Acolytes of Junket

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#33358 Jan 27, 2013
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning, all!

Sublime, I had a similar experience while with a friend at the Ground Round. A manager came over and tried his best to hustle us out. I wanted to dig in my heels, but my friend was disinclined to stay in a place where we clearly weren't particularly ($$$) welcome.
Oh I had a manger do that, but this was the first time patrons acted like that.

My MIL was in town and offered to watch the boys so we could go out. It was "furniture week" here. It's a zoo during furniture week. It's a huge convention ... Happens twice a year. Restaurants are packed.

So we went to a steak house called "the chop house". It's $$$, not $$$$, but not cheap either.

We had to wait for a table. So we were in the bar getting some drinks. 3 times the manger came up and asked us if we would mind just eating in the bar and he kept telling us he could get us in and out fast. I told him, each time that we weren't in a hurry (Bambi and I had not been out to eat at a decent place for quite some time) and had no problem waiting an hour for a table. THREE times.

I was already feeling ornery after that. Eventually we get our table. We order a bottle of win and an appetizer. Before we even ordered our entree, the waitress asks can I take your menus. I was like WTF? How many people come I here and order a bottle of wine and an appetizer. I was like, ah, actually we'd like to order diner too! Surprise!!!!

We ended up leaving the waitress a crappy tip (one and only time i've ever done such a thing) and left her a note.

I will never go back there if I have a choice. I've been back there with business associates,(when i have colleagues come in from Europe ... we like to take them to a nice steak restaurant ... a steak in Europe comes from elderly French dairy cow who can't produce milk anymore and is knocking on deaths door, lol ... Not the same as beef cattle ... So it's a treat for them to come have a real steak), but it is not my first choice. My boss will usually suggest we go there ... The last time we went, i suggested next time we go to Ruth's Chris. He agreed. The steaks at the chop house are good, but I've had much better at many other places. I much prefer Ruth's Chris, anyway.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33359 Jan 27, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>or you could offered your table to the highest bidder
If I could have, I would have sat their all night, just to spite them, as the waitress suggested.

The one group was practically on my lap (the one with the annoying girl commenting on how she thought our table would be there) and were yapping in my ear so loud, I was about ready to ask for some space. Im pretty sure by my body language they could tell i was getting annoyed, because they finally took a few steps back. That group was complete with an obnoxious d-head yapping unnecessarily loudly about his Audi and financial shyte. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed...

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33360 Jan 27, 2013
I hate when I type their, but I mean there...

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33361 Jan 27, 2013
I have never heard of grounds rounds.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#33362 Jan 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could have, I would have sat their all night, just to spite them, as the waitress suggested.
The one group was practically on my lap (the one with the annoying girl commenting on how she thought our table would be there) and were yapping in my ear so loud, I was about ready to ask for some space. Im pretty sure by my body language they could tell i was getting annoyed, because they finally took a few steps back. That group was complete with an obnoxious d-head yapping unnecessarily loudly about his Audi and financial shyte. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed...
You shod have ripped one as you were leaving. Or you could start coughing all over everything like you had the flu. lol

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33363 Jan 27, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You shod have ripped one as you were leaving. Or you could start coughing all over everything like you had the flu. lol
Or turned around and violently sneezed on the obnoxious Audi guy and into his drink.

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#33364 Jan 27, 2013
Greetings Rose of T, Perse and Sublime!

Cov, my current mood is hovering between "look at me cross eyed and I'll take your head off" to "where's a gas oven when you need one". Crappola day and I blame me. Usually I can jolly myself into happier.

Ground Round was family style, but the one I remember had a lounge sporting a giant TV for sports aficionados. Treated rudely and even if GR hadn't closed, I would not have returned without seeing an "Under New Management" sign.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#33365 Jan 27, 2013
Hello Junket!

Hello Sub

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#33366 Jan 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or turned around and violently sneezed on the obnoxious Audi guy and into his drink.
I did that one time when this women cut right in front of me in a checkout line so I started coughing on her neck, that did the trick cause she left lol

