“Peace be with you”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

our time is limited

#33727 Feb 6, 2013
Happy Hump Day! Coffee time.

Perf, it's simply dumbing down, with no child left behind, no child gets ahead.

Great news, Sublime!

Thank you, Cov and Lady R. <3

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#33728 Feb 6, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
I don't know about that, I didn't live with them. They did like to go in the backyard under supervision and stalk butterflies and bees. <quoted text>I do remember babysitting them for a week, when only three of them were still alive, and oh my god. They were fed on special plates, and one cat had her "own" litterbox. The lovebug had to be fed separately from the other two because she would gobble her portion, and then go after the other two who nibbled at their portions.
One of them liked to hunt at night with her mice, and the other one just stayed under a bed all week. Weird creatures.
Bees?! WTF!

lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33729 Feb 6, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
*looks on collections table...nervously...counts money...142.13*
Oh well, there's always tomorrow...<quoted text>
The posting between you and Junket made me think of that time someone broke into my house several years ago and went into the back room and stole a tv, on the way out the FRONT DOOR, they saw my rent money on the front table laying their in cash (what dumbass did that!, ME), so they dropped the TV on the wood floor breaking it and took off with the money!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33730 Feb 6, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text> Sneaks to money table ,sees nobody around ,,KEG party at Dads yeaaa hawww.!!
Dad, you need to rig up some contraption and strap a keg on top of a cow that follows you around! lol

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#33731 Feb 6, 2013
Morning lovely Junket.

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#33732 Feb 6, 2013
Morning Kevin and Ricky!

Ricky, were the culprits captured?

I don't keep money out in plain view and I get nervous when others do so with apparent nonchalance. I'm not tempted to take their money, or am I?

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#33733 Feb 6, 2013
:)
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Bees?! WTF!
lol

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#33734 Feb 6, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>The posting between you and Junket made me think of that time someone broke into my house several years ago and went into the back room and stole a tv, on the way out the FRONT DOOR, they saw my rent money on the front table laying their in cash (what dumbass did that!, ME), so they dropped the TV on the wood floor breaking it and took off with the money!
A friend had gotten married in Hawaii. Well the bride and groom were zonked out and someone scaled up into their second story suite and stole their phones, his wallet, etc. She woke up and thought someone was in the room, but sleeps like the dead, so she rolled over. It happens.

But this is topix...so...if you want to leave a donation, it's safe.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33735 Feb 6, 2013
Junket wrote:
Morning Kevin and Ricky!
Ricky, were the culprits captured?
I don't keep money out in plain view and I get nervous when others do so with apparent nonchalance. I'm not tempted to take their money, or am I?
No they weren't and I was a young stupid punk at 22 and learned my lesson. I lived a few blocks from the bad side of town, but you always feel safe in your own house right? I learned a valuable lesson!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#33736 Feb 6, 2013
Morning everyone.

Level 8

Location hidden

#33737 Feb 6, 2013
So my aunt called and is driving down to FL to see my cousin (her daughter). She and her husband wanted to know if it was okay if they stopped by on the way down and spend a night or two. Me, not thinking it was a big deal, said sure, no problemo.

Holy shyte storm! My parents and my brother are all on my case. I guess she was not very friendly with my parents last summer when my parents had a 90th B-Day party for my grandma. I had no idea about any of that. I knew they came for the party and left a few days later to go stay at a resort town with their family, which I thought was unusual, but I didn't know anything about all that.

I get to hear from my mom and my bro how they are users (my parents have loaned them money a few times and my mom had to get a little heated with her one time because they figured my parents didn't need the money and weren't paying them back ... my mom also paid for all of her siblings to go to Canada on a guided fishing trip (to the resort my grandpa used to take them as kids) for my grandma's 85th birthday and she was whining because she thought that my mom should have paid for spouses too) and that they couldn't care less if they saw me or my kids and are just looking for a place to stay for free.

The thing is, I never had any illusions that they were going out of their way just to see me. I really don't care about that. I figured they wanted a free place to stay and as a secondary factor would like to see me, which is okay with me.

I just hate family drama. So glad I live, far, far, away.

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#33738 Feb 6, 2013
Greetings Sublime!

Family? Sometimes the dynamics get tricky. One of the three mistakes beat her old record of 10 by insulting me within 5 minutes of our "hug". To give her credit, she didn't do it (this time) within earshot of others.

Hope the visit doesn't turn into slobs expecting room service. I have a feeling your Bambi might take umbrage. Good luck!(Thinking to self, better you than me.:-)

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33739 Feb 6, 2013
Greetings and Salutations Ms Junket

The news is in and I couldn't be more thrilled. Monopoly has given the boot to the "iron" And it's replacement among stiff competition - including the robot, diamond ring, helicopter and guitar?

prrrrrrrrr

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/02/06/168...

