Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

The fact that suffering in it's many forms exists in human and non-human forms of life, equates to the idea that if a creator exists the creator receives pleasure from observing the suffering. And that, in no way points to a creator with a character of "perfection."

I suggest that religion should fade away from lack of belief, and that it should no longer be allowed to cause any more division, animosity or wars between rival religious groups.

Theologians with their spewing of lies have committed far more than enough damage.
Level 3

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

For instance ... if the god of the new testament (that by the way in the old testament favored only Jews) had not allowed demons to exist, Jesus would not have had to cast them out.

So it was god's fault for not disposing of the evil demons in the first place.

Religion is nuts.
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Religious teaching is insane, and that is why it drove so many believers to insanity.

To teach that a god loves humans but believes they fall short of his mark of perfection would mean that the god looks down on humans as not being worthy of respect.

I hardly call that LOVE. It's a form of snobbishness.

He has all the power and humans are powerless in comparison.

That is hardly fair. Even a CEO of a corporation can lose his/her power if the power is abused.

By creating faulty humans and then allowing a hell or hells to exist for their eternal punishment means that the god always has total control of every situation ... even when his own power is abused.

Stupid stuff indeed.
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

According to Christian theology, the god created Adam and Eve ... knowing they were going to let the god down with their sinful behavior.

I suggest the god had to be playing mind-games with humans.

"Go ahead and sin" but you will have to answer to me when you DO sin."

Does that seem that such a god is of the character of love???

I think NOT!

Theologians had nothing better to do with their time than write foolish nonsense about mythical beings up in the skies and below the earth!
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Imagine teaching people that they were full of demons!!!

How horrible to put that into human psyches and claim the teaching to be based on truth.

There ought to be a defense against such criminal activities.

People who were mentally ill (some driven that way by religion) were subjected to exorcisms galore by more religion ... and to this day nothing has changed.

There is huge money to be made ... and this preacher Bob Larson lives the high life through such ridiculous activities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Bob Larson's public image
doesn't square with reality, says World

DENVER, Colo.(EP)-- Radio evangelist Bob Larson is known as a courageous battler of evil who takes on the forces of Satan each day on his syndicated radio program. But according to an investigation published in World magazine, an evangelical newsweekly, the behind- the-scenes Bob Larson is a different story.
Relying on court documents and sources from Bob Larson Ministries (BLM), the World article by Jay Grelen and Doug LeBlanc paint a picture of a high-living man who is concerned with donations, not with helping hurting people.

Much of World's financial information about Larson came from records filed during his 1991 divorce from Kathryn, his wife of 23 years.

http://www.holysmoke.org/wicca/bl002.htm
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

The Buddhist-teaching that the dalai lamas after they were enlightened could have gone to Nirvana for their eternal reward ... but came back into new bodies indicates that they voided their eternal reward for the "time being" to come back to earth to enlighten others of the holy message that they could go to Nirvana if they followed the teachings "of" the dalai lama.

Mother Teresa after becoming a saint hoped to leave heaven and come back to earth in "spirit"-form to save sinners from eternal hell" ... but she excluded the reincarnation factor, as it was not based on her Catholic indoctrination.

AHHHH ... the games people play!
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

The dalai lamas were never born into any other religion. They reincarnated as "enlightened" Buddhists each time they came to earth.

How CON-venient!

The dalai lama is considered an enlightened savior of sorts in Buddhism.

According to the dalai lamas ... the untouchables were/are anything BUT enlightened.

Scams abound!
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

All ancient religion taught that physical and emotional suffering occurs because humans didn't obey a creator, or simply didn't live up to higher standards of behavior.

Karma is based on the idea that when humans suffer, it's because of harming other humans in previous lifetimes and the suffering in the present lifetime is the "reward" that teaches humans to learn better behavior.

I suggest that physical and emotional suffering in all forms of life is far too complex to be put down to religious fantasies.
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I suggest that those who have concepts of truth (that stems from opinion) should not stoop so low as to claim to KNOW absolute truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Do Buddhists Believe in God?

The Buddha's teachings and Theravada Buddhism are essentially atheistic, although neither deny the existence of beings that might be called "gods." (See Is Buddhism Atheistic? for more information.)

