Morning Kevin
{waves to Ricky}
Howdy Junket1

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#35990 Apr 22, 2013
Greetings Ricky.

The birds are still fixing their new home. Which reminds me of what needs doing before the new (yay) furniture arrives. There are some heavy pieces that haven't been moved in never. Be nice to clean underneath and behind. Putting that on the list of things to consider. Seriously consider, that be.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#35991 Apr 22, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
Vroom vroom...floods engine...
It was all gummed up and I don't think gas was even flowing out of the carburetor. I couldn't smell it at all, like you normally do when it is flooded. That's why I wasn't sure if the fuel pump was not working. My son tried to start it when I was charging the battery on it and I thought maybe it shorted out the pump.

I had to charge the battery 3 times because I spent so much time cranking the thing trying to get it started. As you can imagine after all that I was happy when it finally did ...

I hit the carburetor with a hammer (not too hard) as I was trying to start it and fuel finally started to flow.

Level 8

Location hidden

#35992 Apr 22, 2013
Mornin' all.

Had a meeting with the big boss this morning. Raise day. Yay me!

Drinks are on me!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#35993 Apr 22, 2013
Junket wrote:
Morning Hatti and FC. When we last left off, FC you were dealing with some issues which I assumed were personal because you didn't "share with the class".
Best regards to you both! J
Good morning, Lady J ... my pup has been ill for weeks ... he's having major problems ... he was treated 4/11/13 ... I talked to the vet on Friday. I had to call again this morning and awaiting her phone call, again ... I'm scared for my pup ... labored breathing! Like he can't catch his breath! Please pray for him! Have a nice day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#35994 Apr 22, 2013
I aired my "pup" issue on a thread I frequent on Offbeat! Not ONE person responded to that post. NOT ONE! So I figured no one cared ... and here I thought after posting 5 years someone would say, "oh FC hope your pup gets better" NOTHING! So, I didn't figure anyone here that I've known less that 6 months would even inquire ... but your inquiry means more to me than my friendship of 5 years means to them! What irony! Thanks ...
But ---> I do know that Ricky sent his love to Princess and she conveyed that to me and that is really nice of Ricky ... I shall send him an email or PM and tell him how much that meant to me ... I am almost 60, made and had a career, NO kids ... these pups ARE my kids ... they are everything to me ... I have to go now ... Have a beautiful day! FC <3

7770 ... 4 of a kind, 4 what it's worth ...

Level 8

Location hidden

#35995 Apr 22, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
I aired my "pup" issue on a thread I frequent on Offbeat! Not ONE person responded to that post. NOT ONE! So I figured no one cared ... and here I thought after posting 5 years someone would say, "oh FC hope your pup gets better" NOTHING! So, I didn't figure anyone here that I've known less that 6 months would even inquire ... but your inquiry means more to me than my friendship of 5 years means to them! What irony! Thanks ...
But ---> I do know that Ricky sent his love to Princess and she conveyed that to me and that is really nice of Ricky ... I shall send him an email or PM and tell him how much that meant to me ... I am almost 60, made and had a career, NO kids ... these pups ARE my kids ... they are everything to me ... I have to go now ... Have a beautiful day! FC <3
7770 ... 4 of a kind, 4 what it's worth ...
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I have kids, but I know how you feel.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#35996 Apr 22, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Lady J ... my pup has been ill for weeks ... he's having major problems ... he was treated 4/11/13 ... I talked to the vet on Friday. I had to call again this morning and awaiting her phone call, again ... I'm scared for my pup ... labored breathing! Like he can't catch his breath! Please pray for him! Have a nice day! FC <3 ...
Are you going to have to take him back to the vet? How old is your "baby"? My little one's grandmother's dog chewed through the cable tv line outside and suffered either a large shock or minor electrocution. She was beside herself about it. Took the dog to the vet and the dog suffered severe hydration from his ordeal. Then yesterday, she accidentally backed over her other dog in the driveway and had to bury it. She's so distraught. I don't have any pets, but do know that for people that do, they do become a family member. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way.

8998--Lucky Monday for me!

Level 8

Location hidden

#35997 Apr 22, 2013
Funny story about a dog:

I called my parents last week or two for something and my dad said tell Bambi that mom said she’s sorry she didn’t get back to her yesterday … we lost Sidney.

Sidney was a dog that my mom sold to a family a few years ago, as a puppy. The family recently went on vacation and wanted my mom to watch it for them, which she will sometimes do, as a courtesy. A lot of the folks she sells dogs too are very particular about their dogs and treat them like royalty and don't want them staying at a kennel. It wasn't that hard as my folks have an invisible fence and the owners use that for Sidney as well.

Anyway … the night before the owners are to come and pick up Sidney in the morning, no one can find this dog … anywhere. My parents and my brother were up all night looking for it … I mean all night … my brother was driving around at 3 AM calling her name. My mom was called every police station and animal control in a couple of counties around them to see if anyone has reported a missing dog.

Nada ... no Sidney anywhere. They were all worried sick wondering what they are going to tell the owner. They had no idea where the dog could have gone to.

