hello from Top Mod 5 :)

hello from Top Mod 5 :)

Posted in the Topix Forum

First Prev
of 652
Next Last
Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#1 Jun 18, 2010
Hi folks,

Just wanted to drop you Topix Forum chatters a line to say hello! I'll be visiting you guys in here and chatting you up :)

Happy to hear from you,
Top Mod 5

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#2 Jun 18, 2010
Top Mod 5 wrote:
Hi folks,
Just wanted to drop you Topix Forum chatters a line to say hello! I'll be visiting you guys in here and chatting you up :)
Happy to hear from you,
Top Mod 5
Greetings!

It's a shame there's so much craziness here right now, mostly having to do with Topix bashing. This too shall pass!

Calling anyone who disagrees with you a "troll" is becoming quite tiresome, and yes, I know that sounds like something Dr. Evil would say...

I think you're doing a great job here! If people don't like it, why don't they just leave? I guess they'd rather stay and whine about how awful people are to them...

Would you consider adding a "whiner" button to the judge-its?(One that points out a persecution complex would probably be asking for too much, right????:)

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 18, 2010
Welcome back, Top Mod 5. How are you doing? I'll be back later to read your comments. have a good day.

_Ginny_
Level 3

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 18, 2010
Top Mod 5 wrote:
Hi folks,
Just wanted to drop you Topix Forum chatters a line to say hello! I'll be visiting you guys in here and chatting you up :)
Happy to hear from you,
Top Mod 5
Gosh how nice of you to drop in Top Mod for a little chat and to say "hello". How nice you feel so at home here with all the trolls. How about cleaning the place up? is that too much to ask?

or are you content with having bully trolls who claim they represent your company and carry your advertiser's ads on their comments, while they stick their fangs into Topix commentators?

“Who knew it would be this”

Level 1

Since: May 10

boring without The Avenger!

#6 Jun 18, 2010
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
How about cleaning your OWN house before continuing on this Topix crusade?
That's too much to ask without Mrs. Nash's help.

Watch Clean House on Style Network... check local listings for day and time!

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#7 Jun 18, 2010
I'm back. Where's Top Mod 5? I guess Top Mod 5 went home for the day. I will go read other Forum threads.
Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#8 Jun 18, 2010
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings!
It's a shame there's so much craziness here right now, mostly having to do with Topix bashing. This too shall pass!
Calling anyone who disagrees with you a "troll" is becoming quite tiresome, and yes, I know that sounds like something Dr. Evil would say...
I think you're doing a great job here! If people don't like it, why don't they just leave? I guess they'd rather stay and whine about how awful people are to them...
Would you consider adding a "whiner" button to the judge-its?(One that points out a persecution complex would probably be asking for too much, right????:)
Ha! a Whiner button...I love it! We're actually contemplating just changing the judge-its to the more ambiguous but consolidated Thumbs-up/Thumbs down.

What would you think of that?
Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#9 Jun 18, 2010
Ginny Hoge wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh how nice of you to drop in Top Mod for a little chat and to say "hello". How nice you feel so at home here with all the trolls. How about cleaning the place up? is that too much to ask?
or are you content with having bully trolls who claim they represent your company and carry your advertiser's ads on their comments, while they stick their fangs into Topix commentators?
Cleaning the place up...can you send us some Feedback and let us know which posts you think need to go?

Also, what do you mean carry our advertiser's ads on their comments - I think you might be talking about our in-line Kontera ads, which go into any/every posters comments from time to time...

-tm5
Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#10 Jun 18, 2010
Hey Its Emma wrote:
I'm back. Where's Top Mod 5? I guess Top Mod 5 went home for the day. I will go read other Forum threads.
Howdy Emma. I had to go attend to some things in the middle of the day and now I'm back. I work weird hours...such is the life of a Community Manager :-P

How goes it?

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#11 Jun 18, 2010
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! a Whiner button...I love it! We're actually contemplating just changing the judge-its to the more ambiguous but consolidated Thumbs-up/Thumbs down.
What would you think of that?
Well...it SEEMS innocent enough, but didn't they use that signal in ancient Rome, back when Russell Crowe was fighting for the pleasure of Joaquin Phoenix?(And who wouldn't?)

