Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#90 Mar 30, 2013
GtarMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane is one of the least confrontational posters on Topix
HEY.
I'll have you know, Liz and I once pissed off a whole thread because we were talking about the Brady Bunch and things like doing our laundry.
Horrible ...horrible stuff.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#91 Mar 30, 2013
Hi. I'm Ferrerman, first time poster, long-time Ferrerman. My question is: "Is this RIP ArtGal as in 'Rest In Peace' or as in 'rip ArtGal a new one?'" Either way I'm good with it.

GtarMan
Level 8

Since: Mar 13

Parkersburg, WV

#93 Mar 30, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY.
I'll have you know, Liz and I once pissed off a whole thread because we were talking about the Brady Bunch and things like doing our laundry.
Horrible ...horrible stuff.
I like Liz

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#94 Mar 30, 2013
Lord Fetch wrote:
artgal's facebook "mobile uploads" updated 6 hrs ago...three times since yesterday.
post mortem posts?
Life goes on....

Hi, Fetch!

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#95 Mar 30, 2013
OOdle wrote:
<quoted text>You are not only mean you are a vicious troll intent on destroying this thread.
you're making me laugh

I think I love you!

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#96 Mar 30, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
Hi. I'm Ferrerman, first time poster, long-time Ferrerman. My question is: "Is this RIP ArtGal as in 'Rest In Peace' or as in 'rip ArtGal a new one?'" Either way I'm good with it.
LOL, there are many stages of grieving.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#97 Mar 30, 2013
OOdle wrote:
<quoted text>Were they converts to LDS? They act like that. I wish I had known you then as Utah is a beautiful state with much to do and see. Price, UT has one of the best dinosaur museums in the world. Vernal does, too. Flaming Gorge is a National Recreation area and it is a 93 mile long lake with over 50 pound lake trout and Kokanee. the Green River is a world class flyfishing destination. Moab is a photographer's dream. The best car show ever in May. That is just a few of the things this widow used to like to do when my husband was alive. Cancer got him, too. 54 when he died. He was stage 4 when diagnosed and then he suffered 18 months. My big strong 6'4" guy could not even lift his head near the end so I knew Art Gal was a fraud from the beginning.
I was all over Utah when I was out there because I had to get out of Orem every chance I could. I went down to Moab with some friends and rented Jeeps and went out on the trails. That was fun. Packed it in a couple of times and drove down to Vegas (that was fun). Went over to West Wendover for a weekend. Saw Bryce Canyon and went over to Zion twice. Park City was a lot of fun and not even like being in Utah at all. They had a bar there, and I can't remember the name of it, but they made a fantastic Buffalo Burger.

Towards the end of my time out there I started having these absolutely debilitating panic attacks and I am not the kind of person to have panic attacks. They were relentless though. Not sure if it is because I was getting sick and didn't know it yet or if there was something else going on. All I can say is that when I drove back home to Michigan (where my home was at the time), I never had another one.

Sorry about your loss. Cancer is a rough thing to deal with.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#100 Mar 30, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, there are many stages of grieving.
All the world is a stage...and sometimes we're in the audience going: "What the huh?!? Who writes this stuff??"

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

#101 Mar 30, 2013
GtarMan wrote:
She lied.
A lot.
Hell 95% of the posters on here lie so just cause you have Cancer you can`t tell a fib every now and then, I call that bullshat!! hahahahaha!!!!

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#103 Mar 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it wasn't like I didn't bring it on myself--heavy smoker, lived in the coal fields of Appalachia until I was 15 drinking God knows what in that water, worked around chemicals and heavy metals, and drank like a fish. And let's not forget a long family history of cancer. I feel fortunate to have made it this far. I had stage 3 (rapidly heading into stage 4) kidney cancer. They cut out my left kidney and left me with a horrendous scar that has ended my underwear modeling career for good. ;) I was fortunate that it had not yet spread (although it was very close to my colon and liver).
Seriously, I just saw a friend of mine the other day that had very similar cancer. His tumor was smaller than mine, but only by a few centimeters and he has a really small scar. Mine goes from just to the right of my sternum following along my rib cage all the way to my back. It is awful.
I bet it is.
I'd love to say that I didn't know what you
were talking about but I have a Long family hx
of cancer and I smoke like a chimney.
I know I need to quit but.......yeah...

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#104 Mar 30, 2013
OOdle wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure the part about my husband suffering for 18 months with cancer must have really tickled your funny bone.
I was talking about your posts TO ME.
I found your posts TO ME funny.

I didn't read your other posts...so no.

GtarMan
Level 8

United States

#105 Mar 30, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>you're making me laugh

I think I love you!
Heh

Level 2

Upwind

#106 Mar 30, 2013
For the love of humanity, catch me up to date on the latest.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#107 Mar 30, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>All the world is a stage...and sometimes we're in the audience going: "What the huh?!? Who writes this stuff??"
Ain't that the truth. TV shows hire people to manage continuity. I'm surprised that hasn't caught on here.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#109 Mar 30, 2013
Art Sifartsi wrote:
For the love of humanity, catch me up to date on the latest.
Well...
This is an ArtGal memorial. I'm not sure, but I think we are supposed to talk about our found memories...or something.

Just be careful...That Ooga Booga lady is scary.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#111 Mar 30, 2013
*fond

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#112 Mar 30, 2013
OOdle wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad that you were able to see some of Utah's splendor. You must have eaten at Ray's Tavern in Green River or else Porter's Place in Lehi. Ray's has T-Shirts hanging on the wall all over and many are from celebs.
Yes thank you and I never thought I would be widowed twice.
Yeah, it was a beautiful state. I just wish I could have enjoyed I more. I live in Texas now and love it here--especially the weather.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#113 Mar 30, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it is.
I'd love to say that I didn't know what you
were talking about but I have a Long family hx
of cancer and I smoke like a chimney.
I know I need to quit but.......yeah...
I had my last cigarette on the morning I walked into the hospital. I was in the hospital for 6 days so by the time they let me loose, I had a pretty good start on quitting. I have an occasional cigar, but I do that rarely. I still have a drink or two every now and then, but try to keep that down to a dull roar. I thought I would miss cigarettes something awful, but the truth is, I don't know why I smoked for so long. I don't miss it one bit.

GtarMan
Level 8

United States

#114 Mar 30, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>Well...
This is an ArtGal memorial. I'm not sure, but I think we are supposed to talk about our found memories...or something.

Just be careful...That Ooga Booga lady is scary.
I have this funny sausage pic...

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#115 Mar 30, 2013
Isn't this just giving her what she apparently wanted, attention?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dating people who are half your age? (Jan '14) 57 min Peter Smith 3
Earn Money Walking 4 hr Pierre 1
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 9 hr Princess Hey 5,798
Top Ten Sexiest Women Of All Time ! (Mar '13) 9 hr Bubba 106
Earn Free Stock With Robinhood App - start inve... 13 hr Kreynol6 1
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) Tue Slutslutslut0o0 5,488
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) Tue Junket 19,303
More from around the web