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#33367 Jan 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I had a manger do that, but this was the first time patrons acted like that.
My MIL was in town and offered to watch the boys so we could go out. It was "furniture week" here. It's a zoo during furniture week. It's a huge convention ... Happens twice a year. Restaurants are packed.
So we went to a steak house called "the chop house". It's $$$, not $$$$, but not cheap either.
We had to wait for a table. So we were in the bar getting some drinks. 3 times the manger came up and asked us if we would mind just eating in the bar and he kept telling us he could get us in and out fast. I told him, each time that we weren't in a hurry (Bambi and I had not been out to eat at a decent place for quite some time) and had no problem waiting an hour for a table. THREE times.
I was already feeling ornery after that. Eventually we get our table. We order a bottle of win and an appetizer. Before we even ordered our entree, the waitress asks can I take your menus. I was like WTF? How many people come I here and order a bottle of wine and an appetizer. I was like, ah, actually we'd like to order diner too! Surprise!!!!
We ended up leaving the waitress a crappy tip (one and only time i've ever done such a thing) and left her a note.
I will never go back there if I have a choice. I've been back there with business associates,(when i have colleagues come in from Europe ... we like to take them to a nice steak restaurant ... a steak in Europe comes from elderly French dairy cow who can't produce milk anymore and is knocking on deaths door, lol ... Not the same as beef cattle ... So it's a treat for them to come have a real steak), but it is not my first choice. My boss will usually suggest we go there ... The last time we went, i suggested next time we go to Ruth's Chris. He agreed. The steaks at the chop house are good, but I've had much better at many other places. I much prefer Ruth's Chris, anyway.
I've been to NC during furniture week. It was hard to find a hotel room. I didn't know it was furniture week. I have a cousin up that way and her mom was visiting from ND. So close to us and I hadn't seen my aunt for about 40 yrs. So it was worth the trip. We just ate at my cousin's place so didn't have to fight any crowds and we could visit in peace. I'd forgotten all about furniture week!

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#33368 Jan 27, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You shod have ripped one as you were leaving. Or you could start coughing all over everything like you had the flu. lol
That's me today.

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#33369 Jan 27, 2013
Junket wrote:

Cov, my current mood is hovering between "look at me cross eyed and I'll take your head off" to "where's a gas oven when you need one". Crappola day and I blame me. Usually I can jolly myself into happier.

Ground Round was family style, but the one I remember had a lounge sporting a giant TV for sports aficionados. Treated rudely and even if GR hadn't closed, I would not have returned without seeing an "Under New Management" sign.
Sorry to hear that Junket :-/
They used to play Chaplin movies and our gang shows

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33370 Jan 27, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I've been to NC during furniture week. It was hard to find a hotel room. I didn't know it was furniture week. I have a cousin up that way and her mom was visiting from ND. So close to us and I hadn't seen my aunt for about 40 yrs. So it was worth the trip. We just ate at my cousin's place so didn't have to fight any crowds and we could visit in peace. I'd forgotten all about furniture week!
Yes a lot of folks rent their houses out for a lot of money and go stay in a hotel for the week. I can always tell when it's that week because the traffic is hell.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33371 Jan 27, 2013
Junket wrote:

Awww, lady j. Everything will be okay, I'm sure. The sun will still rise tomorrow and set. Things always tend to work themselves out. So don't sweat it.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33372 Jan 27, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Hello Junket!

Hello Sub
Hey there. Bambi has exams this week and we have our appraisal this week. So, I'm doing some major cleaning. Sux! I hate house cleaning ... I'd rather dig outside.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33373 Jan 27, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I did that one time when this women cut right in front of me in a checkout line so I started coughing on her neck, that did the trick cause she left lol
Lol.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#33374 Jan 27, 2013
Junket wrote:
Ruby posted a great link to a recipe for a "dump cake" Super, super easy to make, smells wonderful and Kristen's husband was into it almost as soon as I pulled it out of the oven, and Tony has given it a two thumbs up. Basically, a can of cherry pie filling, a can of crushed pineapple mixed together in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of it, cut a stick and a half of butter into little pats and put those on top. Bake at 350 for 45 - 60 min (I did mine for about 55 because I know how my oven is). It's more like a cobbler than a cake. Using Ruby's suggestion, I sprinkled some coconut and chopped nuts over the top of the fruit mixture (cuz that's what Tony likes). It is awesome. When looking at the recipe site, other fruit combinations were suggested --peaches and blueberries. Kristen said apples and pears. 5 minutes to throw it altogether and it's wonderful.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#33375 Jan 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there. Bambi has exams this week and we have our appraisal this week. So, I'm doing some major cleaning. Sux! I hate house cleaning ... I'd rather dig outside.
You could call naked housekeepers to help you.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#33376 Jan 27, 2013
:/

((hugs))

Having a bowl of fresh, homeade tortilla soup. Yum.
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's me today.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33377 Jan 27, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>You could call naked housekeepers to help you.
I dunno we've had a few housekeepers and so have my folks. Not sure I'd wanna see any of them naked, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 8 min Princess Hey 5,768
Jail 1 hr someone who cares 1
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 7 hr Junket 5,480
Is it rare to find Women who'll face ride ? 12 hr James 16
What do u think about Ricky Burgess jr . 12 hr V of r 10
The fun thread (Sep '11) 12 hr Ricky F 336
Men; Do U like the pubic hair resurgence on Wom... 14 hr James 14
More from around the web