What brought you to Topix in the firs...
Level 6

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#26 Dec 2, 2010
Killer Bugs wrote:
<quoted text>
You are old and wise. That goes back to '58.
And still in use today.
Gin Knee

Pasadena, CA

#27 Dec 2, 2010
Virginia Olive Hoge wrote:
I have come to recognize the great value on Topix, and .....Topix is its real asset and I have enjoyed being a part of that.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/THA9ONG...

Was this a joke then?

Oh, I came on to topix to shoot the breeze

“Who knew it would be this”

Level 1

Since: May 10

boring without The Avenger!

#31 Dec 2, 2010
Someone told me my ex ex ex g/f was being trashed on topix. Deservedly so, might I add. Anyway, I found some interesting topics regarding politics. Which lead me down some crazy "rabbit holes". After debating politics and religion for a while I found myself growing tired of other posters trashing any and everyone. Thus, Topics Avenger was born.
B for Bemused

Sun City, AZ

#32 Dec 2, 2010
Topics_Avenger wrote:
Someone told me my ex ex ex g/f was being trashed on topix. Deservedly so, might I add. Anyway, I found some interesting topics regarding politics. Which lead me down some crazy "rabbit holes". After debating politics and religion for a while I found myself growing tired of other posters trashing any and everyone. Thus, Topics Avenger was born.
Have you ever noticed that the vast majority of threads' content consists ONLY of posters bashing one another?
bea noser

Pasadena, CA

#33 Dec 2, 2010
Topics_Avenger wrote:
ex g/f? what woman in her right mind would let T/A go?

Level 1

#34 Dec 2, 2010
B for Bemused wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever noticed that the vast majority of threads' content consists ONLY of posters bashing one another?
Yeah, I have noticed that.

I should have said The Avenger was born through the bashing of real persons and not topix personas. I don't have a problem with "word battles" between personas.

Level 1

#35 Dec 2, 2010
bea noser wrote:
<quoted text>
ex g/f? what woman in her right mind would let T/A go?
I let her go. You should have known that. She wasn't happy about it but one has to do what one has to do.
Level 6

Location hidden

#36 Dec 2, 2010
Virginia Olive Hoge wrote:
<quoted text>
Please remove the Pasadena Troll's comment then.
I am not going to stir up the fight between Virginia and PT but I will say that Virginia you did specifically call out PT in your post which is the "finger pointing" I wanted to avoid in the first place.

In the interest of keeping this thread from derailing I am going to remove the posts from both of you and I invite you both to post again if you want to contribute something on topic.

I started this thread out of a desire to get to know the Topics forum posters better and I don't want to contribute to any long standing feuds.

I hope that you both understand where I am coming from.
Pasadena Troll

Pasadena, CA

#37 Dec 2, 2010
TopMod15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to stir up the fight between Virginia and PT but I will say that Virginia you did specifically call out PT in your post which is the "finger pointing" I wanted to avoid in the first place.
In the interest of keeping this thread from derailing I am going to remove the posts from both of you and I invite you both to post again if you want to contribute something on topic.
I started this thread out of a desire to get to know the Topics forum posters better and I don't want to contribute to any long standing feuds.
Sounds fair to me. Maybe one day I'll say I come to topix for the exquisite moderation ;)
Pasadena Troll

Pasadena, CA

#38 Dec 2, 2010
Pasadena Troll wrote:
Dear TopMod 15
And there you have it.
If you have to remove my posts I understand, it's ok. I never had any permanent attachment to them anyway. Every thing in this realm of existence is fleeting. don't you agree?
Pasadena Troll wrote:
Yeah she says that a lot. I mean all the time. I don't how she convinced herself but she did. Google her and read, see what conclusion you come to.
Do what you must we understand. adieu posts adieu

“Bootleggin Ginseng Digger”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Box Town

#39 Dec 2, 2010
Well, you see, My sales of "medicine" was going poorly. One of my customers said go to topix, your sales will increase.
Well he was dead wrong, but when the sales are slow ,it gives me sumpin to do.

