Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34450 Feb 27, 2013
Junket wrote:
Howdy, Rose of T!
Lol. Looks like our vehicles will be temporarily inconvenienced. Thankfully, it's not snowing.
We may be the only home on the block that hasn't "finished" the basement. It's on the list. Way down. There's already too much to clean and while cleanliness is next to godliness or so I've heard, it's a thankless business. One in which I participate only grudgingly. Admire those that seem born to clean. I didn't get that gene.:-(
I think you can still open and close it manually, Lady J.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#34451 Feb 27, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Morning Ms Junket.
I'm glad you weren't in harms way when your spring sprung. Actually, me and my computer are in the line of fire. Converted the garage into a work area. The car can hang out 'rent free' in the street with all it's friends.
I used to know these two old ladies who were sisters and lived together in my apartments, well every time it rained they would move their car from the covered parking out into the street so the rain would wash their car, lol.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34452 Feb 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that was exactly the case when I first came on. People on here, more so than in real life are suspicious of motives. They sometimes presume the worst as well. Maybe it is the nature of the forum or maybe it is past experiences.
This is true!

When a newcomer shows up, a lot of people get suspicious and wonder if they are from the other group they don't get along with, I've had it happen to me.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#34453 Feb 27, 2013
Junket wrote:
Howdy, Rose of T!
Lol. Looks like our vehicles will be temporarily inconvenienced. Thankfully, it's not snowing.
We may be the only home on the block that hasn't "finished" the basement. It's on the list. Way down. There's already too much to clean and while cleanliness is next to godliness or so I've heard, it's a thankless business. One in which I participate only grudgingly. Admire those that seem born to clean. I didn't get that gene.:-(
LOL

Afternoon Lady Junket and friends.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that participates
grudgingly in the cleaning of the house.(and
the barn:)
I hate it! lol

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

our time is limited

#34454 Feb 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you can still open and close it manually, Lady J.
Tis true, Sir Sublime. However, this gal lacks the upper body strength to lift a double and rather heavy metal door unless the need to do so is urgent.

Not the end of the world and tomorrow a skilled tech will replace spring, be paid accordingly (gulp) and I'll eventually once again pursue my quest for furniture.:-)

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#34455 Feb 27, 2013
Greetings Arc!

Excuse me, but did I read "barn"? As in a place where animals are sheltered? Oh my! Not my cuppa. While I jokingly refer to my house as a pigsty on some days (you wouldn't believe what the inhabitants do); there's no way I could muck a stall. A gal's gotta know her limitations...
:-)

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#34456 Feb 27, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Arc!
Excuse me, but did I read "barn"? As in a place where animals are sheltered? Oh my! Not my cuppa. While I jokingly refer to my house as a pigsty on some days (you wouldn't believe what the inhabitants do); there's no way I could muck a stall. A gal's gotta know her limitations...
:-)
LOL

Yep barn.
We have 2 quarter horses....rescue animals.
My family has been working w/rescue horses
and dogs for more than 20yrs.
But I hire a young guy who comes a couple
of times a month and cleans out the barn really
well. I hate mucking stalls but have done it
plenty of times.
I would believe what your family does to the
house. I have 3 kids, 3 dogs and a husband and
father in law......none of which wipe their feet
or pick up after themselves. lol

Level 8

Location hidden

#34457 Feb 27, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Tis true, Sir Sublime. However, this gal lacks the upper body strength to lift a double and rather heavy metal door unless the need to do so is urgent.
Not the end of the world and tomorrow a skilled tech will replace spring, be paid accordingly (gulp) and I'll eventually once again pursue my quest for furniture.:-)
Doy, on my part ... I guess that's why they have the spring ... to make it easier to lift.

“Merry Christmas”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#34458 Feb 28, 2013
Good morning, Lady J. Hope this Thursday finds you fit as a fiddle and in fine spirits. I've got the coffee all ready.

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#34459 Feb 28, 2013
Top of the morning Cov and all! Fiddle fit be me.
Thank you, Lady C and Lady R. <3

“Merry Christmas”

Hookerville, GA

#34460 Feb 28, 2013
Thank you, Lady J and Lady R.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34461 Feb 28, 2013
Good morning Acolytes!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34462 Feb 28, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Afternoon Lady Junket and friends.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that participates
grudgingly in the cleaning of the house.(and
the barn:)
I hate it! lol
A simple match will take care of the barn! lol

“Merry Christmas”

Hookerville, GA

#34463 Feb 28, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Good morning Acolytes!
Good morning, Ricky!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34464 Feb 28, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, Ricky!
G morning Cov! How are you?

“Merry Christmas”

Hookerville, GA

#34465 Feb 28, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>G morning Cov! How are you?
I'm wonderful this morning. and you?

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#34466 Feb 28, 2013
Greetings Ricky!

I remember one of my first insults on Topix. A poster asked me if it was a slow day on the used car lot. I replied that I could only dream of some day working in the auto industry. We eventually became friendly, but it was a rough road for a time. Guess he thought I was a troll and I thought he was a meanie. Good times!

Level 8

Location hidden

#34467 Feb 28, 2013
Wassss happenin'?

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#34468 Feb 28, 2013
Howdy Sublime!
Slow day on my used car lot. What's up with you?
Scratch that. What's g-rated and new with you?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#34469 Feb 28, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings FC, Perf and Sublime!
Thanks for the tip, Colonel. I've downloaded that flash in the past and for whatever lousy reason it insists I use Chrome. Ricky gave me some tips on how to thwart Chrome, but I've yet to investigate.
FC, if you crave cold temps, plenty to spare in New England. Currently 43. Not bone chilling, mind you, but certainly not shorts/flip flop weather.
Perf, I'm with you on the baby piercing. It's a cultural tradition, so I suppose the child will be raised to assume it was done with excellent intentions.{shrug} At least no one to my knowledge is inking a child. I wouldn't waste any time calling CPS if that were to happen.
Sublime, calm yourself. No reason to get lathered in the middle of the day.
Susan!!! Sublime is misbehaving (again).
Morning, Junket ... it's okay ... I can wear shorts and flip-flops in our so called, "winter" ... it can last forever ... okay by me ... Have a great day, J! FC <3 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helicopter 2 hr kenken 11
What do you say about decreasing organ donation... 2 hr -Language Lady- 2
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 2 hr -Language Lady- 330
Another Place to Say HELLO (Jan '13) 2 hr -Language Lady- 2,655
+27747873933 developpe mens enlargement cream i... 4 hr Passing thru 3
Are divorced women attractive to men? 13 hr Uh huh 5
Zimbabwean kings 21 hr lol 6
More from around the web