Acolytes of Junket

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34188 Feb 19, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a good one to ask about thoughts on government involvement.
The way to get around government involvement is to increase the child care tax credit, which I support, but I don't think the credit should be 100% of all expenses. I *think* right now it is 35% of your childcare expenses, with a maximum of 3k for one child or 6k for two or more. There are phase outs too, if you make too much, which I guess is okay.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#34189 Feb 19, 2013
I posted this on another thread and thought it was worth repeating and so I'll never have to type it again...

One time me and a date were leaving a nightclub inside the Lowe's Anatole in Dallas called Mistral's, we were by ourselves on the second floor in a huge room when I started walking on my hands, I lost the car keys and by the time we made it down a long hall and to the other side of this huge hotel, then went back to look I could never find them, so we hailed a cab (first time for both of us), we decided to go over to the infamous Starck Club and catch a ride with some friends who had gone there instead, well on our way the cab driver chick failed to yield to a emergency vehicle and we almost crashed big time, we were also going the long way and I mentioned that and she belligerently said "I don't care, the meter isn't running anyway", so we finally made it and when she got there she run up over the curb, opened the door and puked!

That was my first and last cab ride lol

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#34190 Feb 19, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
I posted this on another thread and thought it was worth repeating and so I'll never have to type it again...
One time me and a date were leaving a nightclub inside the Lowe's Anatole in Dallas called Mistral's, we were by ourselves on the second floor in a huge room when I started walking on my hands, I lost the car keys and by the time we made it down a long hall and to the other side of this huge hotel, then went back to look I could never find them, so we hailed a cab (first time for both of us), we decided to go over to the infamous Starck Club and catch a ride with some friends who had gone there instead, well on our way the cab driver chick failed to yield to a emergency vehicle and we almost crashed big time, we were also going the long way and I mentioned that and she belligerently said "I don't care, the meter isn't running anyway", so we finally made it and when she got there she run up over the curb, opened the door and puked!
Ricky I have no idea what port we took shore leave but seems like it was Rhoda Spain . 3 of us got a cab an he went 10 ft , hit the cab in front of us and then the cab behind us hit us an all the drivers got out bet it was 50 and they all waved at each other got back in an all left . Was funny as hail . We of course had gotten out an watched them all leave so we had to walk to town .

Level 8

Location hidden

#34191 Feb 19, 2013
Ricky F wrote:

Nice!!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34192 Feb 19, 2013
lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34193 Feb 19, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>Ricky I have no idea what port we took shore leave but seems like it was Rhoda Spain . 3 of us got a cab an he went 10 ft , hit the cab in front of us and then the cab behind us hit us an all the drivers got out bet it was 50 and they all waved at each other got back in an all left . Was funny as hail . We of course had gotten out an watched them all leave so we had to walk to town .
It would've been great to see them break out in a fight! lol

I see cabbies flipping each other off and calling each other names all the time!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34194 Feb 19, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!!
It was one of those things you just have to laugh at! lol

Level 8

Location hidden

#34195 Feb 19, 2013
watching blackhawks and this commercial cracks me up!

http://youtu.be/95txbXkzZMA

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34196 Feb 19, 2013

Level 8

Location hidden

#34197 Feb 19, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
This one cracks me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xWEoqhbJVBoXX
Yeah, I saw that one during the Super Bowl, lol.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#34198 Feb 20, 2013
Good morning, sleepy babies! Time to rise and shine and let the humpin' begin!

“Never look back unless”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#34199 Feb 20, 2013
Top of the morning, all! Humping shall now officially commence.

Colonel, thank you. Ditto. However, I think of myself as a moderate. Sublime, perhaps I'll revisit the topic later today. Thanks, Perf.

Thank you, Lady C and Lady R. <3

2822 - three of a kind!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#34200 Feb 20, 2013
Thank you Lady J and Lady R. I'm full for the day. I do believe I read somewhere that today is FlowerChild's birthday. If so, I do want to wish her a gloriously happy day and many, many more.

Since: Dec 11

Erstwhile

#34201 Feb 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning, Cov, Ricky, Kevin and Colonel!
I enjoy listening to Gordon. My favorite is The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hgI8bta-7awXX
Gales of November came early.:-(
That is a good one, so dramatic, liked it forever. I think his best song, maybe even the most beautiful words ever written are in his song "If you could read my mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34202 Feb 20, 2013
Totally awesome!

An Eagle Owl soaring through the trees and belying the majesty of nature

http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8/

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#34203 Feb 20, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Totally awesome!
An Eagle Owl soaring through the trees and belying the majesty of nature
http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8/
What a wingspan! Thanks for sharing, Ricky. That was totally awesome.

“Never look back unless”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#34204 Feb 20, 2013
Greetings Colonel and Ricky!
Excellent song, amazing pic - thank you both.
Cov, have you selected our colors?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34205 Feb 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Colonel and Ricky!
Excellent song, amazing pic - thank you both.
Cov, have you selected our colors?
Good morning Mrs J!

Hope you have a great day!

Level 8

Location hidden

#34206 Feb 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning, all! Humping shall now officially commence.
Colonel, thank you. Ditto. However, I think of myself as a moderate. Sublime, perhaps I'll revisit the topic later today. Thanks, Perf.
Thank you, Lady C and Lady R. <3
2822 - three of a kind!
That's okay, Lady J. I doubt we'll see eye to eye on the issue. You're mildly liberal self is still lovely, in my eyes.:p

I support expanding the tax credit to cover maybe 50 or 60% of childcare expenses, because in that manner folks still have some skin in the game and can make efficient childcare decisions. If the gov picks up the whole tab, you'll have stay at homes who don't really need to work to live comfortably taking advantage of it or folks who have other child care options taking advantage of it. I'm all for helping folks out in need, but I'm not so much for helping folks out when it comes to paying for "wouldn't it be nice."

I realize this doesn't give the person whose grandma is in jail a free ride or whatever when it comes to childcare, but I think a 50 to 60 percent subsidy is fairly generous and generally frown upon free rides because of the poor decision making incentives it generates.

If I had my way, I'd also expand the child care tax credit for folks who choose to get an education or job training and need child care while they are in school. Between the two, I'm far more in favor of programs that provide greater opportunity for social mobility as opposed to programs that essentially just pay to warehouse, care, and maintain people in poverty or near poverty.

Level 8

Location hidden

#34207 Feb 20, 2013
Ughhh ... your mildly liberal self, not you're ... I'm turning into Race (he's a poster I know)....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mega Fort 2 min Occams razor scooter 11,607
The Wabbit Hutch (May '11) 2 hr Sharlene45 1,280
blog please read :) 3 hr ooalfalfa 1
Campfire Memories 5 hr --Rickster-- 4,456
Nice People only Forum (May '13) 9 hr SEMO 513
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 12 hr NotaGoth 3,489
Helicopter (Nov '14) Sat Just Slim 29
More from around the web