's all I have for now. Stay tuned.......

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#10 Jun 10, 2015
Life After People I watch over and over, so interesting.
Hello DK and Icno.

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#11 Jun 10, 2015
Icnoptnthis wrote:
I don't watch much but I'm open to the suggestions posted here. Drinkie got me hooked on "The Walking Dead" & "The Following" but "The Following has been cancelled & "The Walking Dead" is between seasons.
I was flipping thru the channels recently and stopped on the Bachelorette. Okay, I have to admit, I've always thought both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette were bizarre but humorous in that they get sooooo serious. However, I was absoutely astounded at the twist they've put on The Bachelorette this season. Keep in mind, I've only watched it the one time but I may have to go back and pick it up On Demand. You see.....there are all these men competing for the love of one woman. Hark, completely unbeknownst to the unfortunate bachelorette, 2 of the men have actually fallen in love with each other. They are trying to make sure they stay in the good and worthy graces of the unsuspecting bachelorette so that they can remain on the show enabling them to continue their little tryst. I was stunned to say the least. I have no idea what, if anything, has happened since that episode.
Well, that's all I have for now. Stay tuned.......
That sounds entertaining... is there hair pulling and foul language> :)

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#12 Jun 10, 2015
texas pete wrote:
Life After People I watch over and over, so interesting.
Hello DK and Icno.
Hey Pete! How YOU doin'?

Location hidden

#13 Jun 10, 2015
Death Kitten wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds entertaining... is there hair pulling and foul language> :)
Oh, there's all sorts of things. It's funny though, it took me a while to figure out those 2 guys were actually into each other. I'm kinda slow like that. It wasn't until almost the end and they literally had to spell it out, that I caught on.

Oops.... I probably should have worded that a bit differently. Oh well, I'm not gonna change it now and they probably were into each other in more ways than one.

As soon a I watch it On Demand, I'll let you know how that turned out. Can you imagine? What if she actually falls for one of them? Hahahahaha

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#14 Jun 10, 2015
Icnoptnthis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, there's all sorts of things. It's funny though, it took me a while to figure out those 2 guys were actually into each other. I'm kinda slow like that. It wasn't until almost the end and they literally had to spell it out, that I caught on.
Oops.... I probably should have worded that a bit differently. Oh well, I'm not gonna change it now and they probably were into each other in more ways than one.
As soon a I watch it On Demand, I'll let you know how that turned out. Can you imagine? What if she actually falls for one of them? Hahahahaha
LMAO! Okay, that is funny :)

Location hidden

#15 Jun 10, 2015
Oh and I watch Dance Moms faithfully. I started watching because I'm such a fan of dance. I love ballet but I enjoy watching all forms of expression. In the beginning, I thought I just couldn't handle it because that Abby is wretched. She hasn't gotten any better and if anything, she's gotten worse. I despise all the bickering between the Moms and Abby. But, I've watched these girls growing up. I'm interested to see how the rest of their lives turn out.

It's funny because after the first couple of seasons, I just couldn't get into Dancing with the Stars even though I love dance. At one time I also watched "So You Think You Can Dance" and I loved it but I never watch it anymore.

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#16 Jun 10, 2015
Icnoptnthis wrote:
Oh and I watch Dance Moms faithfully. I started watching because I'm such a fan of dance. I love ballet but I enjoy watching all forms of expression. In the beginning, I thought I just couldn't handle it because that Abby is wretched. She hasn't gotten any better and if anything, she's gotten worse. I despise all the bickering between the Moms and Abby. But, I've watched these girls growing up. I'm interested to see how the rest of their lives turn out.
It's funny because after the first couple of seasons, I just couldn't get into Dancing with the Stars even though I love dance. At one time I also watched "So You Think You Can Dance" and I loved it but I never watch it anymore.
You should get Hulu Plus and watch Vikings!!!

It is a History Channel original drama. It is freaking phenomenal!

You can watch from the beginning...:)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17 Jun 11, 2015
Vikings is good. Loosely historical too.

There is a lot of fiction in it of course, but Rollo (Ragnar's brother) actually lead settlers to colonize France. They would eventually become known as the Normans (Northmen) and conquer all of England.

My paternal line traces it's origins to the Normans. So, those are my distant ancestors.

“Dooshbag Agitator”

Brainerd, MN

#18 Jun 11, 2015
Sublime1 wrote:
Vikings is good. Loosely historical too.
There is a lot of fiction in it of course, but Rollo (Ragnar's brother) actually lead settlers to colonize France. They would eventually become known as the Normans (Northmen) and conquer all of England.
My paternal line traces it's origins to the Normans. So, those are my distant ancestors.
Isn't Ragnar thought to be a myth? If I recall, there really isn't any written record of the man even existing, though, as you said Rollo Lothbrok, and Ragnars sons did make the history books, but only because they settled "west" where records were kept in writing, and not in rune form which was how the early Vikings recorded their stories.

I agree the series is loose with their historical events....:) But I love it!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19 Jun 11, 2015
Death Kitten wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Ragnar thought to be a myth? If I recall, there really isn't any written record of the man even existing, though, as you said Rollo Lothbrok, and Ragnars sons did make the history books, but only because they settled "west" where records were kept in writing, and not in rune form which was how the early Vikings recorded their stories.
I agree the series is loose with their historical events....:) But I love it!
I think they sort of have to be loose, because, as you say there isn't much to go on ... there are so many historical gaps ... and they need to make it entertaining. I am okay with that.

It does sort of show a lot of the big picture dynamics ... shortage of land you could farm in Scandinavia, and thus tribal chieftains wanting to settle new land. Raiding being a normal, essential part of life (back then your survival often times depended on going on a boat to some other village and pillaging it ... you were doing yourself and your tribe well by doing so ... those were the prominent folks in society).

I think it's hard for people today to imagine a time when that was normal and indeed good for society, at the tribal level.

Yes, I have heard the may not be a real person, but as you say, his sons and brother are real historical figures. This makes me think he likely was, even if there is no written evidence. There isn't even a lot of Western written records from that time, to be honest.

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#20 Jun 11, 2015
Death Kitten wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pete! How YOU doin'?
I have tried that line a hundred times and everyone is like what,
caps on the YOU is how to do it eh.
Doin fine.

I'm taking it that's Joey's line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wasting Time, But Not Really! Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I like to dip my fingers in it, then smear it a... (Jun '15) Apr '18 texas pete 25
Hot dang! What video game are you playing? (Jun '15) Sep '16 -Coffee Mate-- 29
Hey! Give me that recipe! (Jun '15) Jul '15 Tony17 38