Acolytes of Junket

“" MooMod "”

Since: Feb 11

Pokeatwat Farms

#36072 Apr 24, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Cov!
Ricky I have a shoulder anytime my friend . Just ask for my number . The loss of a loved friend is hard but the good memories are worth the daydreaming when you think of her .

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#36073 Apr 24, 2013
I second what Lady J said. Hang in their Ricky!

Level 8

Location hidden

#36074 Apr 24, 2013
arghhh there, not their ... need more coffee

3303 booya!

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#36075 Apr 24, 2013
Greetings Dad.

Happy memories are the best. Wish there was an "erase" for those recollections that were less than pleasant.

{Waves to Perf}

1210 - I lose. Again. Color me unsurprised.

Level 8

Location hidden

#36076 Apr 24, 2013
Bad times are hard, but they can make you appreciate the good times more and they can sometimes make you stronger and cause growth on a variety of levels, J.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#36077 Apr 24, 2013
My condolences. May her sweet memory shine brightly for you.
Ricky F wrote:
Guys excuse me for the next couple days, yesterday I buried the closest female friend I've ever had except for my wife who I was in total love with but that ended a while back, but this friend was there for pretty much that whole 11 years and then some! She was like the sister I never had and she was so down to earth and laid back, non judgmental over anything and the one person in real life that I truly felt I could tell anything to without repercussion. If I ever needed to talk IF (lol) I could reach her she would give me plenty of time and I gotta tell you I'm having a hard time with this one and I never get depressed ever! This is bothering me way more than losing all of my grandparents, aunt, father-in-law, sister-in-law, everyone, so that's a little strange but it's how I feel and when she found out she had stage 4 cancer and only a few months to live she took it a little had as she loved life here on earth. But there is a silver lining here, she lost a son when he was 9 years old due to wrong medication prescribed for him years ago, so she came back to this area from Austin to be buried next to him and I got to see her husband Randy and even older friend I used to work with (that's how I met her), her other 2 kids the same age as mine who all used to play together and all the friends I knew through them so it was surreal for me yesterday.
Randy stayed in Austin to get his retirement while she moved to Aspen to get her day care business up and running (they were that strong), I was going to fly up to stay with her recently then this happened, so she went back to Austin to have family time and that's where she passed.
So it was and still is sad and emotional for me, the hardest ever and of course my ex-bitch never called nor showed up even though I texted her ahead of time of what was going on, she didn't even go to her old best friends funeral either who passed of breast cancer a couple years back, but I did. I feel obligated to go to friends funerals, that's just how it should be.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#36078 Apr 24, 2013
greetings lady j and acolytes

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#36079 Apr 24, 2013
Good afternoon, Perse.

Sublime, while I understand that "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" - I've said and done things that shame me. Perhaps I'm more mellow these days, water off a duck's back, but I wish I knew then, what I know now. I would have been kinder...

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#36080 Apr 24, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>Ricky I have a shoulder anytime my friend . Just ask for my number . The loss of a loved friend is hard but the good memories are worth the daydreaming when you think of her .
I appreciate the offer dad, but you smell like farm fresh animals! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#36081 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I second what Lady J said. Hang in their Ricky!
It's a tough one, but thanks!

So now I'm wondering....

Did I know care so much for all my other passed friends, and if so why not?

Am I finally growing up?

Or was she really just that great?

She picked a side of me I never knew I had, I actually DO have feelings despite what I've been told in the past!! lolol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#36082 Apr 24, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
My condolences. May her sweet memory shine brightly for you. <quoted text>
Thanks Pers, I really do appreciate that!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#36083 Apr 24, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>It's a tough one, but thanks!
So now I'm wondering....
Am I finally growing up?
She picked a side of me I never knew I had, I actually DO have feelings despite what I've been told in the past!! lolol
:)

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#36084 Apr 24, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Dad.
Happy memories are the best. Wish there was an "erase" for those recollections that were less than pleasant.
{Waves to Perf}
1210 - I lose. Again. Color me unsurprised.
Hi there, Lady J. There is an 'erase' for the unpleasant. If you find yourself thing about the unpleasant, force yourself to concentrate on a fun time. Repetition of this type actions will become second nature, and the unpleasant will pop u less and less. I've been practicing that for some time now, and have a difficult time bringing to min something unpleasant about my dear departed ones. It really helps as we face each new day. Give it a try. Won't anyone think tou're looney tunes for talking to yourself while you're changing the focus to the pleasant, and the rewards are great.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#36085 Apr 24, 2013
Ricky, my condolences for the loss of a dear friend. Make a concerted effort to recall the pleasant memories when you think of her, and eventually you'll find yourself hard pressed to remember the unpleasant. A prayer for you to have the strength to follow through.

Level 8

Location hidden

#36086 Apr 24, 2013
Junket wrote:
Good afternoon, Perse.
Sublime, while I understand that "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" - I've said and done things that shame me. Perhaps I'm more mellow these days, water off a duck's back, but I wish I knew then, what I know now. I would have been kinder...
I think many of us have those regrets. And while I think it matters what you do along the way, for sure, it also matters who you are at the finish line. Life is a lesson, you learn it when youíre through.

That you even have such feelings is a sign of personal growth and maturity. Many folks are not very good at pointing the finger at themselves. I donít know why people have such a need to be perfect that they will lie to themselves.Ö itís not even possible. Kudos to you for being self critical.

Level 8

Location hidden

#36087 Apr 24, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>It's a tough one, but thanks!
So now I'm wondering....
Am I finally growing up?
There are some people who touch your life in a way that others do not. You should celebrate her life as well as mourn her passing. You were lucky to have traveled along life's pathway together for a period of time.

My father's business mentor was a close personal friend of his (he was from Ireland and I loved his accent). I saw my father really struggle with his passing too in a manner unlike the passing of many family members and other friends. There was a special connection between the two of them.

You are lucky if you have one true friend in life. Consider yourself lucky.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#36088 Apr 25, 2013
Good morning, sleepy babies! Time to rise and shine. Got the coffee ready.

GtarMan
Level 8

Since: Mar 13

Parkersburg, WV

#36089 Apr 25, 2013
Morning everyone
and stuff.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#36090 Apr 25, 2013
Happy Thursday, Lady C and Kevin.
What's on the agenda today?

4244 - I'm off to a good start.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#36091 Apr 25, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Ricky, my condolences for the loss of a dear friend. Make a concerted effort to recall the pleasant memories when you think of her, and eventually you'll find yourself hard pressed to remember the unpleasant. A prayer for you to have the strength to follow through.
Thanks Perfessor! Yesterday was a tough day for me but so far today is much better, thanks again man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the best VPN? 3 hr Thomas 7
What is Trolling? (Feb '11) 4 hr Ricky F 228
Post anything using the Letter M! (Aug '12) 5 hr Ricky F 377
Chat 6 hr Chat 1
skype? (Aug '16) 6 hr Michelle 2
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 8 hr Princess Hey 5,261
NAVYFCU Needed for Instant $4000 Cashout 18 hr Keith 1
More from around the web