It’s 10:00 in the AM, the next day, with the owners to arrive at 12:00. Still no Sidney … then the light bulb goes on, lol. My folks have a stair case in their garage that goes up to a huge storage area above their garage. Sidney doesn’t like to walk down stairs, I guess. The dog went up that stair case and had been sitting sat outside the door to the storage, THE WHOLE TIME. She didn’t even make a peep.

I laughed my butt of when my dad told me and he was laughing too. He said it’s funny now, but it was so not funny when they couldn’t find her.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#35998 Apr 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I have kids, but I know how you feel.
Thank you, Sub! Yes, I bet you do know how I feel ... you are too kind! Best wishes for a great day! FC <3 ...

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#35999 Apr 22, 2013
Well, as long as it worked.

;)

I remember spending many hours with a special someone who had three muscle cars, and he taught me a lot. I also spent a lot of time pushing the gas pedal while he tinkered with each car.

It was okay, he had a back like the guy in your pic, wide and muscled, and a cute butt, so I didn't mind too much.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was all gummed up and I don't think gas was even flowing out of the carburetor. I couldn't smell it at all, like you normally do when it is flooded. That's why I wasn't sure if the fuel pump was not working. My son tried to start it when I was charging the battery on it and I thought maybe it shorted out the pump.
I had to charge the battery 3 times because I spent so much time cranking the thing trying to get it started. As you can imagine after all that I was happy when it finally did ...
I hit the carburetor with a hammer (not too hard) as I was trying to start it and fuel finally started to flow.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#36000 Apr 22, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to have to take him back to the vet? How old is your "baby"? My little one's grandmother's dog chewed through the cable tv line outside and suffered either a large shock or minor electrocution. She was beside herself about it. Took the dog to the vet and the dog suffered severe hydration from his ordeal. Then yesterday, she accidentally backed over her other dog in the driveway and had to bury it. She's so distraught. I don't have any pets, but do know that for people that do, they do become a family member. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way.
8998--Lucky Monday for me!
Hi covcas! I'm waiting for the vet to call back ... she initially said this morning to "up" his steroids ... then she said, "let me call you back" ... I'm still waiting ... I rescued blond my full bred German Spitz when the owner, after being evicted, left him with a "friend". I found out the "friend" was kicking Pooh Bear around ... So I went and told the owner to get the pup back (who then was around 1 year old)... the owner took the pup, in his arms, and said he was taking him to the pound. I kicked the "friend" HARD in the shin, took the pup from the owners arm and said, "Oh, no you're not, I'M TAKING THIS PUP" and I did ... and he's been with me 12 years thus making the pup 13 years ... His birth certificate says he's 13 years old ... the "friend" still has a knot on his shin from when I kicked him ... You don't kick dogs ... the pup was used to being left alone for DAYS at a time! The owner would throw a bag of food on the porch and leave Pooh Bear on his own ... there was a pack of dogs who would come on the porch and eat Pooh's food so Pooh had to defend his territory and fend for himself! The "friend" had 2 dogs and a cat of his own ... apparently Pooh wanted to eat some of the "friends" dog food, too! That is why the "friend" was kicking Pooh ... Uh huh, whatever the reason, you don't kick a dog ... Not unless there is a dog fight, breaking up the dog fight, separating the dog fight I grab my dog and kick the other dog!(Well that only happened once and that's how I broke up that dog fight and it happened to be my baby sis' Golden Retriever, Sabrina and my lab/shep mix, Girl)... That's my story and I'm sticking to it ...
Thank you for your prayers ... If I'm tired, I know my pup is tired as he is the one going through all this ... Love, FC <3 ...

LULU BELLE ~ THEY GOTTA QUIT KICKIN' MY DOG AROUND

Now, every time I come to town ... the boys keep kicking my dog around
Makes no difference if he is a hound ... they gotta to quit kicking my dog around ...

