Acolytes of Junket

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#34305 Feb 22, 2013
Junket wrote:
Kevin, an ice covered car reminds me to give thanks and praise to our garage. I remember the days - clearing the car was one thing, getting into the car was the first challenge.
I have a garage. It's just filled with some stuff that hasn't been collected yet.

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#34306 Feb 22, 2013
Greetings Sublime and Rose of T!

Wally World might as well be renamed Made in China.
It would be ducky to read that Wal-Mart treats their workers fairly and is now embracing "Made in America"; but their greed factor is a powerful force and they show no signs of slowing down.

Garage sale! We call them "tag sales" in CT. I would rather give my stuff to charity or leave it curbside with the word "free to good home". I wonder how many passerbys would be interested in my vintage wicker rocker that looks nice, but is murder to sit on.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#34307 Feb 23, 2013
Good morning, fair Lady J. Coffee is on and the bob's are ready. It's going to be a rainy day in the Peach state. Hope you aren't getting any snow today. Thank you to Lady R and the perfessor this morning. I 'preciate it.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34308 Feb 23, 2013
Top of the morning, Cov!

Nutmeg state is expecting 2 to 4 inches of s---, where I live.:-(

Thanks to you, Lady R and Perf, I'm set. <3

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34309 Feb 23, 2013
Was it something I said?
It's a heartache. It's a fools game.

One of the few I can open. Cannot depend on anyone. True.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34310 Feb 23, 2013
Cheer up, lady J. I will entertain you with some weird facts from the animal kingdom, if that will help?

<hugs to Junket>

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#34311 Feb 23, 2013
Junket wrote:
Was it something I said?
It's a heartache. It's a fools game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =h8VGQTtENSsXX
One of the few I can open. Cannot depend on anyone. True.
Sorry, Lady J. I've been mostly over on FB playing silly games. Came back to find a hungry gang at the diner. And I still have to sit down with the checkbook and pay some bills. I tell ya--a woman's work is never done. It's cold and nasty out and I don't want to go out to get groceries, but people at my house insist on eating. Sigh..

Level 8

Location hidden

#34312 Feb 23, 2013
Busy making brunch.(fresh diced potatoes, green peppers, onion, ham, and cheese ... Sausage ... Eggs ... Coffee)... Enjoy.

Slept in a bit today too. This past week, I was woken up one night cause of my son being sick and two times from dogs getting sick (they will bark to wake me up to tell me ... Lets just say when I hear barking dogs at 3:00 am I already know I have something to clean up before I even get out of bed).

After cleaning that stuff up, I couldn't fall back asleep any of those nights and got only about 4 hours of sleep and maybe 6 hours the other nights.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#34313 Feb 23, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Busy making brunch.(fresh diced potatoes, green peppers, onion, ham, and cheese ... Sausage ... Eggs ... Coffee)... Enjoy.
Slept in a bit today too. This past week, I was woken up one night cause of my son being sick and two times from dogs getting sick (they will bark to wake me up to tell me ... Lets just say when I hear barking dogs at 3:00 am I already know I have something to clean up before I even get out of bed).
After cleaning that stuff up, I couldn't fall back asleep any of those nights and got only about 4 hours of sleep and maybe 6 hours the other nights.
Brunch sounds good!

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34314 Feb 23, 2013
This is more like it! I was starting to feel like a leper.

Good to know I can count on Lady Cov and Sir Sublime. No need to regale me with animal kingdom facts, though.

Cov, sometimes I catch "Judge Judy". I don't know why, she's rather mean, but I like watching bits and pieces. At any rate, she asked "who pays the bills". Simple Simon said it was sorta of ....mumble, mumble. Judy got on her high horse and said one person pays the bills. WAS it YOU? Had me thinking - it's true. One person takes charge, otherwise chaos ensues.

Sublime, bet you are the cash flow gatekeeper? Am I right? ;-)

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#34315 Feb 23, 2013
Good morning or is it afternoon already?

