Topix Blog: New Politix Editor-in-Chief

Topix Blog: New Politix Editor-in-Chief

There are 15 comments on the blog.topix.com story from Jul 16, 2012, titled Topix Blog: New Politix Editor-in-Chief. In it, blog.topix.com reports that:

We've just hired David Mark from Politico to be our Editor-in-Chief of Politix ! David was running The Arena section at Politico, and now he'll be leading our editorial team, helping write and edit, as well as reaching out to contributors and thought leaders to build out the community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.topix.com.

Cindy Long

Thunder Bay, Canada

#3 Jan 13, 2013
"Our vision is to create a new community around participation with the issues we face as Americans."

That sounds like a pretty noble vision. However, here in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada, the vision has become this:

http://www.topix.com/forum/ca/thunder-bay-on/...

People posting each others' home addresses and e-mail accounts for purposes of shaming and threatening, personal threats, extreme verbal abuse and racist attacks ... what's the real purpose of all this? Making money, I suppose, from the advertising, but really. From what I can see, all this has done is allow anonymous (until someone outs you) nastiness.
Politix is a joke

Radcliff, KY

#4 Jan 17, 2013
I'm sure you won't answer or read this, but your Politix site is a complete joke. Knowing that all your San Fransico based Mods would be just as liberal biased as on topix, against my better judgement decided to give it a shot and I created an account. Your liberal biased mods did not disappoint, as I my account was swiftly suspended under false pretenses.
Politix is a joke

Radcliff, KY

#5 Jan 17, 2013
In no way did I violate TOS other than shooting down the flagrant lies from the leftist posters. I used no foul language in any way, did not make personal ad hominem attacks, made no racist statements, and was given no warnings. The only explanation that I received in regards to my unwarranted suspension was that my comments were being "too confrontational" when left-leaning posters were refering to the right, republicans and conservatives as "Nazis, KKK memebers, bigots, racists, hate mongers" etc, all comments and accounts which have been allowed to stand while my account was unilaterally suspended under the false pretense that I was "too confrontational". Your whole Politix site is a joke and so are your biased mods.
Politix is a joke

Radcliff, KY

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Let me give a perfect example -

"PNWest

Why give this Nazi gasbag any attention at all? He's nothing but a racist hatemonger and anyone who listens to him is too. I'm tired of hearing "you don't listen to him so you don't understand Rush", or "Rush is an entertainer". Anyone who makes his living peddling hate like Limbaugh does is the lowest form of life. If the moderators see fit to remove this post so be it. Rush and his audience are scum. "

http://politix.topix.com/stmt/8N4NFB0K9GB17A6...
Politix is a joke

Radcliff, KY

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Politix is a joke wrote:
Let me give a perfect example -
"PNWest
Why give this Nazi gasbag any attention at all? He's nothing but a racist hatemonger and anyone who listens to him is too. I'm tired of hearing "you don't listen to him so you don't understand Rush", or "Rush is an entertainer". Anyone who makes his living peddling hate like Limbaugh does is the lowest form of life. If the moderators see fit to remove this post so be it. Rush and his audience are scum. "
http://politix.topix.com/stmt/8N4NFB0K9GB17A6...
This comment and account is allowed to stand while mine is suspended? Tell me Chris, how is this comment not "too confrontational" or offensive enough to be suspended? How is it any less than the one my account was suppended for? Your bias is bleeding through.
Politix is a joke

Radcliff, KY

#8 Jan 17, 2013
"We need your help to make Politix interesting! Your voice matters. "

Apparently the only voices your biased mods want to hear are those that push the liberal narrative.
Politix is a joke

Radcliff, KY

#10 Jan 17, 2013
Again, here's another example -

"PNWest

Isn't it great to live in a world where little boy from Kenya could grow up to piss off so many angry old white guys?"

http://politix.topix.com/stmt/BDDRDK9K4RP16T5...

This comment that not only contains foul language but also racial connotations is allowed to stand along with this posters account, while those from the right that contain none of the above are deleted and suspended. Do you people have no standards at all, ecpet for double standards?
Cindy Long

Thunder Bay, Canada

#11 Jan 17, 2013
I was more concerned about the fact that there seems to be no moderation of any kind on the site I visited, but it sounds from these postings that there might be issues of biased moderators on other sites.
Politix is a joke

Radcliff, KY

#13 Jan 19, 2013
Are you and Dave sleeping on the job, Chris?
Steph Chao

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Feb 5, 2013
I'm not sure why there are so many people in the comments complaining about how this site is too left wing. If you're part of the republican party then please leave and read elsewhere. What's the point of coming in here and complaining. No one is forcing you people to read this news site.

Why dont you republican tards go here instead https://twitter.com/jtfoxx

Since: Apr 07

San Francisco

#19 Feb 5, 2013
there are no moderators, actually.

it's all about aggregate "hits" and not about dialogue here. This site is strictly to generate ad revenue, period.

Chris Tolles (the propriotor) has said himself.

On TWITTER. Pre tell, why is he there spouting off every day and not on his OWN site?
Cindy Long

Thunder Bay, Canada

#21 Feb 6, 2013
Kathy SF California wrote:
it's all about aggregate "hits" and not about dialogue here. This site is strictly to generate ad revenue, period.
On TWITTER. Pre tell, why is he there spouting off every day and not on his OWN site?
Thanks for clearing that up, Kathy. I suspected as much, but it didn't cost me much time or effort to check it out.
Doomed

Ashburn, VA

#22 Feb 6, 2013
Topix is doomed.
Forum watcher

Fort Knox, KY

#26 Feb 9, 2013
Kathy SF California wrote:
Not true at all, I have correspondences with the mods to prove it. Try researching your theories from now on before presenting them as facts.

Since: Apr 07

San Francisco

#29 Nov 21, 2013
Forum watcher wrote:
<quoted text>Not true at all, I have correspondences with the mods to prove it. Try researching your theories from now on before presenting them as facts.
I have also but they are not what you think. The moderators you refer are contracted outsourcing firms mainly from offshore facilities gathering data, searching and sending spam to your e-mails.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 2 hr Mallymkun the Dor... 5,321
Welcome to the basement (Feb '12) 4 hr _Susan_ 542
Word association game (Sep '12) 5 hr unreals_dad 1,984
K..ik pic vid swap 5 hr Snowguy9797 21
sexy nudes :) college student 8 hr Seduciary 2
Nudes for Snapcash 10 hr lunatwil 3
Bring Ginny Back! (Sep '13) 13 hr Izzy-_- 212
More from around the web