“Bootleggin Ginseng Digger”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Box Town

#41 Dec 2, 2010
Killer Bugs wrote:
<quoted text>
You should ask Top Mod about buying an advertisment.
You know there Bug Killer,
I should hire you to be my advertising executive!
Brilliant!

“R3V01U7!0N”

Level 5

Since: Apr 10

Denver, CO

#42 Dec 3, 2010
I was looking at someone running for office on Google and clicked on a news link, after reading the story, I saw the comment area below the article.
I was stoked, I had been looking for a place with a million forums where you didn't have to register to comment. And sure enough, there it was.

Apparently, I got sucked in enough to sign-up as a registered member anyways (lol), but without that one opportunity to post without signing up, I would not be here at all.

I am a perfect example of why you're successful. Haha..
Thanks, Topix.
alley

Naugatuck, CT

#43 Dec 3, 2010
Rod Cod the 2nd wrote:
Well, you see, My sales of "medicine" was going poorly. One of my customers said go to topix, your sales will increase.
Well he was dead wrong, but when the sales are slow ,it gives me sumpin to do.
Waste time online.
Level 6

Location hidden

#44 Dec 3, 2010
-Politically- wrote:
I was looking at someone running for office on Google and clicked on a news link, after reading the story, I saw the comment area below the article.
I was stoked, I had been looking for a place with a million forums where you didn't have to register to comment. And sure enough, there it was.
Apparently, I got sucked in enough to sign-up as a registered member anyways (lol), but without that one opportunity to post without signing up, I would not be here at all.
I am a perfect example of why you're successful. Haha..
Thanks, Topix.
That's pretty cool. How did you like the 2010 Election threads we did? We tried our best to get every local candidate we could.

Razorback Jack
Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#45 Dec 3, 2010
I was summoned by forces of unknown origin. A "calling" as it were.

The only absolute is, it was meant for me to be here.

Razorback Jack
Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#46 Dec 3, 2010
TopMod15 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty cool. How did you like the 2010 Election threads we did? We tried our best to get every local candidate we could.
I'd like to address this please!

I thought the election threads were very cool. Especially since they were open to statewide participation .......... however,

the elections are over. Those threads keep getting all bumped up to the top of all the forum pages and it has become annoying. I'd like to see them removed now.

_Virginia_
Level 5

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#47 Dec 3, 2010
TopMod15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi TM15. The PT was the reason I came onto Topix.

Its not finger pointing, its the truth. She is the only reason I came onto Topix. I cannot give another reason because there isn't one.

I also said how I have moved beyond this and have come to see the much bigger picture on Topix. its true.
Perry Noid

Oceanside, CA

#48 Dec 3, 2010
See ginny this is why you get banned.

Pasadena friends alerted me to the drama on topix, that a links from local news stories.
Level 6

Location hidden

#49 Dec 3, 2010
Razorback Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to address this please!
I thought the election threads were very cool. Especially since they were open to statewide participation .......... however,
the elections are over. Those threads keep getting all bumped up to the top of all the forum pages and it has become annoying. I'd like to see them removed now.
Yeah we had a bug that wasn't allowing us to pull down statewide threads in individual forums. We pushed out a fix for that yesterday. Some of those threads are still very much alive and I don't want to pull them all down especially since the candidates will be taking office in January. However, I do understand that they may be intrusive to some of the slower moving forums that might not push them down as quickly. I am going through and removing them on a case by case basis.

So if you have suggestions of particular local forums where the election threads are troublesome please let me know and I will check it out.

Thanks RBJ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association game (Sep '12) 21 min Red_Forman 1,713
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 9 hr Ricky F 19,096
nice people only forum (Oct '15) 9 hr jjcuudjcjjcjvj 303
chub bttm pig for yahoo chat 17 hr ohiokid2007 1
Gay Guys SC Fri motye8 139
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) Fri Recon Beeker 4,685
The Official Complaint Department (May '12) Fri _Susan_ 3,474
More from around the web