In Mahayana Buddhism, however, the universe is populated with celestial buddhas and bodhisattvas who are worshipped as gods and goddesses. The historical Buddha is honored in this way, but most other Buddhist deities are adapted from the cultures Buddhism has encountered — from the pantheon of Hinduism to the indigenous religions of Tibet, China and Thailand.

Among the most popular Buddhist deities are Kuan Yin, the Medicine Buddha, the Laughing Buddha and the Green and White Taras. These and other fascinating figures are explored in this section. The list below links to articles that provide information on the history, meaning, significance and iconography of each deity.

http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/deities...
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

If some Buddhist don't believe in Nirvana ... who do they believe created Nirvana ... maybe their selves?

Silly people!
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Omit the "don't" ... If some Buddhist believe in Nirvana ... who do they believe created Nirvana ... maybe their selves???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Gautama Buddha rejected the existence of a creator deity

https://www.google.ca/#q=Buddhists+don 't+believe+in+a+creator
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I wonder where Buddhists believe Nirvana exists, or if they believe it's simply a state of "mind?"

I suggest that theologians created all religion out of mythical tales of illusion.
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Why would a creator of decent character have bothered to create me ... knowing ahead of time that I would end up for bad behavior in hell???

Theology is very silly.
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

“Illusion is the first of all pleasures.”

Voltaire
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

“It is one of the superstitions of the human mind to have imagined that virginity could be a virtue.”

Voltaire
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

If you want double-talk, I suggest you ask the dalai lama.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Can Buddhist believe in God?

In a recent talk the Dalai Lama was asked this very question. "Finally, at the end of his talk, questions were invited from the audience. A man said,'I understand Buddhism does not believe in God. What is your opinion about God? Does God exist or not?'. His Holiness laughed, grabbed the hands of the two spiritual leaders on each side of him, lifted them in the air, fixed his gaze upon the audience, and said emphatically,'God exists or God does not exist. Leave it for us. Your task is to learn how to live peacefully.'"

(from http://www.spectrumofbeliefs.blogspot.co ...)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

I suggest that when any guru, preacher, theologian insists that there is a reality beyond human awareness ... if it is beyond human awareness, it is also beyond their awareness.

They can't have it their way, as that indicates that they are certain that they have answers and the rest of us are their mental slaves, as we are too dumb to have the answers.

It's time to say "We the people are not going to be fooled by any more right-fighting theologians in any religions ... period!!! We are going to unite and say 'NO' to religion!
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Solitary confinement in the penal system did not start out as punishment. The lawmakers, heavily indoctrinated by religion thought that being cut off from contact with other humans would cause the incarcerated ones to reflect on their wrongs and learn to be "right with god."

The treatment itself was and is, inhumane.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Ideas/ID/24039...
Level 3

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Once theologians succeeded in dividing people into groups, there was no going back. To this day the people either belong on one side of the issue, or on the other side of the issue. As the theologians taught people to hate ... it became a matter of ... "Pick your poison!"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Religious segregation

Northern Ireland

In 2012 Foreign Policy reported that

The number of "peacewalls," physical barriers separating Catholic and Protestant communities, has increased sharply since the first ceasefires in 1994. Most people in the region cannot envisage the barriers being removed, according to a recent survey conducted by the University of Ulster. In housing and education, Northern Ireland remains one of the most segregated tracts of land anywhere on the planet -- less than one in 10 children attends a school that is integrated between Catholics and Protestant. This figure has remained stubbornly low despite the cessation of violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_segreg...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,115
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Topix Forum right now

Search the Topix Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hey 25 min sexntweek 2
Books, Recipes, Gardening AND (Jul '12) 28 min combat bartender ferrer 17,879
Vero Beach Boys Ranch Saved My Son 1 hr BoltDave 1
Word association game (Sep '12) 1 hr Velvet MJK 584
Corbin Walmart lousy service 2 hr weary citizen 1
A-Z list of famous celebrities (May '13) 5 hr rubygoober 753
Struggling101's Game Plan On Life With A Forced... 5 hr Struggling101 91
•••
•••