nudity in healthcare
coyote

Halifax, Canada

#1 Jun 3, 2010
I bring this up as sort of asking- after falling upon discussions on bioethics if real folks have any opinions. I have learned ; but been surprised, by the unanswered questions and accusations and would prefer to read results from a more inclusive of our society. I am a 64 yr old male and never thought about the opposite gender care item to any degree other than it was a necessary bit of humiliation. The fact was there was/is no alternative to get medical help. OK-that was the way- now males and females are expressing very negative and insulting things about opposite gender care when it becomes intimate. I never have been a "serious patient" other than prostrate surgery(sure shy but considered the good outweighed the discomfort of an opposite gender provider) and that has been my life learning regarding gender of care provider. I now am concerned if there is something I missed (likely!) Never ever thought about it-but- would I want a 19 year old young lady shave me for intimate care- after what I have read I am not sure-- this applies to opposite gender bathing/showers etc.- If I had not fallen upon it as a controversy in medical forums it would not have entered my mind. This is not a pro/con intended post but for info only ! Any thoughts or opinions ?
iwonder

Farmington, CT

#2 Jun 6, 2010
i wonder if the scale and the very nature of american political process would allow the system to operate without a "1984" aspect.
thosewerethedays

Farmington, CT

#3 Jun 6, 2010
girls were girls and men were men
mister we could use a man
Like Herert Hoover again
Didn't need no welfare state
everybody pulled his weigh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association game (Sep '12) 6 min Jackie 3,010
play last word! (Aug '12) 1 hr -Sprocket- 394
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 1 hr -Sprocket- 8,510
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 1 hr -Sprocket- 1,241
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 1 hr -Sprocket- 674
Cash CrowdFund 21 hr Lisa 1
Wher the real females at that lov3 to screw i a... Mon Charlie brown 1