Level 8

Location hidden

#33740 Feb 6, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Sublime!
Family? Sometimes the dynamics get tricky. One of the three mistakes beat her old record of 10 by insulting me within 5 minutes of our "hug". To give her credit, she didn't do it (this time) within earshot of others.
Hope the visit doesn't turn into slobs expecting room service. I have a feeling your Bambi might take umbrage. Good luck!(Thinking to self, better you than me.:-)
If you can’t insult family, who can you insult? Provided it is not in a public setting, if one of my sibs insults me, I am apt to just give it back to them. If it is within ear shot of others, they will just get to enjoy the fireworks!

I actually get along with all my siblings, better than they get along with each other. So, I am lucky in that regard, but it’s not uncommon for them to argue. That is usually why after a week’s time of visiting, I am ready to get the heck out of there. I find being around arguing to be very draining. After last night’s discussions, I am thinking I will forego the annual trek with the boys back home in the summer, as well. Told Bambi that last night.

In terms of my visitors being slobs and expecting room service … I don’t see that happening … I think they just want to be put up for a night … maybe two.

Bambi … well she isn’t exactly enthused … she was giving me grief too … which was not a good idea considering I already was fed up with my mom and bro (hung up on him). Fireworks!!!

“Sometimes I want to disappear”

She has another exam on Monday and doesn’t really want guests (this is where we differ … if I had an exam I would just go lock myself in a room and do my studying … I really couldn’t care less)… but I told her I will take care of everything from changing the sheets in my one son’s bedroom from the current kid’s theme to something more appropriate … to making sure the house looks presentable … to entertaining. She’s still not exactly happy about it. I told her if she doesn’t want them to come, she can call them and tell them, then.

Whatever … she can cut me some slack considering her friend stayed with us for a month last summer, had my wife pick her up, and take her to the airport, plus schlep her all around the state, and I didn’t give her grief. Plus her parents come and stay with us 2 or 3 times a year, and I don’t give her grief. Not only that, but I said I would drive her down to Wilmington, NC (that’s like a 3.5 to 4 hour drive, one way) for a baby shower on Saturday (she works all night Friday into Saturday and won’t be able to drive herself … she can rest in the car as I drive ). The boys and I will have to find something to do while she’s at that (not like the beach is gonna be happening this time of year). Then I’ll have to drive everyone home. Not exactly how I would choose to spend my Saturday…

Level 8

Location hidden

#33741 Feb 6, 2013
Honestly, if I had known I was going to get all this grief, I would have never agreed to allow them to stay with us.

It didn't seem like a big deal at the time, tho.

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#33742 Feb 6, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Greetings and Salutations Ms Junket
The news is in and I couldn't be more thrilled. Monopoly has given the boot to the "iron" And it's replacement among stiff competition - including the robot, diamond ring, helicopter and guitar?
prrrrrrrrr
http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/02/06/168...
Rose of T! I'm happy that the iron got the boot - no one wanted to play with that token, at least no one I knew. Haven't play Monopoly in years - iirc, it was banned in the former Soviet Union. Huh. Times change. But back to that "iron" - what were they thinking? Okay, okay, there's probably someone somewhere that enjoys ironing for ironing's sake... Just like some folks enjoy washing dishes by hand. It takes all kinds!:-)

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#33743 Feb 6, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Honestly, if I had known I was going to get all this grief, I would have never agreed to allow them to stay with us.
It didn't seem like a big deal at the time, tho.
You had little to no choice in agreeing to house, feed, and entertain. But did you, by any chance, ask Bambi if it was okay? Because if she agreed (perhaps not happily), your bases are covered. If you didn't... well, buddy, that's your row to hoe.

Level 8

Location hidden

#33744 Feb 6, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
You had little to no choice in agreeing to house, feed, and entertain. But did you, by any chance, ask Bambi if it was okay? Because if she agreed (perhaps not happily), your bases are covered. If you didn't... well, buddy, that's your row to hoe.
She was in the room and heard me talking to them and she knew what it was about. She agreed, but not happily.

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

our time is limited

#33745 Feb 7, 2013
Top of the morning!
Where is everyone today? Was it something I said?

“Merry Christmas”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#33746 Feb 7, 2013
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning!
Where is everyone today? Was it something I said?
Best of the rest of the day to you, fair lady. Here's a fresh cup of coffee for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP ArtGal The Memorial (Mar '13) 1 hr Rose of Tralee 2,898
hookup with a rich sugarmummy in owerri cal_081... 2 hr Dr John 1
hookup with a rich sugarmummy in onisha cal_08... 3 hr Dr John 1
hookup with a rich sugarmummy in Enugu cal_0810... 3 hr Dr John 1
Are divorced women attractive to men? 4 hr charlie 6
Girls skype me will do anything male22 4 hr Jman 1
Helicopter 6 hr Just Slim 12
More from around the web