I almost forgot this is Oscar week-end.
I don't know a thing about it but I still
enjoy the dressage of it all...

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34316 Feb 23, 2013
Ruby! Bless my heart - haven't watched Oscar winners in a few. Someone, likely Joan, will recap anything I've missed.

George C. Scott and Marlon B couldn't be bothered to attend because ... don't remember. I'll have to visit Uncle Google.

“Pile on the Commie Bots”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Resist Persist Enlist Exist

#34317 Feb 23, 2013
Greetings and Salutations Ms junket

My sister came up for a conference yesterday. Feeling rather chic, she and a friend decided to stay at a luxury hotel in the heart of "Oscar" madness. To bad for her that protestors chose to take up banging pots and pans below her window. The combination of air and the Sound Oasis soundtrack; ocean waves, failed. Management's solution? they offered to bring them ear plugs. Lol! I bet she wishes she had stayed at mom's instead. I'll be seeing her tonight. "see" being the operative word. I bet she'll conk out before 8pm.

So, any plans this weekend?

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34318 Feb 23, 2013
Greetings Rose of T!

Protestors? What on earth did your sister and/or her friend do?:-)

Conking out before 8:00! What an opportunity for a family video. Think of the possibilities. You could even slip a funny hat on her head while she's "napping".

My plans include making a cake and getting yet another Goodwishes bag together. You?

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#34319 Feb 23, 2013
I've been wondering......

What exactly IS an Acolytes of Junket?

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34320 Feb 23, 2013
arctic wrote:
I've been wondering......
What exactly IS an Acolytes of Junket?
No one seems to be sure at this point, Arctic. It started off as a bit of joke, but now I assume folks that like me, pop by to visit. Or not, as the case seems to be of late.

Have a good day. Regards, J

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#34321 Feb 23, 2013
Afternoon everyone!

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#34322 Feb 23, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
No one seems to be sure at this point, Arctic. It started off as a bit of joke, but now I assume folks that like me, pop by to visit. Or not, as the case seems to be of late.
They might have run Sue off with their stupidity. I still still love ya! Happy Saturday beautiful Lady J.

Fifth panel of baby afghan is just being finished now...such a pretty pattern too. Should Susan be reading, I hope her project turned out as lovely as she is.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#34323 Feb 23, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

That works for me.

Have a good Sat. yourself;)

Level 8

Location hidden

#34324 Feb 23, 2013
Junket wrote:
This is more like it! I was starting to feel like a leper.

Good to know I can count on Lady Cov and Sir Sublime. No need to regale me with animal kingdom facts, though.

Cov, sometimes I catch "Judge Judy". I don't know why, she's rather mean, but I like watching bits and pieces. At any rate, she asked "who pays the bills". Simple Simon said it was sorta of ....mumble, mumble. Judy got on her high horse and said one person pays the bills. WAS it YOU? Had me thinking - it's true. One person takes charge, otherwise chaos ensues.

Sublime, bet you are the cash flow gatekeeper? Am I right? ;-)
Not really. Bambi is the frugal one. She jokingly says I'm kind of high maintenance ... I am more accustomed the finer things in life from growing up. Not that her folks are poor, but we come from different classes.

We've always had one joint checking account (and I am a big believer in that ... I see marriage as a union in many ways, but financial being one of them) and there is no such thing as my money or her money. What is mine is hers and vice versa. When we go out to eat I sometimes joke with her that I'll treat if I use my debt card to pay, verses she using hers.

For the first ten years of our marriage I let Bambi handle all of our personal day to day finances and I handled long term investments and major financing purchases. I was very hands off in terms of day to day. I would simply run any purchases of more than say $100 by her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secrets 5 hr Sadie318 8
Leonard dunnam Lucedale Mississippi 10 hr Facts Matter 1
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 12 hr Princess Hey 822
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 12 hr Princess Hey 1,306
Word association game (Sep '12) 13 hr Jackie 3,315
frAUDS (Oct '17) 14 hr victim 690
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 14 hr -Sprocket- 9,012