“Don't forget to”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

smile

#34125 Feb 18, 2013
Morning Lady C, Kevin, Perf and Ricky!

"Yard Ape"?
"Bleach set it"?

Pretty sure I'm awake, but can't seem to read with comprehension.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#34126 Feb 18, 2013
Junket wrote:
Morning Lady C, Kevin, Perf and Ricky!
"Yard Ape"?
"Bleach set it"?
Pretty sure I'm awake, but can't seem to read with comprehension.
She wondered if the bleach set it off, I said "of" instead of "off" lol.

Sorry

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#34127 Feb 18, 2013
Gooooood morning Acolytes and Ladiest of J!

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#34128 Feb 18, 2013
Morning Pers.

“Don't forget to”

Level 10

smile

#34129 Feb 18, 2013
Top of the morning, Perse! Don't know what to make of your avatar - the one before, as you know, is my favorite for personal reasons.
:-)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#34130 Feb 18, 2013
-Kevin- wrote:
Morning Pers.
Morning...

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#34132 Feb 18, 2013
Why? A gray box is complaining about it.
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning, Perse! Don't know what to make of your avatar - the one before, as you know, is my favorite for personal reasons.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#34133 Feb 18, 2013
Lady J, when kids grow out of the 'curtain climber' stage, they become yard apes. They're then capable of lots of mischief and mayhem. Hope your day is going well for you.

“Don't forget to”

Level 10

smile

#34134 Feb 18, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Why? A gray box is complaining about it. <quoted text>
Not in the loop. Don't know, or really care - but I did PM Ricky last week and said it was a good day (avatar wise) because both of you were sporting my favorite avatars.

My opinion doesn't matter. I remember when Dad had a very scary looking one and everytime I saw it, I shuddered. But to each his/her own.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#34135 Feb 18, 2013
Greetings and Salutations Ms junket. I see your the snow queen today. Reminds me of Lara in Dr Zhivago.

“Don't forget to”

Level 10

smile

#34136 Feb 18, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Lady J, when kids grow out of the 'curtain climber' stage, they become yard apes. They're then capable of lots of mischief and mayhem. Hope your day is going well for you.
Awww! Rug rats able to stand unassisted gone wild. No rest for the vigilant. A key factor in trouble afoot with the fleet of foot, is unusual silence, unless they are tucked into bed.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#34137 Feb 18, 2013
A must share

Move over Thelma and Louis...It's Rose of T and Lady Junket. And we look fabulous!

"hearts"

http://images.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads...

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#34138 Feb 18, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww! Rug rats able to stand unassisted gone wild. No rest for the vigilant. A key factor in trouble afoot with the fleet of foot, is unusual silence, unless they are tucked into bed.
Ain't that a fact! No way I could even begin to keep up with him, especially outside. That's when a good dog is irreplaceable. The dog can go for hours at an even faster pace, and be an excellent baby sitter. It still amazes me at how fast a dog becomes so protective of a child. It was really a joy to watch.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#34139 Feb 18, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks man, she had been using bleach to clean walls for 3 days in a row then her legs started giving her problems to the point she went to the ER, they ran test including a cat scan and found blood clots in her legs, okay she can handle that but in the process they found cancer in her stomach and gave her a few months to live and up to a about a year with chemo, so she's pretty shook up as you can imagine. She never had any of the symptoms and felt great until her leg thing. I suggested to get another doctors opinion and she has yet to go. I remember her mom passed away with cancer a long time ago but I can't remember what kind, I never? That part of life sux!
Ricky, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and you are absolutely right that she should see another oncologist right away. I don't know how far the cancer has progressed, but a "few months" to a year to live doesn't make much sense to me since she had no symptoms. Symptoms usually show up before stomach cancer is diagnosed. If her cancer has not metastasized (spread) I would think she has more time with chemotherapy. She may very well have a passive oncologist. She should not accept a death sentence, and tell her to ask about clinical trials.
There are many resources available for her, and she must learn about her cancer. She should also register with the American Cancer Society. Please encourage her to fight.

“Don't forget to”

Level 10

smile

#34140 Feb 18, 2013
Rose of T! Your snaps never fail to amuse and delight. I wish I had half, or even a quarter, of your creativity.

“Don't forget to”

Level 10

smile

#34141 Feb 18, 2013
Dogs are a God-given gift for those with active children and those that need a nudge to remain active.

Barbi, excellent advice. <3

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34142 Feb 18, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Ricky, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and you are absolutely right that she should see another oncologist right away. I don't know how far the cancer has progressed, but a "few months" to a year to live doesn't make much sense to me since she had no symptoms. Symptoms usually show up before stomach cancer is diagnosed. If her cancer has not metastasized (spread) I would think she has more time with chemotherapy. She may very well have a passive oncologist. She should not accept a death sentence, and tell her to ask about clinical trials.
There are many resources available for her, and she must learn about her cancer. She should also register with the American Cancer Society. Please encourage her to fight.
I am encouraging her and as always my best advice really is to stay positive because as fast as medical advances are coming, who knows what they might have soon. But I too thought the same thing about the diagnosis even though I'm not a doctor it seems she would be having some sort of issues so I have encouraged her to seek another medical opinion. I'll definitely tell her about the clinical trials, thanks.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#34143 Feb 18, 2013
The true story of the Chicken Gun

Sometimes it does take a rocket scientist!

Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch standard 4 pound dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, military jets and the space shuttle, all traveling at maximum velocity. The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields.

British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two, and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the U.S. scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo --

"Defrost the chicken." (True Story)

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#34144 Feb 18, 2013
Junket wrote:
Dogs are a God-given gift for those with active children and those that need a nudge to remain active.
Barbi, excellent advice. <3
Hi Junket. Thank you! Cancer is a battle and there really are winners!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#34145 Feb 18, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I am encouraging her and as always my best advice really is to stay positive because as fast as medical advances are coming, who knows what they might have soon. But I too thought the same thing about the diagnosis even though I'm not a doctor it seems she would be having some sort of issues so I have encouraged her to seek another medical opinion. I'll definitely tell her about the clinical trials, thanks.
You're welcome, Ricky. One more thing: Learning about her cancer is imperative as it will help her make decisions. Two websites she should visit are WebMD and MayoClinic.
Also, I don't know about her financial situation but cancer is expensive. The American Cancer Society has a mileage reimbursement program. It pays for all of her cancer-related appointments!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mega Fort 11 min MonaTalk 310
Campfire Memories 1 hr Bar none 2,703
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' (Aug '14) 2 hr Mona Talk 352
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 10 hr Figarooo 3,366
Pit Bulls Should B Banned 10 hr just asking 73
Word association game (Sep '12) 13 hr forrest 984
Girls 18 hr Harnek singh 1
More from around the web