Acolytes of Junket

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#34617 Mar 6, 2013
Greetings Rose of T!

For the life of me I cannot recall the name of a poster that nourished orchids somewhere in Florida. I said they were fussy, she nicely stated that I had been ill informed. Beautiful, regardless.

No crocus yet. Should be soon. As of now, there's still snow on the ground, but the temps are becoming more favorable for renewed plant life.

If I had the wherewithal for any vacation overseas, London would top my list. Followed by Paris and Rome. Tropical islands would be after thoughts.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#34618 Mar 6, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Ricky, Kevin, Cov and FC!
Cup of Joe - no one seems to know how the expression originated. Possibly a shortened version of java?
7998 - I'll stand or hold? I never pokered.
Morning, Junket ...

7338 ... fold as you beat me with double 9's and 8 high ...

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34619 Mar 6, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Rose of T!
For the life of me I cannot recall the name of a poster that nourished orchids somewhere in Florida. I said they were fussy, she nicely stated that I had been ill informed. Beautiful, regardless.
No crocus yet. Should be soon. As of now, there's still snow on the ground, but the temps are becoming more favorable for renewed plant life.
If I had the wherewithal for any vacation overseas, London would top my list. Followed by Paris and Rome. Tropical islands would be after thoughts.
IMO, London is cool, Rome is cool too, and Paris is okay. My favorite of the 3 is probably Rome, because of all the history. I really liked the tower of London too and the Museum of Natural History. Paris was nice, but in terms of historical things it has a lot of art and Cathedrals. I saw so many Cathedrals and they are neat, but I prefer the historical (classical) aspects of Rome more so.

I used to feel the same as you do about tropical islands, but after having kids, just the ability of Bambi and me to wake up whenever we want, not have to take care of anyone, except ourselves, is so nice for a week or a little longer (I find a week is not long enough ... you are just getting into the vacation groove by the time you are 3 days there and are already counting the days until you have to go back and are thinking, this is too short ... I like 10 tens or two weeks)

What complements that is your ability to wake up most days with no particular plan (I don't like to schedule too many day trips one or maybe two at most), but having lots of options at the resort or elsewhere on the island, relaxing on a beautiful beach with a drink in hand, and going eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with just my wife. Truly not a care in the world.

I really used to think who the heck wants to sit on their butt all day at the beach, but after doing it the first time, I was like yeah, I love this. I still like more cultured and historic locations, but for recharging batteries, you can't beat an island.

We like the Secrets resorts (I don't know how they came up with the name "Secrets" ... it sounds like a nudest resort or worse, but it's not, lol) a lot.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34620 Mar 6, 2013
Heh, now I'm getting Jamaican vacation advertisements on topix, lol. Don't tempt me. I don't think Bambi has enough vacation time to get away for a week. Maybe next year.

I think this summer we are just going to do a few long weekends at the beaches in NC and SC and maybe a stay in the Smoky Mountains.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#34621 Mar 6, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Rose of T!
Ruby does orchids, I believe. she and another were posting about that along with greenhouses, etc.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34622 Mar 6, 2013
My folks like to go on cruises a lot, but I wouldn't want to be on the cruise ships timetable. It kind of runs counter to the whole relaxing purpose of a tropical vacation.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#34623 Mar 6, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
My folks like to go on cruises a lot, but I wouldn't want to be on the cruise ships timetable. It kind of runs counter to the whole relaxing purpose of a tropical vacation.
Maybe Carnival is running good deals right now? lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34624 Mar 6, 2013
Okay I know this is a little morbid and even though I never thought about this before hearing this song, this is the only song I ever thought about and decided I wanted it to be played someday at my funeral lol, it's a great song with great lyrics!

Pearl Jam - Just Breath

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#34625 Mar 6, 2013
*assembles Junket's part A. tickety...attempts to insert into part B -Boo*

*Gives up*

Howdy.
Backpedalling Kevin

Fullerton, CA

#34626 Mar 6, 2013

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#34627 Mar 6, 2013
Backpedalling Kevin wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/new s/topix/TCO87VVK7UD8KBG2U/p429 8#c102268
Lol nope

Desperate :-)

Level 8

Location hidden

#34628 Mar 6, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Carnival is running good deals right now? lol
I've heard that you haven't lived until you've experienced living like a refugee on a cruise ship with sewage running everywhere.

Blackhawks streak continues. Still no loss in regulation and they've won 11 in a row, which is a team record. Emery, their back up goalie is 10-0, which is an NHL record, too. Streaks within streaks.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#34629 Mar 7, 2013
Good morning, Sleepy babies. It's Thursday, one day closer to Friday. Rise and shine. Coffee's on and the bobs are ready.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34630 Mar 7, 2013
Top of the morning all!
Thank you, Lady C. <3

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34631 Mar 7, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard that you haven't lived until you've experienced living like a refugee on a cruise ship with sewage running everywhere.
Blackhawks streak continues. Still no loss in regulation and they've won 11 in a row, which is a team record. Emery, their back up goalie is 10-0, which is an NHL record, too. Streaks within streaks.
Nice streak!

Sad huh, you're on a ship in the middle of the sea and still there's sewage everywhere? WTH lol

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#34633 Mar 7, 2013
Thanks Lady J and Ricky. Have a great day!

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34634 Mar 7, 2013
Greetings Ricky!
That must have been one miserable Love Boat experience. Wonder if Carnival will be able to rebound.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34635 Mar 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Nice streak!
Sad huh, you're on a ship in the middle of the sea and still there's sewage everywhere? WTH lol
In a hot humid climate with no air conditioning to boot.

Morning, all.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34636 Mar 7, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Ricky!
That must have been one miserable Love Boat experience. Wonder if Carnival will be able to rebound.
You just know a few people were on their honeymoons lol

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles, CA

#34637 Mar 7, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
I've never been to Hawaii. I figure a tropical island is pretty much a tropical island. I'm pretty happy on any one of them. I like Jamaica.
The people are friendly, I've made friends with a local who takes us wherever we want to go for day trips (he tries to teach me Patwah, but Bambi's better at understanding it than me ... I'm always like huh and Bambi guesses what it means more times than not) and the black guys tell me "you look gangsta', mon." After the 2nd or 3rd guy said that to me, Bambi asked me why are these guys telling you that you look like a gangster, lol.
Wha goin', mon?
Greetings and Salutations Ms Junket

I've been to both the Hawaiian Islands and Jamaica, and can tell you from experience, they're not the same.

I had always put off Hawaii thinking of it as a tourist cliche - but I was really wrong. Each island has a different character. I went to the library and checked out books on the islands I'd be visiting (Maui-Hawaii and Kauai) rented a car and took off. Met natives that pointed me towards interesting areas, neighborhoods where the real Hawaiins lived, visited the observatories - and I really love the quilting technique applied to their handicrafts.

http://www.hawaiianquiltwholesale.com/media/n...

Although i enjoyed Jamaica, leave the resort, and your quickly reminded that your in a third world country. I stayed in Montego Bay, but got out and visited the interior by train (where those German made their home), Kingston, the waterfalls, caves where the first slaves hid during the slave revolt etc. But what I really remember is going out into the ocean and seeing a current(?) in front of me that was carrying toilet paper in it's stream down from the other beach front hotels. Yuck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cari teman cewek hypersex suka phonesex 3 hr Roy 3
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 3 hr Billy Stinkfinger 6,594
play last word! (Aug '12) 5 hr -Sprocket- 400
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 5 hr -Sprocket- 683
Word association game (Sep '12) 5 hr -Sprocket- 3,027
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 5 hr -Sprocket- 8,529
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 7 hr Princess Hey 1,247