An Undisclosed Location

#82 Oct 13, 2012
Pose for the camera!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#83 Oct 13, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Being revoked never stopped him before. Race has really been campaigning hard for you - think she'll do a whistle stop tour to promote your candidacy?
Yes, yes she will~~
Our bus will look like something out of a Ken Kesey trip...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#84 Oct 13, 2012
And our bus will smell like Willie's bus...

“You may call me pat”

Level 3

Since: Jun 12

Nairobi, Kenya

#85 Oct 13, 2012
Good evening.

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#86 Oct 13, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes she will~~
Our bus will look like something out of a Ken Kesey trip...
You Merry Prankster you.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#87 Oct 13, 2012

Get On The Magic Bus (The Who)

Even with all the turmoil in country during this time~~
The biggest being VietNam, it was still a fun time.

“Merry Christmas”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#88 Oct 13, 2012
rubygoober wrote:

I think it should be called "Smokin' dope again", but that's just my opinion. Hello--you're in your 70's, you're still smoking dope (and probably the good stuff--Acapulco Gold, Panama Red) and are infamous for being pulled over and having your bus searched. LOL--I love Willie and his free spirit.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#89 Oct 13, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Gdlyi5mckg0XX
I think it should be called "Smokin' dope again", but that's just my opinion. Hello--you're in your 70's, you're still smoking dope (and probably the good stuff--Acapulco Gold, Panama Red) and are infamous for being pulled over and having your bus searched. LOL--I love Willie and his free spirit.
Willie is an icon in the music business.
He certainly earned it, what a great song writer he is, too.
He's played with some legends not just in country but blues,
rock, etc.
I love to hear him perform with Santana...

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#90 Oct 13, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
Please get me off this short bus and take me with you.

I'm giving you my votes and making posters...

Vote for RUBY!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#91 Oct 13, 2012
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Please get me off this short bus and take me with you.
I'm giving you my votes and making posters...
Vote for RUBY!
How in the world did you end up on the short bus?
It's a given YOU are getting on the Magic Bus.
Might even ask you to drive it...

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#92 Oct 13, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bl9bvuAV-AoXX
Get On The Magic Bus (The Who)
Even with all the turmoil in country during this time~~
The biggest being VietNam, it was still a fun time.
My parents were of the hippie generation and still practice some of the 'culture.' To help me understand the lifestyle my mother told me to read The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe. I'm not sure it helped a lot but here's one of my favorite quotes from the book:

"This is control tower, this is control tower, clear Runway One, the cougar microbes approach, bleeding antique lint from every pore and begging for high octane, beware, be aware, all ye who sleep in baracks on the main strip, the lumps in your mattress are carnivore spores, venereal butterflies sent by the Combine to mothproof your brain, a pro-kit in every light socket--Plug up the light sockets! The cougar microbes are marching in like army ants..."

Furthur... That must have been one hell of a bus trip.

“Merry Christmas”

Hookerville, GA

#93 Oct 13, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents were of the hippie generation and still practice some of the 'culture.' To help me understand the lifestyle my mother told me to read The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe. I'm not sure it helped a lot but here's one of my favorite quotes from the book:
"This is control tower, this is control tower, clear Runway One, the cougar microbes approach, bleeding antique lint from every pore and begging for high octane, beware, be aware, all ye who sleep in baracks on the main strip, the lumps in your mattress are carnivore spores, venereal butterflies sent by the Combine to mothproof your brain, a pro-kit in every light socket--Plug up the light sockets! The cougar microbes are marching in like army ants..."
Frank Zappa "This is the central scrutinizer. The white zone is for loading and unloading."

“AKA Glinda”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#94 Oct 13, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a movie candy~~
Would you like some Gooberettes?
Lol Yes!! I'm a 70s girl, I like movie candy.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#96 Oct 13, 2012
Good evening all you little wacky funsters! Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing Saturday.

Looks like I missed the bus..short or long. Story of my life.

Cov..crank up the batmobile, swing by and pick me up, please!

Ruby..no more Smarty Marty, now that's a breath of fresh air. Did he drop the lawsuit from the the patrons who got splinters in their keesters, from the "bamboo" chairs I made?

Guess who this crowd is voting for......

Location hidden

#97 Oct 13, 2012
Reading back here and the music many like..this is an excellent, touching movie..good story line, great music. Anyone who is an Amazon Prime member has access to free movies, this is one of them. Music by Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, the Beatles, Stones, etc.

The Music Never Stopped

Movie trailer is on youtube...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#98 Oct 13, 2012
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Reading back here and the music many like..this is an excellent, touching movie..good story line, great music. Anyone who is an Amazon Prime member has access to free movies, this is one of them. Music by Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, the Beatles, Stones, etc.
The Music Never Stopped
Movie trailer is on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QOKP4I5Y2zYXX
Hey Race~~
Good to see you this early, we never seem to be on the same time schedule.
WOW, that's our kind of movie, we will difinitely see this.
Thanks for posting it...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#99 Oct 13, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved the bright colors used during the hippie years.
Did you like growing up with hippie parents? Or did you
think nothing of it?

Location hidden

#100 Oct 13, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Race~~
Good to see you this early, we never seem to be on the same time schedule.
WOW, that's our kind of movie, we will difinitely see this.
Thanks for posting it...
Hey Ruby..good to see you too. Yep, I'm still a night owl and it takes a whole pot of java for me to get my eyes open in the morning, let alone my one thought for the day together. Hope you, your hubs and furbaby have been well.

Cov told me about this forum a couple days ago and even though I don't know many here, it seems like a great group of fun people.

Looks like Emma is the big winner so far, guess I better get out and work on getting some swing votes for you.

“Merry Christmas”

Hookerville, GA

#101 Oct 13, 2012
RaceCityUsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby..good to see you too. Yep, I'm still a night owl and it takes a whole pot of java for me to get my eyes open in the morning, let alone my one thought for the day together. Hope you, your hubs and furbaby have been well.
Cov told me about this forum a couple days ago and even though I don't know many here, it seems like a great group of fun people.
Looks like Emma is the big winner so far, guess I better get out and work on getting some swing votes for you.
Yep, we definitely get out the Vote for Ruby banners, lawn signs, and anything else we can think of. This is a nice thread, and you should join us on Acolytes of Junket. Another nice thread with very little strife.

Location hidden

#102 Oct 13, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, we definitely get out the Vote for Ruby banners, lawn signs, and anything else we can think of. This is a nice thread, and you should join us on Acolytes of Junket. Another nice thread with very little strife.
Thanks Cov..just haven't had the time to post anywhere lately. RL got in my way. I haven't seen anywhere Emma posts, she certainly is popular and I bet has a wonderful sense of humor. She's winning by a landslide.

All the ladies & gentlemen who will be carrying signs, begging, pleading for votes, for Ruby"GOOBER", please let me know your mailing adress so I can send you one of the below. I mean this speaks volumes of who we're voting for. Wear it to the grocery store, bar, mall, church..definitely an attention getter. Don't forget to carry your signs with you.

http://www.stupid.com/peanut-costume.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association game (Sep '12) 7 hr Female 39 761
no empathy for black people. why?!! 10 hr whatever 4
Black Cops Should Start Arresting White People... 11 hr justsayin 4
play last word! (Aug '12) 16 hr Female 39 170
Do you know Asaad Khattab? (Feb '14) 17 hr ashley 10
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' 18 hr one who pays atte... 185
Seth Rogen & James Franco - Typical Jewish Prov... 21 hr -Lea- 3
More from around the web