Acolytes of Junket

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#31063 Dec 3, 2012
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I just had a crown put in last week, don't tell me that! lol
Something obviously wasn't done right the first time around in my case. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#31064 Dec 3, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
We have one, Barbi! I just do not like cleaning it. I'm all about the dishwasher now. If it comes out not clean, back in it goes, until I win and it gives up the dirt or... yes, well, just between us - I've been known to secretly throw away items that refuse to come "clean".
Mine is so old it can't be immersed (or is it submersed - I'll have to look that up) in water, but the pan itself is easy enough to clean. I just ignore the bottom.
Yes, like cookie sheets. I cannot stand it when the bottom of my baking sheets get spotty and then dark and greasy looking. So I'll throw them out! lol

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#31065 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Mine is so old it can't be immersed (or is it submersed - I'll have to look that up) in water, but the pan itself is easy enough to clean. I just ignore the bottom.
Yes, like cookie sheets. I cannot stand it when the bottom of my baking sheets get spotty and then dark and greasy looking. So I'll throw them out! lol
Right out the door. No remorse on my part. The electric skillet we own can get into some suds, but that makes me nervous. Something about water and electricty not being a happy combo. Yes! I unplug and detach. I'm not completely witless... yet.

Did anyone see the "set it and forget it" rotisserie? My Mom did and was subsequently gifted. What a lousy appliance. Makes my blood hot to think about their non-existent customer service to boot. If you see "Ron Popeil" advertise anything, care not what, do not, repeat do NOT, buy. Or if you do, bless your heart.

“Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

California Succession

#31066 Dec 3, 2012
Good morning Junket. I followed up on your mention of Oil of Olay no longer having the "Oil" included in the title. I am shocked. Simply SHOCKED! when did this happen? then I went and checked out my bottle only to discover it was a cheap look alike put out by Trader Joes.

Btw: we had rain for the last couple of days. I was considering plugging in my electric saw on a pole and doing a little tree cutting (to impress Bill II of course..). then I read the above comments. I'm going to take that as a sign to cancel my plans....

and return to weeding and hand saws.

"hearts"

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#31067 Dec 3, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Right out the door. No remorse on my part. The electric skillet we own can get into some suds, but that makes me nervous. Something about water and electricty not being a happy combo. Yes! I unplug and detach. I'm not completely witless... yet.
Did anyone see the "set it and forget it" rotisserie? My Mom did and was subsequently gifted. What a lousy appliance. Makes my blood hot to think about their non-existent customer service to boot. If you see "Ron Popeil" advertise anything, care not what, do not, repeat do NOT, buy. Or if you do, bless your heart.
Oh, no, what I meant was the receptacle you plug your cord into can't get in the water! When I said this thing was old, I meant really old. It belonged to my mother-in-law. So you have to hand was the thing and, somehow, keep that part dry. I still love it because food doesn't stick.
I have a brand new Teflon electric skillet but I don't like Teflon anymore because I think it killed my cockatiel.
No, I've not seen any rotisseries. If I want something cooked rotisserie, I just buy it already done from the grocery store. Another thing I love is my huge, old electric roaster. Makes he best prime rib!

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#31069 Dec 3, 2012
You are correct.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Something obviously wasn't done right the first time around in my case. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31070 Dec 3, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not recently~~
I'm fine, just have a deformed looking right wrist from the way
it healed. I refused to have surgery and insisted on the old
fashion cast method.
It healed, I can use it, it doesn't hurt~~what more could I ask for?
Hidy ho, Ruby ... well, as long as it's functionable and you can live with it, I suppose that's all that matters, huh? Glad you're okay ... How's your day been?...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31071 Dec 3, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning FC. How has your morning been so far?
Hi Kevin ... my morning was good and hope yours was as well ... I lazed around, watched my soap opera, read a little and then wasted time in time to get my hair appointment and go to Big Lots ... never did get that big red cast iron skillet ... I'd need both hands to lift it anyway ... don't need carpal tunnel setting in just to make bacon and eggs once a month, lol ... so I only spent less than 10 bucks and got out of there, lol ... Just got home ... getting ready to pull out my earphones and watch Boardwalk Empire from last nights HBO ... not sure if it's the finale or not ... getting close to it ... do you watch it?... or Sons of Anarchy on Tuesday nights on FX channel? It's a soap opera on Harley Davidson's LOLOL ...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#31072 Dec 3, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidy ho, Ruby ... well, as long as it's functionable and you can live with it, I suppose that's all that matters, huh? Glad you're okay ... How's your day been?...
Hi FC. Got a little Woodstock tuneage going on. I love this version of the song. I was laughing while looking at it--funny liitle things in the middle of the old 45's. Yep. I remember them.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31073 Dec 3, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Hola FC!
Gel is not the best choice for fragile nails - but it's been working well for me. My attendant suggested that I "take a break" after the holidays. Removing the gel is what seems to weaken nails. Boy howdy, that's true. Just watching it get scraped off is brutal.
Have a very fine week my dear FC! <3
Hi there Junket ... it takes only 10 minutes to soak it off ... they put the acetone on with some paper towels and then put some foil on it ... it comes right off and doesn't damage the nail is what I like about it ... beats putting the fake nails on and going every 2 weeks to have the smelly chemicals on to "refill" the nail and grind them down with the drills and then whatever they do ... I had those type nails forever til I started this medicine regime for the MS and the nails started popping off after 3 days and the money started going down the drain ... the gel nails last at least 2 weeks and then start peeling off ... I really like them ... How was your day?... Mine was pretty good ... >>smiles at you<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31074 Dec 3, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
Warm? Where?
got to 78 here today, Perse ... it's a beautiful day ...