7770 ... 4 of a kind ... prayers for Pooh Bear

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#36001 Apr 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Funny story about a dog:
I called my parents last week or two for something and my dad said tell Bambi that mom said she’s sorry she didn’t get back to her yesterday … we lost Sidney.
Sidney was a dog that my mom sold to a family a few years ago, as a puppy. The family recently went on vacation and wanted my mom to watch it for them, which she will sometimes do, as a courtesy. A lot of the folks she sells dogs too are very particular about their dogs and treat them like royalty and don't want them staying at a kennel. It wasn't that hard as my folks have an invisible fence and the owners use that for Sidney as well.
Anyway … the night before the owners are to come and pick up Sidney in the morning, no one can find this dog … anywhere. My parents and my brother were up all night looking for it … I mean all night … my brother was driving around at 3 AM calling her name. My mom was called every police station and animal control in a couple of counties around them to see if anyone has reported a missing dog.
Nada ... no Sidney anywhere. They were all worried sick wondering what they are going to tell the owner. They had no idea where the dog could have gone to.
It’s 10:00 in the AM, the next day, with the owners to arrive at 12:00. Still no Sidney … then the light bulb goes on, lol. My folks have a stair case in their garage that goes up to a huge storage area above their garage. Sidney doesn’t like to walk down stairs, I guess. The dog went up that stair case and had been sitting sat outside the door to the storage, THE WHOLE TIME. She didn’t even make a peep.
I laughed my butt of when my dad told me and he was laughing too. He said it’s funny now, but it was so not funny when they couldn’t find her.
That's quite a story, Sub! It's funny now but I bet it wasn't at the time ... Jax is my helper now that I bought the empty lot next door (closed on that property on 4/4/13) Pooh is all over the property and hard to find sometimes ... Thanks to my other pup, Jax who helps me find him ... It's like Jax is in overdrive and his sense have kicked in to help me ... I'll tell him, "Go find Pooh Bear" ... and he'll run to where Pooh Bear is ... Now, I have to tell you ... there are "land mines" everywhere ... PB & Jax "were" used to going to the outer perimeter for their business ... Not so much for PB anymore ... I've had to go to the hospital store to buy those booties to wear over my shoes, LOL ... no, it's really not that funny ... maybe we'll laugh about it later ... I've ruined two pair of flip flops, well one pair of croc sandals and a pair of Lindsay Phillips ... I'm waiting for the maid to come tomorrow to clean them up good ... you think I'M going to clean them, uh, let me think about that? Uh, okay, wait a minute! Okay. NO!... Poor little guy ran into the trash bin night before last knocking it over tearing BOTH hinges off the lid, found himself in the front bedroom knocking over a HUGE plant, knocking the plant out of the planter, huge piece of dirt everywhere! Glad he didn't get caught underneath as I was in the back bedroom sleeping ... He's, well WE, have been up since 4 this morning ... it's like babysitting ... I have an all new found respect for "real" mothers, single mothers and single fathers and/or parents raising children, kids!!!!!!!!!! This, to me, represents some sort of semblance of having to care for someone who cannot, otherwise, take care of themselves ... Bravo, kudos, accolades to you! You have my respect! How do you do it? How did you do it? Goodness! Some of you having to balance work and mother/fatherhood?! WOW! All I can do is shake my head, WOW! Okay, I've blown off some steam and collected myself now ... for right now, anyway ... Thank yall for letting me vent ... typed, not proofread ... Good day! FC <3 ...

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#36002 Apr 22, 2013
Hello to Lady J and her friends.

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#36003 Apr 22, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, FC. I consider my pets family, but others on Topix may not "get it" or may not know what or how to respond.

Best wishes for your puppy. Hopefully the Vet has called back by now. They aren't miracle workers, but I don't think they get into their field without truly treating (to the best of their ability) their canine/feline/etc. patients.

<3

Level 8

Location hidden

#36004 Apr 22, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite a story, Sub! It's funny now but I bet it wasn't at the time ...
LOL. Nope, not funny at the time. Sounds like a nightmare.
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Jax is my helper now that I bought the empty lot next door (closed on that property on 4/4/13) Pooh is all over the property and hard to find sometimes ... Thanks to my other pup, Jax who helps me find him ... It's like Jax is in overdrive and his sense have kicked in to help me ... I'll tell him, "Go find Pooh Bear" ... and he'll run to where Pooh Bear is ...
That’s cool.
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Now, I have to tell you ... there are "land mines" everywhere ... PB & Jax "were" used to going to the outer perimeter for their business ... Not so much for PB anymore ... I've had to go to the hospital store to buy those booties to wear over my shoes, LOL ... no, it's really not that funny ... maybe we'll laugh about it later ... I've ruined two pair of flip flops, well one pair of croc sandals and a pair of Lindsay Phillips ... I'm waiting for the maid to come tomorrow to clean them up good ... you think I'M going to clean them, uh, let me think about that? Uh, okay, wait a minute! Okay. NO!... Poor little guy ran into the trash bin night before last knocking it over tearing BOTH hinges off the lid, found himself in the front bedroom knocking over a HUGE plant, knocking the plant out of the planter, huge piece of dirt everywhere! Glad he didn't get caught underneath as I was in the back bedroom sleeping ... He's, well WE, have been up since 4 this morning ... it's like babysitting ... I have an all new found respect for "real" mothers, single mothers and single fathers and/or parents raising children, kids!!!!!!!!!! This, to me, represents some sort of semblance of having to care for someone who cannot, otherwise, take care of themselves ... Bravo, kudos, accolades to you! You have my respect! How do you do it? How did you do it? Goodness! Some of you having to balance work and mother/fatherhood?! WOW! All I can do is shake my head, WOW! Okay, I've blown off some steam and collected myself now ... for right now, anyway ... Thank yall for letting me vent ... typed, not proofread ... Good day! FC <3 ...
Oh, I hear ya. They keep ya busy, for sure.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty k ik 1 min wndr13 23
Gay Snapchats! 5 min Boxerbulges 170
Pit Bulls Should B Banned (Mar '15) 2 hr newagetrucker 114
Hey Topix, why are you giving anti-Hillary pop ... 2 hr newagetrucker 2
Sex at truckstops 2 hr newagetrucker 2
Books, Recipes, Gardening AND (Jul '12) 4 hr Bad Bex 18,106
Word association game (Sep '12) 4 hr Red_Forman 1,543
More from around the web