Comments
32,901 - 32,920 of 41,125 Comments Last updated 20 hrs ago
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#34980 Mar 19, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>

Now, about those judgeits...can you leave them alone?
I guess not. Look at you go :b

As long as you're around, there will never be peace.
You've pissed off too many people.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#34982 Mar 19, 2013
Junket wrote:
Good morning, GM and Sublime!
I need input. Would it look tacky if I hung a huge indoor/outdoor clock on my house. It would face the street. Without the huge Christmas wreath, the area looks naked and I feel compelled to dress it.
Decorative concrete block - or what about crafted screen? Check these out

http://www.crestviewdoors.com/order/redi-scre...

Then of course, these designs may be completely inappropriate for your home.

Frank Lloyde Wright suggest vines

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34983 Mar 19, 2013
Graphics Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone would go for that offer! LOL
No doubt. I'd be like, thanks, but no thanks ... I think I'd rather drop $20 bucks for my own pizza and beer and enjoy it in the confines of my climate controlled house, next to my remote control rather than bust my a$s all day and sweat working in your yard for free beer and pizza.

I think that offer only works with hobos.

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#34984 Mar 19, 2013
Greetings Perf, SB, Mia and Rose of T!

The "clock" would have to be HUGE. That's if I can find one - something at least 50" in diameter. If not a clock, something else that's at least as big. Uncle Google has not been my friend this day.

One would think that buying (soon) new furniture would appease my nesting instincts. Not so. I'm on a roll. I'm thinking about an overhead kitchen fan, too. Someone please stop me. I seem to be out of control.:-)

Level 8

Location hidden

#34985 Mar 19, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes :)
( You always know with Ferr...he makes jokes!)
Thanks for giving me a "hand" with my question.

;)
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#34987 Mar 19, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are YOU being sarcastic?:)
I would never ask my friends to help me with that. I'm pretty sure they don't want to take time out of their life to help me work on my yard. It's not exactly fun.
All I said was---the more people that can help you the better.
How is that being sarcastic?
I have a few brothers....they usually help us....and if they can't help us, we hire someone.
No big deal.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34988 Mar 19, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
All I said was---the more people that can help you the better.
How is that being sarcastic?
I have a few brothers....they usually help us....and if they can't help us, we hire someone.
No big deal.
I just don't know anyone who would enthusiastically want to come over and slave away in my yard doing landscaping out of the kindness of their heart. Given that I know no one REALLY wants to do that, I wouldn't ask them.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34989 Mar 19, 2013
IN terms of hiring landscaping out. I think it is vastly overpriced. I dropped around 70k on landscaping and an irrigation system on my property in CO. After that experience, I would rather have more money to save and do it myself for a fraction of the cost. It's not too bad if you just rent the equipment you need to make the job easy and do it yourself.
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#34991 Mar 19, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't know anyone who would enthusiastically want to come over and slave away in my yard doing landscaping out of the kindness of their heart. Given that I know no one REALLY wants to do that, I wouldn't ask them.
I would never ask for that kind of help from just anyone.
It's family. They help us, we help them.
That's just the way it is in our family.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#34992 Mar 19, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap. You could open your own tequila distillery with just one of those.
Whats really hard - besides the spikes? the sap. It's an irritant.

I think the one that Knight Pirate put up is the true Tequila agave. I guess mine is called a Century plant. It puts up a stalk that is as high as a telephone pole. Full of yellow flowers that the humming bird go nuts for. Then it takes about two years for it to fall over (the whole plant dies but leaves a ton of pups that start showing up under the dead mass.) What is interesting though, is finding all the crap people have thrown in there over the years. Bricks from now defunct LA brick companies, old bottles etc.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#34993 Mar 19, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you were.
Haha...they let you back?? Who are you kidding? You never left!
Now, about those judgeits...can you leave them alone?
Good morning Mia _ I've noticed how the name three things thread has been getting more action. We even managed to bring Tom Poopass over to yell at us

lol

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#34994 Mar 19, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Your family is way more kinder then mine. I WISH I could get my brother to help me out. 6 4" of testerone, and not a drop to help his poor sister out.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34995 Mar 19, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a nice family. My bros would laugh at me. I'd laugh at them too. It would be one thing if any of us were in real need, but landscaping is more of a luxury.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34996 Mar 19, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats really hard - besides the spikes? the sap. It's an irritant.
I think the one that Knight Pirate put up is the true Tequila agave. I guess mine is called a Century plant. It puts up a stalk that is as high as a telephone pole. Full of yellow flowers that the humming bird go nuts for. Then it takes about two years for it to fall over (the whole plant dies but leaves a ton of pups that start showing up under the dead mass.) What is interesting though, is finding all the crap people have thrown in there over the years. Bricks from now defunct LA brick companies, old bottles etc.
You probably mock puny dandelions after having to deal with something like that growing in your yard.
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#34997 Mar 19, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Mia _ I've noticed how the name three things thread has been getting more action. We even managed to bring Tom Poopass over to yell at us
lol
Haha...when *isn't* he yelling about something?
That guy needs to relax.
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#34998 Mar 19, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a nice family. My bros would laugh at me. I'd laugh at them too. It would be one thing if any of us were in real need, but landscaping is more of a luxury.
Yeah...they *are* nice....but...we also have something the other wants. Our pool and golf membership vs. their boat and vacation home. We're a bunch of users :b

“Nothing Is”

Since: Mar 13

As It Seems

#34999 Mar 19, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Perf, SB, Mia and Rose of T!
The "clock" would have to be HUGE. That's if I can find one - something at least 50" in diameter. If not a clock, something else that's at least as big. Uncle Google has not been my friend this day.
One would think that buying (soon) new furniture would appease my nesting instincts. Not so. I'm on a roll. I'm thinking about an overhead kitchen fan, too. Someone please stop me. I seem to be out of control.:-)
An exterior clock over 4 feet in diameter is going to limit your choices. You could probably have a woodworker or iron craftsman custom make something for you. If you want tacky put up a large digital time and temperature like at the bank. You could use it to wish the neighbors happy birthday or warn them to stay the hell off the lawn. Another option would be a large wind chime or wreath. Many craft stores like Hobby Lobby sell wooden wreaths you can add seasonal flower to. As a last resort hang a Budweiser sign and serve drinks until you pay off the furniture.

Level 8

Location hidden

#35002 Mar 19, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...they *are* nice....but...we also have something the other wants. Our pool and golf membership vs. their boat and vacation home. We're a bunch of users :b
Now the truth comes out, lol.

Level 8

Location hidden

#35003 Mar 19, 2013
Congrats on the new furniture, Junket.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#35005 Mar 19, 2013
KnightPirateDeux wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a truck you have a real problem. Those things are huge! Maybe you could get someone from the Navy or Air Force to fly by and level them. How close can you get a truck to those things Rose?
This is what Rose could use to clear them out:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Y'all have a good'n.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 42 min Richard Barlow 18,457
i really need a woman or a lady to have a long ... 44 min Richard Barlow 7
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' 47 min Richard Barlow 47
Antoinette Soto Model 1 hr Richard Barlow 11
Word association game (Sep '12) 2 hr Alf 719
10 years on, Michael Moore's Farenheit 911 is m... 5 hr mind your own 2
the bullshit 1997 THEN ON 6 hr EX WORKER 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••