“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#35651 Apr 8, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Good morning lady J and fellow acolytes.
*giggles*
Who you giggling? Lol

Good morning Pers how are you?

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#35652 Apr 8, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Who you giggling? Lol
At the things you learn when you don't do chemicals.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#35653 Apr 8, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Who you giggling? Lol
I'm good, how are you?

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#35654 Apr 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Morning, Sublime. What all do you grow. Peppers, squash, cucumbers--what else.
Mornin', Cov.

I grow 6 different kinds of peppers from hot to sweet

Straight neck squash, crooked neck squash, butternut squash.

Watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkins

Beans, Peas, Beets, Carrots.

Tomatoes

I got everything planted this weekend and drips run to all the plants. Fabric barrier down where no plants are and covered all of it with pine needles. Should be practically no maintenance from year in, year out, from not on.

“Who really cares?”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Hopefully many.

#35655 Apr 8, 2013
Good morning, Perse!
Ricky, price you pay for having a blast. What's in your wallet, today?

Level 8

Location hidden

#35656 Apr 8, 2013
Junket wrote:
Morning Sublime and Ricky!
Our garden won't get started until later this month. Tomatoes (too many, imo), peppers (love 'em), cucs and this year onions. For some reason they taste so much better than store bought.
I mentioned Cub to my dear and this morning he showed me a riding mower on-line that he thought would work nicely. I so love him.
Yes we warm up a little sooner than you do. It looks to be in the 70s or higher from here on out for me.

I just like having a garden for some reason and eating stuff I've grown. It's nice to be able to walk outside and pick food. Plus it's healthy and I don't use any pesticides. Other than miracle grow it's all organic.

What brand is the mower?

Level 8

Location hidden

#35657 Apr 8, 2013
KnightPirateDeux wrote:
<quoted text>
You got up early so you could take your boys to a farmers market for ice cream? Maybe this afternoon you can take them for popcorn at the oil change place. Those boys are going to have some interesting stories to tell their kids about grandpa...
I'm not their grandpa, lol. I'm there dad!

I went to the farmers market to buy plants for my garden. They came along cause they wanted ice cream. They each got a little bit of money for Easter and it's been burning a hole in their pockets ever since.

So long as it's uncommon, I don't think a treat like that is so bad in the morning. Can't recall any other time they've had ice cream in the morning, but not a biggy IMO.

Level 8

Location hidden

#35658 Apr 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>If it's homemade ice cream, it would be worth it. I'd go--and I don't even like ice cream. there's a place about 100 miles south of us called Lanes Packing. It's a huge peach orchard and they ship all over the place. anyway, they make the best homemade peach ice cream ever. Don't think I'd make a special trip that far, but we pass by on our way to FL, and it's a nice side trip.
It's not homemade, but some of it is locally made. They have about 40 flavors to choose from, tho.

The farmers market is only about 5 minutes from my house. So it's not a big trip for me.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#35659 Apr 8, 2013
Good morning, Lady J and all. Sorta sluggish today, as I didn't rest well for some reason last night. My dog has a hard time getting comfortable, and he kept wanting in and out. He tangled with a squirrel, and somehow broke, or injured a dew claw pretty bad, and if he bumps it, he hollers in pain. I have an appointment for him, but can't get one before Fri. I have some pain meds for him that helps some, but it really makes him lethargic, and he's usually hyper. Poor little feller. I'll bet he won't chase a squirrel again (until he finds one). Y'all have a good'n.

Level 8

Location hidden

#35660 Apr 8, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Good morning, Lady J and all. Sorta sluggish today, as I didn't rest well for some reason last night. My dog has a hard time getting comfortable, and he kept wanting in and out. He tangled with a squirrel, and somehow broke, or injured a dew claw pretty bad, and if he bumps it, he hollers in pain. I have an appointment for him, but can't get one before Fri. I have some pain meds for him that helps some, but it really makes him lethargic, and he's usually hyper. Poor little feller. I'll bet he won't chase a squirrel again (until he finds one). Y'all have a good'n.
A squirrel got the best of him!

Level 8

Location hidden

#35661 Apr 8, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin', Cov.
I grow 6 different kinds of peppers from hot to sweet
Straight neck squash, crooked neck squash, butternut squash.
Watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkins
Beans, Peas, Beets, Carrots.
Tomatoes
I got everything planted this weekend and drips run to all the plants. Fabric barrier down where no plants are and covered all of it with pine needles. Should be practically no maintenance from year in, year out, from not on.
I'm growing a couple kinds of lettuce too.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#35663 Apr 8, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Next friday? geeze, that's a long wait to get to a vet. Poor guy

“Who really cares?”

Level 10

Hopefully many.

#35664 Apr 8, 2013
Greetings Sublime, Perf and Rose of T!

I typed out a lengthy response and it went "poof".

Not sure if I have the heart to duplicate. Feeling shabby today.

Troy-bilt, shop for a new vet, and walk on the right side, were the highlights.

Best to y'all! J

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#35665 Apr 8, 2013
Junket wrote:
Good morning, Perse!
Ricky, price you pay for having a blast. What's in your wallet, today?
A lot of receipts and IOU's, you're more than welcome to take them off my hands?

Anyone?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#35666 Apr 8, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Sublime, Perf and Rose of T!
I typed out a lengthy response and it went "poof".
Not sure if I have the heart to duplicate. Feeling shabby today.
Troy-bilt, shop for a new vet, and walk on the right side, were the highlights.
Best to y'all! J
I've found that while making a long post, do a copy in the middle somewhere so you can paste it if you need to, it does help.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#35667 Apr 8, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Good morning, Lady J and all. Sorta sluggish today, as I didn't rest well for some reason last night. My dog has a hard time getting comfortable, and he kept wanting in and out. He tangled with a squirrel, and somehow broke, or injured a dew claw pretty bad, and if he bumps it, he hollers in pain. I have an appointment for him, but can't get one before Fri. I have some pain meds for him that helps some, but it really makes him lethargic, iand he's usually hyper. Poor little feller. I'll bet he won't chase a squirrel again (until he finds one). Y'all have a good'n.
How's your dog doing now Perfessor?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#35668 Apr 8, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>At the things you learn when you don't do chemicals.
Nice Huh?! lol

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#35669 Apr 8, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Nice Huh?! lol
If you only knew.
Not that you don't.
I'm very grateful.

“Who really cares?”

Level 10

Hopefully many.

#35670 Apr 9, 2013
Ruby Tuesday! Time to shine and rise.

“Just for me”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#35671 Apr 9, 2013
Good morning, sleepy babies! Coffee's on and the bobs are hot and fresh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you want to Argue over Anything ? Do it here ! (Jun '11) 17 min -Lea- 3,355
A New & Fun ... WORD GAME 59 min Bree_Z 29
Another Place to Say HELLO (Jan '13) 1 hr corbor70 2,665
Find The Changes 2 hr Sean Lee 46
Close Up Contest 11 hr Ricky F 175
Have You Ever Been Shadow Banned?... (Aug '11) 11 hr Bree_Z 268
Word association game (Sep '12) 17 hr Honest Babe 889
More from around the web