Acolytes of Junket

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#31333 Dec 7, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Sure did, but I wasn't about to let him get me down for long. He's an idiot.
So was my EX-brother-in-law~~
Not only was he dumber than dirt, he was mean as hell too...

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#31334 Dec 7, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, most definitely! And a Caesar salad to go with? Wine would be nice, too. Whatever kind you like. My husband loves Merlot, but unlike most people, he likes it very cold. My ex-husband was appalled at this fact and went on and on about how red wine should be served at room temperature. In fact, even after I offered him some at room temp, he said, oh no, chilled is fine, but MOST people prefer red wine at room temp. At which point I (being only slightly inebriated) said fine. Would you like me to hold it between my legs to warm it up. I'm usually a very happy person, and even happier when I've had a drink or two, but I'd had enough. He was a guest in my home, and it was a Christmas celebration. But he was being rude and obnoxious. I say drink it however you like it, but I guess he's some big wine connoiseur (sp)--he's big, I'll give him that. The term fat basturd comes to mind. Needless to say, he's never been invited back. Did I mention I hate him? And the above is only one of the many reasons way. Pompous arse!
I know its supposed to be consumed at room temp, but I prefer red wine chilled too. If I'm out at a restaurant ill drink at room, but not at home. I don't care what others say ... I think I can make my own determination about what I find tastes better. I also agree its rude to go on and on about it.

I usually Merlot and Shiraz. I also like all the whites, so long as they aren't too dry. I used to be more of a beer drinker, but i drink mostly wine nowadays.

Now that you mention it maybe I will have some wine. It is friday and we're unshackled, lol.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#31335 Dec 7, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know its supposed to be consumed at room temp, but I prefer red wine chilled too. If I'm out at a restaurant ill drink at room, but not at home. I don't care what others say ... I think I can make my own determination about what I find tastes better. I also agree its rude to go on and on about it.
I usually Merlot and Shiraz. I also like all the whites, so long as they aren't too dry. I used to be more of a beer drinker, but i drink mostly wine nowadays.
Now that you mention it maybe I will have some wine. It is friday and we're unshackled, lol.
I'm mainly a beer drinker. Can't drink the hard stuff at all, but as for wine, I can either take it or leave it. Tony will ask them at a restaurant to chill his wine for him before he has it with his dinner. Never has anyone told him no. I just would never go to someone else's home and criticize how they prefer their wine. And after being offered some at room temp as he so adamantly stated it should be. Rude, just out and out rude.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#31336 Dec 7, 2012
Booked 2 rooms for tomorrow night so I can take the soldier boy to the airport on Sunday. No way in the world could I get up early enough and leave from here to get him 3 hours away to be ready to board at 7 am on Sunday. Not this girl! So we're leaving tomorrow and will spend the night there. Then I only have to get up around 6 am on Sunday to get him to the airport. That leaves us time for breakfast at the hotel on Sunday am. The little one is out like a light--on the sofa. LOL--he insisted that he and daddy make a tent in his room. Oh well, Daddy can sleep in the bed and the little one can stay where he is. It's all good at this point. I'll be on in the morning and then probably not until tomorrow evening--have laptop will travel! Sunday will be iffy, but I'll be on once I'm home, just to check in.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#31337 Dec 7, 2012
I lost my first match 4-2 but I drew a pro and got a bro break n run against him so I'm still happy.

Level 9

Location hidden

#31338 Dec 7, 2012
At least I got 2 out of 4 I needed

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#31339 Dec 7, 2012
Ricky F wrote:
I lost my first match 4-2 but I drew a pro and got a bro break n run against him so I'm still happy.
Sending good thoughts your way Ricky :)

Calling on Lady Luck for you .... She owes me a favor or two !

Level 9

Location hidden

#31340 Dec 7, 2012
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Sending good thoughts your way Ricky :)
Calling on Lady Luck for you .... She owes me a favor or two !
Thanks! I wouldn't mind bumping into Lady Luck tonight! lol

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#31341 Dec 8, 2012
Top of the morning all!
Cov's dinner was a smashing success. No fat basturds arrived to complain about room temperature, food temperature or wine temperature.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#31342 Dec 8, 2012
Junket wrote:
Top of the morning all!
Cov's dinner was a smashing success. No fat basturds arrived to complain about room temperature, food temperature or wine temperature.
Best of the rest of the day to you, fair Lady. Coffee's on. We'll be having sausage, biscuits and eggs for breakfast this morning. The Boone's farm went great with the spaghetti.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#31343 Dec 8, 2012
Go Ricky, go Ricky! Blowing some luck your way.

