Talk about anything here
First Prev
of 425
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 26, 2015
Thought I would put up a thread to use to keep going off topic in others.

Hey Pete, I remember back in 2004 when the Yankees choked on a 3-0 lead against the Red Sox in ACLS and still the only time that happened.

Before it happened it was asked who the first team to choke a 3-0 series lead in baseball would be Yankees were expected to be the first to do so because they were in position to make playoffs almost all the time vs others, the Braves were second because they made the playoffs a lot at the time that occured.

A very successful franchise is expected to choke than a team that reaches every once in awhile or very few times

I read that and thought the reasoning was interesting.
The Lakers were picked in the NBA to be first to blow 3-0 because of their playoff frequency at a high level.. 3-0 to 3-3 has happened but 3-0. team won the 4th..

Location hidden

#2 Jun 26, 2015
Weepy wrote:
Thought I would put up a thread to use to keep going off topic in others.
Hey Pete, I remember back in 2004 when the Yankees choked on a 3-0 lead against the Red Sox in ACLS and still the only time that happened.
Before it happened it was asked who the first team to choke a 3-0 series lead in baseball would be Yankees were expected to be the first to do so because they were in position to make playoffs almost all the time vs others, the Braves were second because they made the playoffs a lot at the time that occured.
A very successful franchise is expected to choke than a team that reaches every once in awhile or very few times
I read that and thought the reasoning was interesting.
The Lakers were picked in the NBA to be first to blow 3-0 because of their playoff frequency at a high level.. 3-0 to 3-3 has happened but 3-0. team won the 4th..
ALCS, whoop..

Location hidden

#3 Jun 26, 2015
The New England Patriots were the first to choke a 16-0 season without being the champions and they were successful and ranked among the great franchises at thst time. I was hoping Dallas would be first to do that, lol.

Did you know the Redskins were a 1 point favorite against Miami on SB VII at kickoff when they went undefeated? Miami had a notoriously weak schedule that year, beat only two teams with a winning record and none made the playoffs that year...

“Elect A Clown”

Since: Oct 10

Expect A Circus

#4 Jun 26, 2015
Weepy wrote:
The New England Patriots were the first to choke a 16-0 season without being the champions and they were successful and ranked among the great franchises at thst time. I was hoping Dallas would be first to do that, lol.
Did you know the Redskins were a 1 point favorite against Miami on SB VII at kickoff when they went undefeated? Miami had a notoriously weak schedule that year, beat only two teams with a winning record and none made the playoffs that year...
Good thread Weepy and yes I remember the Yanks blowing that lead, I think the red socks beat the cards for their first world series win in many years. I may have my years mixed up.

Location hidden

#5 Jun 26, 2015
texas pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thread Weepy and yes I remember the Yanks blowing that lead, I think the red socks beat the cards for their first world series win in many years. I may have my years mixed up.
That was what happened, before that I believe both franchises been to several WS that went seven games, Red Sox loss in 1986 was a severe heartbreak for them..

Location hidden

#6 Jun 26, 2015
Pete, I always been a fan of Spy vs Spy, got MAD magazine every time a new one came out when I was young, those were hilarious strips.

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#7 Jun 26, 2015
Weepy wrote:
Pete, I always been a fan of Spy vs Spy, got MAD magazine every time a new one came out when I was young, those were hilarious strips.
I did too Weepy, what me worry.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 26, 2015
And to add insult to injury to New England's 16-0 season, they lost the SB to a wildcard team, 5th best team in the NFC that year...

Location hidden

#9 Jun 26, 2015
texas pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I did too Weepy, what me worry.
I liked Alf pretty well..

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#10 Jun 26, 2015
Hello Weepy !

I don't think RGIII, will ever earn his money.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 26, 2015
If recent history is an indicator, SB L will be NYG vs NE, 4 year reunion, and they play in the regular season like the last two.

Every time the Giants coach's job is on the line they win the SB..

Location hidden

#12 Jun 26, 2015
75 Scorpio wrote:
Hello Weepy !
Probably you are right..

Hey Scorpio...

Location hidden

#13 Jun 26, 2015
75 Scorpio wrote:
Hello Weepy !
Snyder is not a great owner..

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#14 Jun 27, 2015
Weepy my granddaughters husband is an asst. coach at a small college and they are trying to ge a game with WVU. They played Western Ky. last year.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 27, 2015
texas pete wrote:
Weepy my granddaughters husband is an asst. coach at a small college and they are trying to ge a game with WVU. They played Western Ky. last year.
FB or BB?

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#16 Jun 27, 2015
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
FB or BB?
Basketball.
http://www.alc.edu/athletics/mens-basketball/

Location hidden

#17 Jun 27, 2015
texas pete wrote:
Ah ok. Games like that are scheduled in order to advance the obsure school into the national scope, many moves on to D1 in later years as it gets bigger..

I wish them luck in their future endeavors...

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#18 Jun 27, 2015
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
Snyder is not a great owner..
The Redskins are my favorite pro team, but since he took over... they have been terrible!!!!!

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#19 Jun 28, 2015
Jay Gruden shouldn't have taken that job, bad move on his part.

“Elect A Clown”

Expect A Circus

#20 Jul 2, 2015
Can't wait for football to start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 425
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Pete's Place Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**Princess Hey Hits 80,000 Posts** (Sep '15) 48 min quilterqueen 886
5 O'Clock Somewhere (Jun '15) 2 hr texas pete 848
Feelin' The Blues (Jun '15) 2 hr texas pete 1,246
sharlene's rock&roll music thread!! (Jun '15) 2 hr texas pete 1,263
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Jun '15) 3 hr Princess Hey 11,042
😍Last Word First 😍 (Jan '17) 3 hr Princess Hey 6,068
**TP's Alphabet Twist** (Aug '16) 3 hr Princess Hey 4,628