In all seriousness, I think the judge-its are kind of unnecessary at this stage. Simplifying them or even getting rid of them would be a very good thing!

“Who knew it would be this”

Level 1

Since: May 10

boring without The Avenger!

#12 Jun 18, 2010
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! a Whiner button...I love it! We're actually contemplating just changing the judge-its to the more ambiguous but consolidated Thumbs-up/Thumbs down.
What would you think of that?
No one really pays attention to the "judge-it", because everyone always gives the same ones to people they agree or disagree with. It isn't a real judge of the post it is more of an e-middle finger or e-high five.
uh-nonamuss

Springdale, AR

#13 Jun 18, 2010
require registration so RBJ will come back !!

):-[D>

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TVIKCEH...
progressive

Lamoni, IA

#14 Jun 18, 2010
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! a Whiner button...I love it! We're actually contemplating just changing the judge-its to the more ambiguous but consolidated Thumbs-up/Thumbs down.
What would you think of that?
It is totally irrelevant to the complaints about topix, and would probably cost money for the changeover, that could be better spent - like on refunding the $20 to anyone who pays to have a comment removed, that was posted by a topix employee. and no cheating by letting such comments stay on when they are objectionable. just clean it up a reasonable amount please. no obscne insults, for one thing.
progressive

Lamoni, IA

#15 Jun 18, 2010
uh-nonamuss wrote:
require registration so RBJ will come back !!
):-[D>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TVIKCEH...
how much personal information does topix get from registration, and how much access to ways to violate someone's privacy? if any emplyee could gain access, one could not trust this.
Evan

Cleveland, TN

#16 Jun 18, 2010
hey Top Mod 5 do you have the feedback .

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#17 Jun 19, 2010
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy Emma. I had to go attend to some things in the middle of the day and now I'm back. I work weird hours...such is the life of a Community Manager :-P
How goes it?
Hi Top Mod 5. I'm doing good. I will read your comments today!

_Ginny_
Level 3

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#18 Jun 19, 2010
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleaning the place up...can you send us some Feedback and let us know which posts you think need to go?
Also, what do you mean carry our advertiser's ads on their comments - I think you might be talking about our in-line Kontera ads, which go into any/every posters comments from time to time...
-tm5
Trolling is Big Business on Topix.com

http://open.salon.com/blog/virginia888/2010/0...

Topix is plastering ads to the comments of trolls.

http://open.salon.com/blog/virginia888/2010/0...
Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#20 Jun 19, 2010
uh-nonamuss wrote:
require registration so RBJ will come back !!
):-[D>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TVIKCEH...
Oh RBJ is missed I'm sure :-( However, he should know that this is just not realistic - it will probably never happen. It's important to have a place for unregistered users - he should just concede and come back under his RBJ profile!

-tm5
Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#21 Jun 19, 2010
progressive wrote:
<quoted text> how much personal information does topix get from registration, and how much access to ways to violate someone's privacy? if any emplyee could gain access, one could not trust this.
We have the same amount of information about unregistered and registered users - there's no difference on our end in that regard!

-tm5
Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#22 Jun 19, 2010
Evan wrote:
hey Top Mod 5 do you have the feedback .
Evan-

We have several different moderators I am not always going to know who got which feedback, as it will not always be me.

The best way to inquire about Feedback requests would be through the actual feedback system, posting in the forums is not a good place to keep tabs on your feedback requests.

Thanks!
-tm5

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 652
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are white people being erased from the earth? (Nov '13) 1 hr Nikki 36
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 4 hr Ricky F 19,302
Top Ten Sexiest Women Of All Time ! (Mar '13) 5 hr Seduciary 105
Hot snapchat girl (Sep '16) 11 hr meetsnapgirls 2
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 14 hr Princess Hey 5,801
Does anybody remember? 16 hr rahhdrahhda 11
Childhood memories (May '12) Mon Skittles_92 47
More from around the web