Religion is all mythical bunk!
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#661 Oct 8, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Scan it and post the picture as proof.
Hahahahahaha
>>>>>>> >>>>>

Only one company is authorized to print Bibles in China–and it appears to be taking full advantage of the opportunity.

Last week, Amity Printing Company chairman Qiu Zhonghui announced that the publisher had printed its 100 millionth copy of the Bible in July.

The milestone means China is now the biggest publisher of Bibles worldwide.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/20...
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#662 Oct 8, 2013
My guess is, the Chinese people with a sense for the smell of money ... really LIKE those Christian bibles ... no matter how many different varieties of bibles claim to hold within their HOLY "covers" the one and only truth.

Happiness is up for grabs!
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#663 Oct 8, 2013
8.The great trouble is that the preachers get the children from six to seven years of age and then it is almost impossible to do anything with them.

[Thomas Edison, quoted by Joseph Lewis from a personal conversation; source: Cliff Walker's Positive Atheism's Big List of Quotations]
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#664 Oct 8, 2013
I've conversed with many supposed ex-Catholics on these threads, and they claim they either left Catholicism for another religion ... left and went back TO Catholicism, or claim they are no longer in religion but that "some of it" still has "meaning" for them.

Having been heavily indoctrinated by religious belief that was taught as truth in childhood ... often takes its toll, and is very difficult to shake off as being just another bad dream of illusion.

Been there ... done that.

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#666 Oct 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
After the "opening up" of the 1980s, religious freedoms were expanded for Christians, and traditional beliefs like Taoism and Buddhism were supported as an integral part of the Chinese culture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Chin...
rhetoric.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/8/...

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx...
http://thediplomat.com/china-power/china-inte...

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Location hidden

#667 Oct 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
>>>>>>> >>>>>
Only one company is authorized to print Bibles in China–and it appears to be taking full advantage of the opportunity.
Last week, Amity Printing Company chairman Qiu Zhonghui announced that the publisher had printed its 100 millionth copy of the Bible in July.
The milestone means China is now the biggest publisher of Bibles worldwide.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/20...
Now, now.....let Bull Dookie do his own research.

;)

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Location hidden

#668 Oct 8, 2013
Bull Dookie wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive poor Mav. He's in kneejerk reaction mode.
She proved it....

I knew about that already....

I just wanted to see if you just spout bull dookie or could you prove anything yourself.

LMAO!
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#669 Oct 8, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
I don't go to sites of people who post of which I am not familiar.

It takes time for me to trust who posts.

If you have specific information, then by all means post it in words taken from certain site and then I'll check it out on my own.
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#670 Oct 8, 2013
Freedom of religion in America also has exceptions to the rules concerning freedom.

For instance ... children have no rights if the parents are Jehovah's Witnesses who refuse to allow life-saving blood for their children. THAT is not freedom for the children.

Parents can teach children that a devil exists that will take them to hell if they don't obey. THAT if not freedom for the children.

Freedom of religion to some people is taking away freedom from other people.
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#671 Oct 8, 2013
Certainly in China, they are particular about which religions exist as "acceptable."

In America, we have yet to see a President that is not of the Christian faith.

What does THAT signify???

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Location hidden

#672 Oct 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't go to sites of people who post of which I am not familiar.
It takes time for me to trust who posts.
If you have specific information, then by all means post it in words taken from certain site and then I'll check it out on my own.
BBC and CNN did stories about the crack down on the uighurs (there are many different spellings to the word)

Reuters did a story about the crackdown on Tibetans.

China has been keeping the lid on stories about it's crackdown on Feng Shui. There is a blog and ABC did a story about a corrupt rail official using Feng Shui.
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#673 Oct 8, 2013
The voting system has worked its magic for Christians ... so far. But eventually as some other religions gain in numbers, it might just turn the votes in another direction.

It's heading that way now.

I really don't WANT to wear a Burqa.
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#674 Oct 8, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>BBC and CNN did stories about the crack down on the uighurs (there are many different spellings to the word)
Reuters did a story about the crackdown on Tibetans.
China has been keeping the lid on stories about it's crackdown on Feng Shui. There is a blog and ABC did a story about a corrupt rail official using Feng Shui.
You won't find a place on earth where corruption is not the norm.

And if humans go to another planet, it will soon be as polluted with corruption as is earth.

Make no mistake about it ... if given a chance to get our fingers in the big money, we could be as corrupt as are others. Selfishness works that way. We are all double-talkers ... telling stories out of both sides of our mouths at the same time.
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#675 Oct 8, 2013
7.I cannot believe in the immortality of the soul... No, all this talk of an existence beyond the grave is wrong. It is born of our tenacity of life - our desire to go on living - our dread of coming to an end. [Thomas Edison, quoted in 2000 Years of Disbelief, Famous People with the Courage to Doubt, by James A. Haught, Prometheus Books, 1996]
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#676 Oct 8, 2013
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Quesnel, Canada

#677 Oct 8, 2013
Many people have wanted one united religion for all people on earth. If asked individually "which religion" he/she would want to be the universal one ... I suggest that the answer would always be ... "The one to which I belong ... of course! Why would you ask such a silly question?"

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Location hidden

#680 Oct 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many people have wanted one united religion for all people on earth. If asked individually "which religion" he/she would want to be the universal one ... I suggest that the answer would always be ... "The one to which I belong ... of course! Why would you ask such a silly question?"
Of course that'll never happen.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#681 Oct 9, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I've noticed that you and the rest of the Kevtards are very good at spinning your versions of the "truth".
:)
"your versions of the "truth"?

Why can't you just accept that others have their own opinions? That's all yours is, an opinion and they are like butts we all have them.
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Prince George, Canada

#683 Oct 9, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>"your versions of the "truth"?
Why can't you just accept that others have their own opinions? That's all yours is, an opinion and they are like butts we all have them.
I don't have a version of truth. I only have questions.

And I agree that all we have are opinions.

In the context of religion, the word "truth" is simply a word that people use when trying to fool their selves ... or others.
June VanDerMark
Level 3

Prince George, Canada

#686 Oct 9, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course that'll never happen.
Again I pushed the "prop" icon instead of reply.

Anyway, I agree that people in religion could never unite, as they could never agree on dogmas.

The only way humans will agree concerning religion is when they admit they don't know ... and that "could" happen if they would go beyond their arrogance and ignorance to admit defeat.

But the theologians were cunning when they indoctrinated followers that they must have blind faith, as that teaching in turn resulted in many people being terrified to ask questions for fear that the gods would see "doubt" in them and reject them in the hereafter with the result that they would have to spend eternity literally burning in hell.

I never believed such nonsense, as I figured that if a god didn't want me to ask questions, the god had something to HIDE.

I now believe that it was the lies of theologians that the theologians were trying to hide from the masses.

"Don't ask questions, and I won't have to tell you more lies!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 19,307
theonlythingobamath 16 hr dumbasses 1
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 22 hr Princess Hey 5,802
keep taste of the danforth greek Thu F UK OFF STEVE 16
Dating people who are half your age? (Jan '14) Wed Peter Smith 3
Earn Money Walking Wed Pierre 1
Top Ten Sexiest Women Of All Time ! (Mar '13) Wed Bubba 106
More from around the web