73F
Clear
Feels like: 73
High 78Low 63

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31075 Dec 3, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I had a great weekend. Good to hear you had a nice one too!
I skipped out on breakfast yesterday. I had to meet some friends for that toy run at around 10, and I was stupid tired, getting up at 6:15 or whatever.
So, Bambi was kind enough to let me go back to bed and sleep until 9 before my ride. It's not good to ride when you are tired, and she worries about me.
This weekend for sure, I'll try it.
Now, Sublime ... YOU know better not to ride when you're tired ... good for Bambi holding you back til you rested up ...

this song has the words, "but she worries about me"
listen ...

and take heed and don't be a knucklehead, LOL ... she cares!... have a nice evening ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31076 Dec 3, 2012
now everybody get up and dance, lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31077 Dec 3, 2012
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks FC and its a good hint because I have a very full week then leaving early Friday for a big tournament in Oklahoma.
Well, Ricky! You're on the mend now and keep it that way ... I want you to split your winnings with me, got that? LOL ... Hope you fare well in your venture this weekend! I know you will!... Sending good will and good luck vibes your way my dear old friend!!!! Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31078 Dec 3, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Hi FC. Got a little Woodstock tuneage going on. I love this version of the song. I was laughing while looking at it--funny liitle things in the middle of the old 45's. Yep. I remember them.
Hello sweets! Woodstock era was good ... my mother didn't understand it ... My daddy was all cool with it ... he help me understand it ... he said the hippies lived off the lay of the land ... he helped me understand the hippies and the protesters of the Vietnam War ... I did a paper on the Vietnam War in college that had I not been prepared and forewarned by my daddy I'd of not scored high and moved on to the next grade in undergrad school which pushed me over the edge into graduate school ... my daddy walked on water and taught me a lot! My mom was too busy being a nurse and working as a charge nurse in the emergency room ... she was caught up in the 50's while my daddy was already moving into the 60's and got us kids in the know ... there were 5 of us ... my older brother was a redneck ... the rest of us were hippies ... go figure, LOL ...

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#31079 Dec 3, 2012
Nice!!! Look where you are though. Sigh. Enjoy!
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
got to 78 here today, Perse ... it's a beautiful day ...
73F
Clear
Feels like: 73
High 78Low 63

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#31080 Dec 3, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello sweets! Woodstock era was good ... my mother didn't understand it ... My daddy was all cool with it ... he help me understand it ... he said the hippies lived off the lay of the land ... he helped me understand the hippies and the protesters of the Vietnam War ... I did a paper on the Vietnam War in college that had I not been prepared and forewarned by my daddy I'd of not scored high and moved on to the next grade in undergrad school which pushed me over the edge into graduate school ... my daddy walked on water and taught me a lot! My mom was too busy being a nurse and working as a charge nurse in the emergency room ... she was caught up in the 50's while my daddy was already moving into the 60's and got us kids in the know ... there were 5 of us ... my older brother was a redneck ... the rest of us were hippies ... go figure, LOL ...
That was one heck of a summer! Woodstock, first man on the moon, the Tate-LaBianca murders. And there I was a little 18 yr old girl who'd never been far from home--doing basic training in Alabama, then advanced training in Georgia. What a time it was, indeed. My parents were of the 40's and I don't think they ever caught up.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31081 Dec 3, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
Nice!!! Look where you are though. Sigh. Enjoy!<quoted text>
Wish you were here, Perse >>big sigh<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31082 Dec 3, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>That was one heck of a summer! Woodstock, first man on the moon, the Tate-LaBianca murders. And there I was a little 18 yr old girl who'd never been far from home--doing basic training in Alabama, then advanced training in Georgia. What a time it was, indeed. My parents were of the 40's and I don't think they ever caught up.
a very tumultuous time indeed ... you were a brave and still are a brave young lady, covcas ... thank you for serving and protecting our country ... oo-rah!...

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#31083 Dec 3, 2012
That would be lovely! I've got the perfect hats for that!
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish you were here, Perse >>big sigh<<
*sigh*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I TRADE NUDES FOR FUN KIKME@ hazeliciouzzz 29 min hazeliciouzzz 1
I TRADE NUDES FOR FUN KIKME@ hazeliciouzzz 1 hr Brad826 4
Books, Recipes, Gardening AND (Jul '12) 2 hr Maverick 808 18,163
marshall law is here 13 hr BakedHella 2
old usa bank accounts needed for funding 100% 15 hr FireyFellow44 2
the best workout of your life 19 hr broadwayreliefpharma 4
Much Older man, looks hot, wants to cam with yo... 21 hr Hot for teen 1
More from around the web