Thank you, Zombie, Lady C and Lady R. <3

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#34264 Feb 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning, all!
Best of the rest of the day to you, fair lady. And thanks to you and Lady R I am all propped up for this day. So a murder suspect in Sweden tried to turn himself in, but was told the police station was closed! He did go to another police station, but it's just a funny story.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#34265 Feb 21, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Best of the rest of the day to you, fair lady. And thanks to you and Lady R I am all propped up for this day. So a murder suspect in Sweden tried to turn himself in, but was told the police station was closed! He did go to another police station, but it's just a funny story.
What?! lol

Imagine going to the police station knowing you'll never see the light of day again and have to turn around and go home lol, i can't imagine how strange that felt!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34266 Feb 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning, all!
Good morning Junket!

Hey did you ever get your stove replaced?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34267 Feb 21, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctor said something similar ... maybe he stepped on a rock awkwardly or too hard.
Yeah, they do say the darnedest things. I figured I better get him to the doctor before child protective services came knocking, lol. When he came home yesterday, we actually thought it might get better by today, but no dice.
The doc said there isn't anything we can do, other than to not let him jump around on it (good luck with that ... I took them out to eat afterwards and he was running with his limp in the parking lot ... i said don't do that) and to give him ibuprofen and Tylenol, which we had already been doing.
On another note, my youngest dropped his ipod touch walking out of the urgent care in the parking lot and it cracked the screen. He was balling and a sour puss before dinner. After sitting in there for over 2 hours, with three boys, that was the last thing I wanted to listen to.
:)
When my son cut his head open and needed stitches, I took him to the ER since of course it was Sunday, well they asked what happened and when I tried to tell them, they made me step back, they wanted to hear it from my son to make sure I didn't do it?

I mean I understand why they do it, but it makes you feel like crap and what if the little fellow accidentally said the wrong thing, i would still be in trouble lol.

It's kinda like with a girl, all she has to do is claim you raped her or something similar and at that point you have hell to pay. I understand them trying to do the right thing, but so many innocent people get falsely accused of things.

It's scary sometimes.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34269 Feb 21, 2013
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it doesn't bother me. I've just been disappointed in the hypocrisy.
That's life for you, it sucks sometimes and sometimes it's great! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34270 Feb 21, 2013
These pics were taken from an airplane. You have to guess where the locations are.

When you click on the site, the landmark appears

and there are four possible answers. The first

answer is always checked. That may or may not be

the correct answer. You can agree or change the

answer by checking the correct answer.

There are 16 photos; you probably won't get a perfect score.

http://www.guessthespot.com/index.php...

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#34271 Feb 21, 2013
Greetings Ricky!

Cooktop was replaced. Dishwasher was replaced. Looks like washing machine is thinking about giving up the ghost. Figures. I want new furniture, but the appliances have conspired.

I'll check out your link in a few minutes.

:-)

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#34272 Feb 21, 2013
Morning!

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34273 Feb 21, 2013
Morning, Perse!
I cannot decide whether I want walnut or burnt chestnut (faux wood) cabinet to grace the front hall. Might have to flip a coin on that one.

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#34274 Feb 21, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Morning!
Good morning!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34275 Feb 21, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>When my son cut his head open and needed stitches, I took him to the ER since of course it was Sunday, well they asked what happened and when I tried to tell them, they made me step back, they wanted to hear it from my son to make sure I didn't do it?
I mean I understand why they do it, but it makes you feel like crap and what if the little fellow accidentally said the wrong thing, i would still be in trouble lol.
It's kinda like with a girl, all she has to do is claim you raped her or something similar and at that point you have hell to pay. I understand them trying to do the right thing, but so many innocent people get falsely accused of things.
It's scary sometimes.
I was just joking about child protective services knocking on my door, lol.

In terms of your situation, I understand how you feel, but how else are they too know if someone is hurting their child if they don't ask him what happened? IMO, many cases go on for far too long because people don't inquire. You read about these horrible cases all the time. It makes me sick.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34276 Feb 21, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
These pics were taken from an airplane. You have to guess where the locations are.
When you click on the site, the landmark appears
and there are four possible answers. The first
answer is always checked. That may or may not be
the correct answer. You can agree or change the
answer by checking the correct answer.
There are 16 photos; you probably won't get a perfect score.
http://www.guessthespot.com/index.php...
I got them all right except for number 5.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34277 Feb 21, 2013
Morning, everyone.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34278 Feb 21, 2013
Greetings Sublime!

How's your son feeling today? I like the ad - if you see something, say something. It may be nothing, but it might be something. People have become afraid to speak up for fear of retribution. I remember Richard Jewell, poor slob:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Level 8

Location hidden

#34279 Feb 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Sublime!
How's your son feeling today? I like the ad - if you see something, say something. It may be nothing, but it might be something. People have become afraid to speak up for fear of retribution. I remember Richard Jewell, poor slob:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell
He was still limping, but they took xrays and it doesn't look to be serious.

Yeah, Jewell's life got turned upside down, when really he was a hero.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#34280 Feb 21, 2013
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning!
Good morning.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34281 Feb 21, 2013
covcas wrote:
Good morning, sleepy babies! Coffee's on. Sublime, glad to hear nothing wrong with your son. The screen on the ipod can be fixed. I know you can take it to Radio Shack and for about $70 they can replace it. It may cost more depending on whether or not there is any internal damage. There are probably other places by you that do it too--I just happened to go to a RS last week and saw their sign. LOL--I was replacing the headet/microphone thing for the little one's XBOX. He chewed on the microphone part--clear through the wires! Crazy kid. But he can play with his daddy who's in Korea and I think that's important for the two of them to have some quality time together. I don't know what they play, but the little one enjoys it so much and apparently daddy does too. Helps him not miss his daddy so much.
Yes, I was thinking I may just order a new screen and try to fix it myself (there are how to videos on youtube) or we will take it in.

I watch pretty much every bears football game (if it is on by me ... now that I have directtv I can order the football package next year and watch them at home) and every blackhawks game with my bro and we chat through xbox live as we watch it on tv.

My boys are also able to stay in contact with their cousins (both my sister's kids and my bro's kids) via xbox live.

Like your grandson in law and great grandson, my bro is able to have contact with his son when he is on the road (and he just took a new job in the fall that requires him to be gone for weeks at a time). They are on there many nights and a lot of time his son falls asleep with his mic on.

It's really quite useful in keeping folks connected, plus call of duty rocks, lol.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#34282 Feb 21, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was still limping, but they took xrays and it doesn't look to be serious.
Yeah, Jewell's life got turned upside down, when really he was a hero.
Sprain? Sometimes those take longer to heal. Speedy recovery wishes!

I guess being a hero is over rated. Trying to be helpful, and finding yourself served a lawsuit for .... fill in the blank. Pass on that - there's enough strife in life without being subjected to a legal machine for trying to lend assistance.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#34283 Feb 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Kev, Ricky, Perse and FC!
Teacup works behind the scenes these days. Poor thing never recovered from his warning.
2971 - fold.
Good morning, Junket ... and friends ... Wishing all a warm, sunny, beautiful day ... Have fun! FC <3 ...

4145 ... pair of 4's ---> big smile

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 37 min Junket 583
Word association game (Sep '12) 38 min Nurse 2,817
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 39 min positronium 6,451
Girls, ever exposed your privates?? 40 min DEB 26
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 3 hr Sharlene45 8,196
hello from Top Mod 5 :) (Jun '10) 7 hr North Mountain 13,043
Trump: Will pardon Cohen , DOJ has nothing wa... 8 hr Hollywood 1