Acolytes of Junket

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#33655 Feb 3, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings and Salutations Ms Junket
You and I are on the same page sister. I'm often appalled at the sense of privilege these "made for TV" 20 somethings have. The show's usually have them emerging from their parent's basement, and entering the housing market with huge demands. It doesn't have a big room, we don't like the size of the bathrooms, only three! where's my 500 square foot walk in closet? No kitchen island? travertine marble counters - can't have that. Sheeesh. It's got to be scripted.
It was interesting during the last housing boom watching what I can only describe as "force ably lowered expectations" So many ended up in my hood, and I have to laugh at driveways that once held Hondas now harboring BMW's
Enjoy the day. I'll skip the bowl in favor of heading up a mountain pass.
Happy day, Rose of T! Lowered expectations? More like, get a dose of some reality. Nothing is perfect, how boring would that be, anyway?

We've (okay me, let's not split hairs), have made some mistakes in home decorating. I don't regret the sand paint in one room, though. Resale would be nightmarish, but I'm leaving feet out first, so I don't think I'll care.

I spoke to a friend recently and suggested that the winter weather (cold) has finally gotten to me and now I understand the attraction of being a snow bird. He said it's a matter of getting acclimated. What feels "cold" in CT might feel balmy in Alaska. Okay, point taken, but given my druthers, south sounds inviting.

Except buggies. Insects and creepy crawlies scare me. I don't want to squash them, but have yet to figure out a way to have them vacate voluntarily. The dynamic duo (cats); are on the job though, and I praise them mightily for their heroism.

Level 10

Location hidden

#33656 Feb 3, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My house was built just a few years ago and the entire first floor includes it. I think it looks nice on high ceilings.
The thing I notice about houses in the 90s is that a lot did have the really tall ceilings. A room feels much bigger and open with say 10 or 10+ foot ceilings and crown molding looks nice too.
Good afternoon, Sublime!

I'm a fan of crown molding, it just makes a room look finished, imho, depending on the size of the room. I'm not sure how it would look in a standard size bathroom.:D

And ceiling fans! Missy was complaining about the ugly ceiling fans, too. Sorry, unless the thing is making a huge racket, I'd be liking it and some things are easily replaced. She didn't seem to notice the postage-stamp size yard. Huh.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#33657 Feb 3, 2013
Hey there, Lady J. I just finished an experiment! I had about 10 lbs. of catfish filets in my freezer, in 1 container. I have been postponing thawing them, because that's a lot of fish for 2 people, and they're not good when re-frozen. I came up with the brilliant idea of pressure cooking, then canning them for fishcakes. I made what fishcakes I wanted to eat today, and canned the remainder in smaller portions. The results: DELICIOUS! and, actually, they taste more like crab cakes than fishcakes. As a result, I eat too much, and it's about to put me to sleep. Y'all have a good'n.

Level 10

Location hidden

#33658 Feb 3, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Hey there, Lady J. I just finished an experiment! I had about 10 lbs. of catfish filets in my freezer, in 1 container. I have been postponing thawing them, because that's a lot of fish for 2 people, and they're not good when re-frozen. I came up with the brilliant idea of pressure cooking, then canning them for fishcakes. I made what fishcakes I wanted to eat today, and canned the remainder in smaller portions. The results: DELICIOUS! and, actually, they taste more like crab cakes than fishcakes. As a result, I eat too much, and it's about to put me to sleep. Y'all have a good'n.
Wish I could do "fish". The love of my life is allergic. When I'm "out" without him, oh yea, give me the lobster roll, stuffed whatever, fillet, matters not to me.

Crab cakes! I want some... next time, I'm out. What year is this?
:-)

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#33659 Feb 4, 2013
Good morning sleepy babies! Hope everyone is doing well this Monday morning. Lots and lots of coffee is ready!

Level 10

Location hidden

#33660 Feb 4, 2013
Monday, Monday. Can't tru
Waking up slowly. Coffee with Cov, yah.
Thanks for the props, Kev and Colleen!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#33661 Feb 4, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
There once was a junket from nantucket
that like to take out her boyfriends
opps i cant say any of those words
forgive me junket.
I am a junket junkie
LOL

Good morning Junkies!!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33662 Feb 4, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings and Salutations Ms Junket
You and I are on the same page sister. I'm often appalled at the sense of privilege these "made for TV" 20 somethings have. The show's usually have them emerging from their parent's basement, and entering the housing market with huge demands. It doesn't have a big room, we don't like the size of the bathrooms, only three! where's my 500 square foot walk in closet? No kitchen island? travertine marble counters - can't have that. Sheeesh. It's got to be scripted.
It was interesting during the last housing boom watching what I can only describe as "force ably lowered expectations" So many ended up in my hood, and I have to laugh at driveways that once held Hondas now harboring BMW's
Enjoy the day. I'll skip the bowl in favor of heading up a mountain pass.
It's like the two bit towing shows, Storage Wars and Hardcore Pawn, etc. I can't take those shows because they make me gag they're so fake!

Who's going to leave a Ferrari behind in a storage unit?

How often do Repo guys really have chainsaw wielding guys chase them as well as all the other crap they show.

The funny thing is, there are people who actually belice that! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33663 Feb 4, 2013
belice - believe

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33664 Feb 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, Kevin i wasn't talking ' bout jerking off!
What's that?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33665 Feb 4, 2013
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Waterbed and sex is overrated
Maybe Dad will let you borrow one of his heifers for some waterbed sex? See if that makes a difference? lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33666 Feb 4, 2013
Dancing Merengue Dog - Incredible!!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33667 Feb 4, 2013
Dogs are so cool!

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#33668 Feb 4, 2013
Morning Everyone.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#33669 Feb 4, 2013
Good morning, Lady J and all. Some good dancing this morning, Ricky. Hope everyone has a great one today.

Level 10

Location hidden

#33670 Feb 4, 2013
Top of the morning Ricky, Kevin and Perf!

Has anyone started their tax return? We've been using the software from H&R Block for a couple of years, and it's been a godsend.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#33671 Feb 4, 2013
Morning all.
<3

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#33672 Feb 4, 2013
Junket wrote:
Has anyone started their tax return? We've been using the software from H&R Block for a couple of years, and it's been a godsend.
We're still waiting on something to come in--or so my resident accountant tells me. He messes with those not me.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33673 Feb 4, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Good morning, Lady J and all. Some good dancing this morning, Ricky. Hope everyone has a great one today.
I never knew dogs had that sort of brain capacity?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#33674 Feb 4, 2013
Junket wrote:
Not me, I'm still waiting for something before I can do mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 1 hr Waahmbulance 4,318
Please everyone read this especially black people 10 hr Not really 8
Word association game (Sep '12) 11 hr Calisportsgirl 1,584
Gay Guys SC 13 hr Runingboi 32
Frustrated, cannot breath because of bullying, ... 15 hr Have faith in God 11
How many girls like deepthroating and swallowing. 21 hr North Mountain 5
need a new puppy. small breed... lap dog femal... Wed ash 1
More from around the web