Acolytes of Junket

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#35019 Mar 19, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How fragile must one be if a color upsets them? I agree that it's all in one's personality.
Apricot sounds nice too. Celtic Linen is alright, but I would prefer it to be just a little darker brown. I'm more adverse to the lighter tans and off whites, for some reason. I think lighter colors work better in the green spectrum (maybe some sponged over darker green (that's how my dining room is and it looks nice) and the orange spectrum, such as apricot, like this:
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,203...
For reds and tans, I like them to be darker.
I'm afraid if I paint my house anytime soon my kids will just wreck it. Maybe in a few years if we don't move. I'd like more land and privacy.
Love that shade of apricot!
I have found that the darker tans work best if you have a very open floor plan with lots of light and flow from room to room. Or, you may end up with a drab room.
Another cool thing about bright, daring colors is you don't have to load your wall up with art just for the sake of having the room decorated. I won't hang something on my wall unless I love it, so some of my walls are simply blank until I can find (and afford) the art I want, or the mirror that's just right for that space. Meanwhile, the color is actually the art, particularly if you have a nice ceiling trim and baseboard painted in a lighter shade!
I've never done sponge painting.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#35020 Mar 19, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy Barbi! I find red stimulating. If I had my druthers, the washer/dryer would be red. Actually, I do have a choice in the future. I fired my husband - his replacement of appliances leave much to be desired by the end user. That is usually me!
There's so much soothing neutral in my house, that it's beginning to resemble a retirement home. Enough, I say! Time to give the house a spark. Who am I kidding. Even the replacement furniture is going to be a yawn. It will be comfortable.{yawn} Is anyone else feeling sleepy?
Golden Girls has been on the TV Land channel the past few nights. I really loved them. I gave Cov a link on her birthday to one of my favorites - Mr. Haha. Hope I catch it if they air it.
Oh my! 3333 - that's like the best hand ever! I'll wager Ricky's wallet again.
{Waves to Perse!}
Actually, my brother and his wife own a red washer and dryer - the new front loading types. Or at least, they're new to me.
I love the Golden Girls so much that I was gifted with the set. My daughter and I watch it together whenever we can. We love it. It's interesting, however, to listen to what the younger generation has to say about that show - how unrealistic it was. Like, I heard my 23-year-old niece say, "Even Sophia got laid!" lol...but heck, it's only television.
I do remember the Mr. Haha episode!
:)

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#35021 Mar 19, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ONE room that begs to be painted. Unfortunately, it's the room that's loaded with things that may someday be useful... You would NOT believe the crappola. Boggles my mind, and some of it, I swear, I've never seen before in my life.
I always wanted to paint a room red. I know, tacky. But I love the color red. Maybe just one wall? Accent! Someone please say yes, go for it, Junket. Or talk me down. It's clear that I'm on the verge of losing what's left of my mind.
I've got a picture to show you that will make you change your mind on that. It'll take me a while to get it ready, but you will never want red again!

“In God we trust”

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#35022 Mar 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I've got a picture to show you that will make you change your mind on that. It'll take me a while to get it ready, but you will never want red again!
Sure

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#35023 Mar 20, 2013
Good morning sleepy babies! Rise and shine. I do believe it's hump day, so let the humping begin! Coffee's ready and bobs are on.

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#35024 Mar 20, 2013
Hump day and my coffee is here! Yay.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#35025 Mar 20, 2013
LOL. Hello Lady J.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#35026 Mar 20, 2013
-BabyLegs- wrote:
<quoted text>You got so excited you forgot an A?
Greetings
Hey BabyLegs, I almost had some frogLegs this past weekend, but instead had alligator, it was excellent!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#35027 Mar 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! It's paint, not wall paper. Although and it's just me, I think a textured wall paper in say a Dining Room, can be very pretty. I've only helped hang once or twice in my life. Painting, I'm fairly adept - a paper hanger, not so much. I had to be instructed carefully.:-)
Please tell me it doesn't look like the 3 Stooges hung it?

Lol!

Level 10

Location hidden

#35028 Mar 20, 2013
Top of the morning, Persephone!

unreals_dad

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#35029 Mar 20, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me it doesn't look like the 3 Stooges hung it?
Lol!
Ricky you forget so quick . It was the 5 stooges construction co. Curly , Larry , Moe , Dad n Ricky . Thats why I had 2 coolers full a beer added to the job price .

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#35030 Mar 20, 2013
Good morning, Ricky and Dad! Either of you care for some coffee this morning?

Level 10

Location hidden

#35031 Mar 20, 2013
Greetings Ricky and Dad!

Lucy decorates:

http://www.lucyfan.com/ilovelucy43.html

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#35032 Mar 20, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>Ricky you forget so quick . It was the 5 stooges construction co. Curly , Larry , Moe , Dad n Ricky . Thats why I had 2 coolers full a beer added to the job price .
lol, well if I hang wall paper it WOULD look like the stooges hung it, but the beer makes it worth it! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#35033 Mar 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
Good morning, Ricky and Dad! Either of you care for some coffee this morning?
I do Cov, thanks!!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#35034 Mar 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Ricky and Dad!
Lucy decorates:
http://www.lucyfan.com/ilovelucy43.html
LMAO, yep that's dad's kinda work alright lol

5550....Bets my Topix identity and new wallet!

Alain is Vain

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35035 Mar 20, 2013
+++++

good morning lady junket
how is the lady of the house today

)~~+~~(

Level 10

Location hidden

#35036 Mar 20, 2013
Howdy Russsh!
This lady is tickety-boo, how about yourself kind sir?

“Nothing Is”

Since: Mar 13

As It Seems

#35037 Mar 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Thanks, I think, KP. Actually, don't know of a Hobby Lobby nearby - wasn't there some sort of dispute with them recently?
A wood or vine wreath is not a bad idea. Had one (vine) style that cost a bit and looked pretty good for the first year. The second year there was less of it and by the third year it was a mere shadow of its former self. Evidently birds were taking it apart piece by piece for their nests? That's the theory - I was not an eye witness - hearsay.
I cannot begin to imagine what my neighbors would do to me if I hung a Bud sign. Probably show up with torches/pitchforks, report me for promoting underage drinking, or have me cited for blight.
:D
Hobby Lobby protested the contraception mandate in President Obama's healthcare law. The Green family, who owns Hobby Lobby, is very religious and are planning to open a Bible Museum in Washington DC in 2016.

"The Green Collection, which will be showcased at the museum in Washington, has become the world's largest private collection of rare biblical texts and artifacts since Green's first purchase in November 2009.

"We didn't buy them because we're collectors; we bought them because we wanted to tell the Bible story," Green said, reflecting a sense of ministry from more than 25 years of placing God first in the family business."

They are never opened on Sunday in order to allow their 22,000 employees and customers more time for worship and family. I like the place because of the 40% off coupon every week in the local paper and their great selection of models and trains. It's a great place to find gifts for girlfriends too. It makes them think you're sensitive or something.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#35038 Mar 20, 2013
Sup?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Snapchats! 1 min Biguykik 25
Word association game (Sep '12) 49 min -Prince- 1,541
Dirty k ik 3 hr fhgdhj 4
Bad perv wanted 3 hr filthy slut 4
women are proud enough of their body to wear a... 9 hr Showing her 2 3
Phonesex with an older guy***girls only*** 11 hr bigdaddy511 2
Gay/bi ki ks 11 hr Bigbob93 2
More from around the web