Acolytes of Junket

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#35208 Mar 25, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and old key to disk machines. Old manual typewriters, big huge disk drives with diskpacks that weighed more than me. Very stone age!
That brings back memories. I remember thinking I was in hog heaven when I landed my first 'office job' as keypunch operator. It didn;t take long for me to tire of that, I'm telling you. Don't think I've had anything that boring since. That was 53 years ago; lots of changes in technology.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#35209 Mar 25, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>That brings back memories. I remember thinking I was in hog heaven when I landed my first 'office job' as keypunch operator. It didn;t take long for me to tire of that, I'm telling you. Don't think I've had anything that boring since. That was 53 years ago; lots of changes in technology.
I hated those machines with a passion. I can still do a number on a 10 key adding machine, though. I sure would hate to have to fall back on my data entry skills, though. That really is boring--no matter what method or mode.

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#35210 Mar 25, 2013
Greetings dear Perf. I remember first learning to type on a manual typewriter. I was 10 +/- and sent to summer classes to keep me "out of trouble". There was also an Evelyn Wood speed reading course.

If you've never experienced the joy of a manual typewriter, jolly good for you. Miserable. I did enjoy the speed reading. Might explain why, even today, I edit what I read and scan for the bottom line. Sometimes that's easy, other times, not so much. Some Topix posts are challenging...

Speaking of bottom line, I concede. Sublime wins Ricky's wallet. Perhaps I'll win it tomorrow.
:-)

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#35211 Mar 25, 2013
Yahoo! Monday! Morning, Lady J.

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

United States

#35212 Mar 25, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>That brings back memories. I remember thinking I was in hog heaven when I landed my first 'office job' as keypunch operator. It didn't take long for me to tire of that, I'm telling you. Don't think I've had anything that boring since. That was 53 years ago; lots of changes in technology.
Although computers were here, I caught the tail end of the "old school" printing process called "stripping." Back then they broke an image down into moray dots from four color negatives. The negs were photographed off a huge camera called a stat. The info is still around in your inks - cyan, magenta, yellow, black.

http://www.postprinting.com/index.cfm...

have a good one

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

United States

#35213 Mar 25, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings dear Perf. I remember first learning to type on a manual typewriter. I was 10 +/- and sent to summer classes to keep me "out of trouble". There was also an Evelyn Wood speed reading course.
If you've never experienced the joy of a manual typewriter, jolly good for you. Miserable. I did enjoy the speed reading. Might explain why, even today, I edit what I read and scan for the bottom line. Sometimes that's easy, other times, not so much. Some Topix posts are challenging...
Speaking of bottom line, I concede. Sublime wins Ricky's wallet. Perhaps I'll win it tomorrow.
Greetings and Salutations Ms Junket

why yes - blast from the past. Evelyne Wood. So you mastered the process? I went to a "free" seminar that they used to put out. I believe it would cost me 400 dollars to take the course so I skipped it.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#35215 Mar 25, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Although computers were here, I caught the tail end of the "old school" printing process called "stripping." Back then they broke an image down into moray dots from four color negatives. The negs were photographed off a huge camera called a stat. The info is still around in your inks - cyan, magenta, yellow, black.
http://www.postprinting.com/index.cfm...
have a good one
Yeah, there's sure been a lot of changes with all that. My first 'hands on' experience with screen printing was single color, onto transfer paper, then a heat press to apply to t-shirts. Now there's equipment available to print directly onto t-shirts any color of the rainbow, photos, etc. that you can imagine. It gave a complete new meaning to the term 'custom printed tees'. I don't think I would want to go back to the 'old ways' of doing stuff. Y'all have a good'n.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35216 Mar 25, 2013
Hello, Perse and Rose of T.

Lots of blasts from the past. I don't understand some of the exchanges - seems I missed out some good times.

Who started out with a Trash-80? I did, and at the time I was convinced it was a miracle. I would stare lovingly at the printer while it spit out perforated pages filled with text.{sigh}

Level 9

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#35217 Mar 25, 2013
Good afternoon Lady Junket, and friends. I was wandering through the threads and had to stop by and say hell-o.
I think I will actually play the game for old times sake.:P

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35218 Mar 25, 2013
MN, so lovely to see you! How be you? Last I remember you were recovering from a horrific clash wherein tractor was declared victor and man was sent to hospital.:-(

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#35220 Mar 26, 2013
Good morning, sleepy babies! another cold blustery day. Good thing I've got plenty of coffee! Time to take kidlets to school. Good to see Mr. Natural back with us. Thanks to those who propped me up this morning! I do believe I am all pointed up the day.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35221 Mar 26, 2013
Ruby Tuesday! Coffee with Cov, yay.
Thanks all for the props. <3

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#35223 Mar 26, 2013
Good morning

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#35225 Mar 26, 2013
Good morning everyone!!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#35226 Mar 26, 2013
Morning peaceful people.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#35228 Mar 26, 2013

good morning lady junket

Location hidden

#35229 Mar 26, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Morning peaceful people.

good morning miss persy

))>><<((

Location hidden

#35230 Mar 26, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Good morning everyone!!

good morning ricky
how about letting me show you
how to play some pool this morning ...lol

))>><<((

Location hidden

#35231 Mar 26, 2013
Dorian Pray wrote:
Morning

good morning kevin

))>><<((

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#35232 Mar 26, 2013
Greetings Kevin, Ricky and Perse.

Susan, showed up briefly. That was happy news.

The sad news is that she doesn't plan to linger.
:-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 2 hr Princess Hey 950
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 2 hr Princess Hey 7,125
Word association game (Sep '12) 2 hr Princess Hey 2,494
Post anything using the Letter M! (Aug '12) 2 hr Princess Hey 484
Topix Posters Music Thread 2 hr North Mountain 357
Straight guys who have had gay experiences. 6 hr Sexpanther 1
who wants to sext a beautiful, bodacious, busty... 6 hr Cybertronian Su-35 107
More from around the web