Acolytes of Junket

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#34679 Mar 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
TGIF, FC!
There's always tomorrow for dreams to come true. Someone recently told me that the new Disney films inspire girls to be all they can be. Meanwhile, the latest Politix survey shows that the majority feel men are being emasculated.(Taking license with the wording - I only glanced briefly and promptly forgot because I was silently laughing.)
What's up with that??? Does that mean women are less dependent and are able to screw in a lightbulb, take out the papers/trash, mow a lawn, and even {gasp} kill a bug without fainting?
Honestly do not understand why men would feel their role in society is being diminished or worse denigrated. Another Politix poll suggested that boys and girls are now being educated differently with the focus on females. Get OUT! I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around that - truly.
Am looking forward to reading tomorrow's Politix poll. Perhaps it will center on the pay discrepancy being highly trained and well compensated professionals v minimal skilled workers and the unfairness of it all.
Mom always told me, life is not fair. She's right, it's not. Gotta work with the hand dealt.
1524 - straight? I wins! I wins!
Morning, Junket ... Women are more independent and self sufficient these days and less dependent on men, are making more money than men ... Women, IMHO, always had the mindset and intelligence to compete with man it was the stigma of keeping the woman barefoot and pregnant that prevented them ... How crazy was that ... Look at the women who broke that barrier ... and still are ... good for them ... We've come a long way, baby! LOL ...

Enjoy your day with family and friends! FC <3 ...

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#34680 Mar 10, 2013
Top of the morning, FC!

I don't understand why some men seem to feel threatened by industrious women. There's enough room at the table for everyone to carve their own piece of pie.

I'm with Cov on DST. It's throwing me off kilter. Already 8:00 and I've done very little. Dishwasher won't empty itself and the sheets won't move themselves into the dryer.

1471 - What have I got? I'll wager the cat that for whatever reason won't shutup. Meowing like crazy. Food/water not the issue. I'm stumped.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#34681 Mar 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning, FC!
I don't understand why some men seem to feel threatened by industrious women. There's enough room at the table for everyone to carve their own piece of pie.
I'm with Cov on DST. It's throwing me off kilter. Already 8:00 and I've done very little. Dishwasher won't empty itself and the sheets won't move themselves into the dryer.
1471 - What have I got? I'll wager the cat that for whatever reason won't shutup. Meowing like crazy. Food/water not the issue. I'm stumped.
Good morning, lady J and all. I clicked 'reply' just a few minutes after you made this comment. Just woke up, with a stiff neck, and the reply hasn't been typed. Hope that wasn't caused by the sun not being up at the time Rain is moving in, so I don't expect to see any sunshine today. Y'all have a good'n.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34682 Mar 10, 2013
Greetings dear Perf!
Stiff neck? Sir, I won't presume to lecture you regarding safety in bedtime athletic adventure. Often that falls on deaf ears.
:-)

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34683 Mar 10, 2013
Hi junket and everyone. Busy few days...

Spring is in the air. Gonna change my transmission and engine oil on my bike, buy a rototiller, and try to get the garden worked and some grass seed down.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34684 Mar 10, 2013
Howdy, Sublime!

Watching melting snow. Currently 50, feels nice in the sun. Won't have to worry about the garden for a month, maybe more. Have fun!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#34685 Mar 10, 2013
Hey guys!

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#34686 Mar 10, 2013
Evening Junket!

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#34687 Mar 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Hey guys!
Hey Ricky

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34688 Mar 11, 2013
Monday, Monday. Can't trust that day.
Where's my coffee?
Thank you, Kevin and Ricky. <3

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34689 Mar 11, 2013
Good morning everyone!

Monday's gonna be a long one today with the time change, J you are right! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34690 Mar 11, 2013

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34691 Mar 11, 2013
Top of the morning, Ricky!

Adjusting to the time change takes me a couple of days. Like others, I wish we would just split the difference by 1/2 hour and leave it alone.

I wonder where my coffee is today.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34692 Mar 11, 2013
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning, Ricky!
Adjusting to the time change takes me a couple of days. Like others, I wish we would just split the difference by 1/2 hour and leave it alone.
I wonder where my coffee is today.
Brings J hot coffee from Cov's diner...

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#34693 Mar 11, 2013
Good morning, Lady J and all. Reckon we should start a petition to have coffee ready by a certain time? I need coffee and benadryl this morning. I think I have an allergy to Daylight Savings Time. Something ain't right, for sure. Y'all have a good'n.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#34694 Mar 11, 2013
Junket wrote:
Monday, Monday. Can't trust that day.
Where's my coffee?
Thank you, Kevin and Ricky. <3
Coffee's right here. Had a busy morning so far. Hope it eases up. And thanks to you and the perfessor

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#34695 Mar 11, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Good morning, Lady J and all. Reckon we should start a petition to have coffee ready by a certain time? I need coffee and benadryl this morning. I think I have an allergy to Daylight Savings Time. Something ain't right, for sure. Y'all have a good'n.
Normally, I'm up early and have the coffee ready. Didn't happen this morning, and I was rushing around trying to get showered and dressed and get the little one up and dressed, too. I do not like driving in the dark!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34696 Mar 11, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
I second that!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#34697 Mar 11, 2013
This is a lovely old home that's now a bed and breakfast.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2013/ma...

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34698 Mar 11, 2013
Good morning, Perf and "about time" Lady C!
Lovely home. When I think of B&B's, my mind wanders back to "Newhart". Anyone else ever watch that show?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Delphi murders 28 min Peck404 3
Bi/Gay Skype 2 hr daddy 14
Pedaphile michael tod wortham 6 hr Zoo 1
Are white people being erased from the earth? (Nov '13) 8 hr Seduciary 90
wake up white people 12 hr Johnny 14
Shy girl 15 yrs old 17 hr George 11
WIDOWED DIVORCED , SINGLE or , MOM WITH TEENAG... 17 hr George 1
More from around the web