“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34936 Mar 18, 2013
-BabyLegs- wrote:
<quoted text>hehehe
I totally want a new toy!

I had the trencher tool last year for the dingo (ran some drain tile) and it cut through the ground like "buddah."

Way easier than using a standard trencher. I had to use one of those in IL when i ran power out to my horse barn (when it was built the half a$s contractor just ran romex out under ground, which eventually failed ... I reran wiring (220v) properly inside electrical PVC).

I don't recall trenching being nearly as easy as with the dingo. About 10 feet from the house I had to dig everything by hand cause we had various utility lines in that area.

It was all black earth everywhere, except where i had to dig by hand, lol, it was clay ... I had to dig about 4 -5 feet down too cause my circuit breaker was in the basement. Hammer drill through the concrete. It took me like 6 hours of working like a tank just to do that small part.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34937 Mar 18, 2013
Lagoon Dweller wrote:
<quoted text>SSDD
I hear ya!

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34938 Mar 18, 2013
Hey Ricky, did you see the Blackhawks put up a snowman (8 goals) on your stars Saturday night?

I'm getting ready to watch 'en play the avalanche.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#34939 Mar 18, 2013
You guys have a lot of fun with these things. Do you have to call the local utilities to clear with them first?
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally want a new toy!
I had the trencher tool last year for the dingo (ran some drain tile) and it cut through the ground like "buddah."
Way easier than using a standard trencher. I had to use one of those in IL when i ran power out to my horse barn (when it was built the half a$s contractor just ran romex out under ground, which eventually failed ... I reran wiring (220v) properly inside electrical PVC).
I don't recall trenching being nearly as easy as with the dingo. About 10 feet from the house I had to dig everything by hand cause we had various utility lines in that area.
It was all black earth everywhere, except where i had to dig by hand, lol, it was clay ... I had to dig about 4 -5 feet down too cause my circuit breaker was in the basement. Hammer drill through the concrete. It took me like 6 hours of working like a tank just to do that small part.
Call some buddies and promise them beer!

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34940 Mar 18, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>You guys have a lot of fun with these things. Do you have to call the local utilities to clear with them first?Call some buddies and promise them beer!
I dunno about fun. I would have much rather teared it up like Ricky this weekend. It's hard work, but there's a sense of accomplishment when you complete projects and your yard looks nice. I don't mind hard work and I'm kind of particular in terms of how I want things done. Best way to make sure it's done RIGHT the first time is to do it yourself, IME.

I called the utilities when I rented the dingo with the trencher and bucket last year. From that, I knew there no lines in my back yard. So I didn't call them this time. Otherwise I definitely would have called

I don't call friends for any help unless whatever i am doing absolutely requires more than one person to do the job. I wouldn't put my friends through that.

It's one thing if its my property ... I'll bust my as$ for that, but to be honest I wouldn't wanna work that hard for someone else's property either unless they absolutely needed two folks to do a job. I figure they all feel the same as I do.

I can pretty much do everything on my own. If I need a hand for something simple for a few minutes, I have Bambi too.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34941 Mar 18, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno about fun. I would have much rather teared it up like Ricky this weekend. It's hard work, but there's a sense of accomplishment when you complete projects and your yard looks nice. I don't mind hard work and I'm kind of particular in terms of how I want things done. Best way to make sure it's done RIGHT the first time is to do it yourself, IME.

I called the utilities when I rented the dingo with the trencher and bucket last year. From that, I knew there no lines in my back yard. So I didn't call them this time. Otherwise I definitely would have called

I don't call friends for any help unless whatever i am doing absolutely requires more than one person to do the job. I wouldn't put my friends through that.

It's one thing if its my property ... I'll bust my as$ for that, but to be honest I wouldn't wanna work that hard for someone else's property either unless they absolutely needed two folks to do a job. I figure they all feel the same as I do.

I can pretty much do everything on my own. If I need a hand for something simple for a few minutes, I have Bambi too.
Tore it up, lol. Teared isn't a word. <face palm>

:D

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34942 Mar 18, 2013
Hawks up 4-1. This one is pretty much in the bag.

:)

Night, Perse.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#34943 Mar 18, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#34944 Mar 19, 2013
Good morning, sleepy babies! All is calm here after last night's storms. Winds, hail, thunder and lightning. It was wicked for a while. No damage at my house and I guess I'll see when I go out to take kidlets to school if there was any damage to the neighborhood. Coffee's on and bobs are ready.

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#34945 Mar 19, 2013
Ruby Tuesday! Snow and sleet. Forever winter in CT.
Thank you, Lady C. <3

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#34946 Mar 19, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't shake much with a dingo. Way easier than a traditional tiller.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Didn't know you could till with one of those, how much did it rent for?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34947 Mar 19, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Sue, I think of myself as practical. If you can love what you do, AND get paid, kudos to you!$66,000 sounds like good incentive to me. Don't waste time chatting, get thee behind a whatchamacallit slate covered table and shoot. Shoot again. Keep shooting or whatever you call it until you are better than good, but best.
Wow. Reminds me of an episdoe from the Twilight Zone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =N0iXODUwlrUXX
Maybe not. Perhaps very good, is good enough.:-)
lol

Sounds like we need to get Junket into the pool room for a little one on one action (bring money) lol!

Samonis felt is the preferred choice for the tables, I like a extra thick slate as the cue ball jumps off it better in a jump shot, I also prefer a larger table either 8' or 9' in length as opposed to the smaller 7' table we have to play on a lot. I play because I love it and money is bonus, but I have a friend who doesn't work and will drive 60 miles to win some little $60-$80 tournament and that's just not cost effective to me, he plays for a living (or try's to), I have a job and play for the love of it.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34948 Mar 19, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Hello LG. Nice to see you here.
Greetings Lady J.
G morning Pers, I like your Avatar!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34949 Mar 19, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
How rude of me.....
Greeting and Salutations Ms Junket
The side table is painted, glued, grouted and done. More love hours then money can buy
You painted, glued, grouted the pool table?!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34950 Mar 19, 2013
Lagoon Dweller wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
Hey LD

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34951 Mar 19, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno about fun. I would have much rather teared it up like Ricky this weekend. It's hard work, but there's a sense of accomplishment when you complete projects and your yard looks nice. I don't mind hard work and I'm kind of particular in terms of how I want things done. Best way to make sure it's done RIGHT the first time is to do it yourself, IME.
I wish I had tore it up, I played well, but the other guy played better lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34952 Mar 19, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my...
That's wht she said!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34953 Mar 19, 2013
what

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NRA doesn,t care about keeping people SAFE 1 hr Bob 4
Letís Start Blaming the Parents 1 hr Bob 1
Has anyone ever had lesbian sex with there daug... 2 hr Square One Man 6
Post anything using the Letter M! (Aug '12) 4 hr So_da_lish_us 625
Word association game (Sep '12) 6 hr So_da_lish_us 2,671
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 6 hr So_da_lish_us 1,106
Game---"Make a Sentence" (Mar '12) 6 hr So_da_lish_us 4,308
More from around the web