Acolytes of Junket

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#35526 Apr 2, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, covcas ... that is an EXCELLENT idea ... you should patent it ... goodness, those electric burners at Yankee Candle cost $19.99. I know because I bought one weekend before last ... then you buy the little floater things that you crush and put in them for the smell which cost IDK, I don't remember ... but your idea is much less expensive ... never thought about it ... the coffee cup warmer isn't going to break the candle glass because it doesn't break the coffee cup ... wow, brilliant idea ... I'll give you a bright yellow light bulb, too! Good day to you, covcas! FC <3 ...
And they're about $5 or less at WalMart. We used to like to have candles going, but when the little one got big enough to walk around, we didn't want the flames anymore

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#35527 Apr 2, 2013
Top of the morning, FC!

Our Cov always has good ideas. I think there is a coffee mug warmer in my house ... somewhere.

Ricky, my first post went poof. Not sure why, since it was my usual style greeting.

I was just getting used to seasonal temps, when the uncooperative weather decided to frost my happy with cool 40F. On a bright note, warmer is anticipated for Thursday. Yay!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#35528 Apr 2, 2013
My post went poof too.

I'll try it again:

Mornin' everyone.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#35529 Apr 2, 2013
Morning everyone

Junket, a couple of weeks ago the Bed Bath and Beyond in my town had candle warmers on sale for $2.99.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35530 Apr 2, 2013
Greetings Sublime and Dazzling!

Not sure what's up with that Sublime. Perhaps we were caught in the spam filter.

BB&B - I'll keep it mind. Really dislike the idea of tossing a perfectly fine candle. I'm assuming the candle warmers don't care about wicks? We don't often light - pets are unpredictable at best. While I like the scent, it's possible I might leave a fire hazard unattended. Learned my lesson the hard way in '02.(Burner on - Junket elsewhere in the house. Very scary close call.)

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35531 Apr 3, 2013
Has the humping and grinding begun?
Top of the morning, all.
Looks like it's going to be another quiet day.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#35532 Apr 3, 2013
Good morning, sleepy babies. time to rise and shine and get humping!

GtarMan
Level 8

Since: Mar 13

Parkersburg, WV

#35533 Apr 3, 2013
Morning all

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35534 Apr 3, 2013
Morning Gtar and Cov!

When it's cold outside, I've the month of May.
Positive thinking. That's the ticket.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#35535 Apr 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
Morning Gtar and Cov!
When it's cold outside, I've the month of May.
Positive thinking. That's the ticket.
Well, have this cup of coffee to help warm up this morning! I think the rain is supposed to me moving in later today for us. and I was so loving the sunshine and 70's temps of yesterday. Think I'll pout for a while and see if that does me any good.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#35536 Apr 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
Has the humping and grinding begun?
Top of the morning, all.
Looks like it's going to be another quiet day.
*gasp*

The what?

;-)

Good morning, beautiful.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35537 Apr 3, 2013
Morning Perse! I'm still waking up. Terrible funk yesterday, but I intend to turn over a new leaf today.

Lady C! You could try pouting, but that hasn't worked for me in years. The last time I stuck my lower lip out, my husband told me I looked ridiculous. He said it lovingly, though.
:-)

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#35538 Apr 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
Morning Perse! I'm still waking up. Terrible funk yesterday, but I intend to turn over a new leaf today.
Lady C! You could try pouting, but that hasn't worked for me in years. The last time I stuck my lower lip out, my husband told me I looked ridiculous. He said it lovingly, though.
:-)
New spring leaves!

Level 8

Location hidden

#35539 Apr 3, 2013
Mornin' all.

I don't see nothing wrong, with a little hump and grind.:-)

Last day off, then back to the ranch I go! Weekend will be here soon, thoug, and it is looking to be nice. I think I will try to get most of my plants in the garden. Looks like frost should be over with.

Baking cookies with my son. I took them to the store yesterday to spend some of their Easter $, and my one son wanted cookies.

Yesterday, I also bought a sissy bar for my bike, so Bambi will have a back rest. It's a quick release one. So I can just pop it on when I have a passenger and leave it off when I don't.

Have a good one!

Alain is Vain

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35540 Apr 3, 2013
+++++

good morning junket ...
how is the lady of the house today

)~~+~~(

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35541 Apr 3, 2013
Greetings Russsh and Sublime!

I'm doing tickety-boo, today.(Not really, but I'm working on improving my mood.)

I didn't know those were called sissy bars. Huh.
There are some bike riders in my family. I try to keep quiet, but they scare me. The terrain where I live is far from level and many of the drivers on the road are nutso.

I had a friend who used to tool around on her bike until she was hit by a senior citizen. She didn't use the word "senior citizen" - TOS prevents me from quoting her verbatim. She wasn't interested in replacing the bike and ended up buying a Volvo. Claimed they were safer than most vehicles. She's been gone for a few years now - I miss her.

Level 8

Location hidden

#35542 Apr 3, 2013
Junket wrote:

I'm doing tickety-boo, today.(Not really, but I'm working on improving my mood.)

There are some bike riders in my family. I try to keep quiet, but they scare me. The terrain where I live is far from level and many of the drivers on the road are nutso.

I had a friend who used to tool around on her bike until she was hit by a senior citizen. She didn't use the word "senior citizen" - TOS prevents me from quoting her verbatim. She wasn't interested in replacing the bike and ended up buying a Volvo. Claimed they were safer than most vehicles. She's been gone for a few years now - I miss her.
We all die, Lady J. Some of us never live, though.

You can do everything to avoid risk, hide in a shell, fear what will eventually come to all of us, and yet there still are no guarantees (as your friend's life illustrates), or you can live life on your terms and enjoy the ride while it lasts. I choose the latter.

Bambi was afraid at first too. After her first ride with me she told me she feels safe with me. I started riding motorcycles when I was 6 or 7. The vast majority of riders don't have that advantage. So it's natural to me. Despite this, there are no guarantees in riding or in life. There are ways to ride to mitigate the risks, however.

Level 8

Location hidden

#35543 Apr 3, 2013

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

United States

#35544 Apr 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings and Salutations Ms Junket.

Seems that there's a real drive (pun?) in LA to get people out of cars and onto bikes. We are even seeing the addition of bike lanes popping up. So much more preferable to those who choose to ride their bikes on the sidewalks. It seems I spend a fair amount of time dodging bikes, skate boarders and pit bulls during the simple act of walking down to the grocery store and back. One less sidewalk participant to contend with is good news for me.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35545 Apr 3, 2013
Greetings Rose of T!

Bike trails/lanes are a wonderful idea. It's motorcycles that scare me. Sublime is correct. Cotton wool protection isn't the answer. Might as well live in a bubble.

Sublime, it's not your skill at the helm that would trouble me. It's the lack of civility on the road. My friend had her accident many years ago. There are more drivers now and quite a few are either in their golden years or on the brink. You could be squashed before you even had a chance to react. 4000 pounds versus ?

Okay. Glad I got that out of my system. I won't mention again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 7 min Rickster-- 6,556
Word association game (Sep '12) 19 min MEd 2,851
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 12 hr Princess Hey 1,195
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 13 hr Princess Hey 596
play last word! (Aug '12) 14 hr So_da_lish_us 355
Looking to show off on skype to men 16 hr fictionw0000rthy 1
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 19 hr Emerald Jewel 8,223