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#31344 Dec 8, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Best of the rest of the day to you, fair Lady. Coffee's on. We'll be having sausage, biscuits and eggs for breakfast this morning. The Boone's farm went great with the spaghetti.
Greetings lovely lady! Just coffee for me this morning. I'm still feeling full from last night's wonderful repast.

After the caffeine hits my system, I'm going to open my package...

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#31345 Dec 8, 2012
Morning Cov and Junket.

Good luck Ricky. Lady luck is fickle ... hopefully you'll run the tables and take it out of her hands.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#31346 Dec 8, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm mainly a beer drinker. Can't drink the hard stuff at all, but as for wine, I can either take it or leave it. Tony will ask them at a restaurant to chill his wine for him before he has it with his dinner. Never has anyone told him no. I just would never go to someone else's home and criticize how they prefer their wine. And after being offered some at room temp as he so adamantly stated it should be. Rude, just out and out rude.
I'm flex fueled, lol. I can pretty drink whatever. I find that if I drink too much beer I feel worse in the morning than if I drink too much wine. I don't think I've ever gotten a wine hangover.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#31347 Dec 8, 2012
Morning, Sublime. What's on the agenda for you and the boys today? Have you got all your Christmas shopping done?

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#31348 Dec 8, 2012
covcas wrote:
Morning, Sublime. What's on the agenda for you and the boys today? Have you got all your Christmas shopping done?
I think we are about done with Christmas shopping. How 'bout you?

It's kinda dreary here today. I have a few errands to run this AM. My one store doesn't open until 10, tho. Was hoping to go sans kids. Then I have to be back by 11, so Bambi can run a few things.

After that, probably just gonna chill until we go out with some friends tonight for some drinks and to a 40th birthday party (this girl dressed like a victoria secret angel, with the wings on for halloween and she could totally pass for one ... my son with Autism came me at the party (it was kid friendly Halloween ... they had a baby sitter and a party for the kids in the basement) and whispers to me, "Daddy, there's a hot girl," lol (my brother and cousin taught him that this summer when he stayed with my folks for about a month ... when he came back everything was bro this, bro that, cause that's how my cousin talks, lol).

We won't be staying very long. We actually only have a sitter until 9 and just wanted to do dinner with this couple, cause they are fun as all hell, but they already had plans to go to this party and wanted us to come. I guess she is dropping 10k on the party. We don't really know her or her husband that well, but we always chatted quite a bit at the few parties we've been at together, and they seem really cool. We'll have to bring a big bottle of grey goose or something, I guess.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#31349 Dec 8, 2012
What about you, Cov? Any exciting plans? Hang gliding, perhaps, lol?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#31350 Dec 8, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
What about you, Cov? Any exciting plans? Hang gliding, perhaps, lol?
Nah. Nothing that exciting for me. Taking the soldier to SC this afternoon. Thought we might get there in time to go to the zoo for a while and then they have this light show at night there and kids can roast marshmallows and see Santa. Then early tomorrow am, gotta get the soldier to the airport so he can fly to Korea. LOL--first he flies from SC, back here to the Atl airport, then a non-stop to Korea. Wish he could have just flown from ATL--it's only about 50 miles from me. But nooooo. The army says he has to fly from Columbia, SC to Atl. So we make a 3 hr. drive and spend the night in a hotel. Oh well, it's all good.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#31351 Dec 8, 2012
Here's a Ruby Musing for Junket this morning:

Why do they call it razing when tearing something down?

Why do they call butchering an animal, dressing it?

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#31352 Dec 8, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Nah. Nothing that exciting for me. Taking the soldier to SC this afternoon. Thought we might get there in time to go to the zoo for a while and then they have this light show at night there and kids can roast marshmallows and see Santa. Then early tomorrow am, gotta get the soldier to the airport so he can fly to Korea. LOL--first he flies from SC, back here to the Atl airport, then a non-stop to Korea. Wish he could have just flown from ATL--it's only about 50 miles from me. But nooooo. The army says he has to fly from Columbia, SC to Atl. So we make a 3 hr. drive and spend the night in a hotel. Oh well, it's all good.
What a pain in the butt. Have a safe trip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 41 min Princess Hey 499
Display........then Swallow 46 min James 2
Gay/Bi Skype 3 hr Mysecret1369 9
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 7 hr Princess Hey 6,029
Word association game (Sep '12) 8 hr Princess Hey 2,129
Religion, Aliens, Secret Societies, technology... 8 hr ForeverIslam 65
Topix Posters Music Thread 13 hr North Mountain 26
More from around the web