REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
I actually ordered a new lodge cast iron frying pan online and am using it for the first time. It rocks!
When it arrived I went to open the box and I thought my gosh, that thing is heavy. Turns out they sent me three of them on accident! So I now have 3 of them.
Yo, Sub ... I saw a huge one at Big Lots for $25 bucks and it was huge, red and heavy ... how'd it work out ... is it worth the bang for the buck? Should I go back and buy it ... cast iron is expensive in itself and I love cooking in cast iron but a cast iron frying pan ... bacon and eggs? french fries and fried chicken no prob but I was looking for a frying pan for breakfast type bacon and eggs ... would it work out ... I have fresh batteries in the smoke alarm so my timer is all set, lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>She fell off a table giving a table dance to someone! Oh no, wait. That's how I broke mine.
LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Hey FC! I will get her back. No doubt about it. Just plotting and planning today on the best way to do it. When she least expects it!
Hey covcas ... I can hardly wait, lol ... how's your day?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Hey Lady J and all ... didn't mean to just ignore anyone ... just getting caught up on the funny posts yall make me laugh ... I like laughing ...

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
Hey Lady J and all ... didn't mean to just ignore anyone ... just getting caught up on the funny posts yall make me laugh ... I like laughing ...
Reading along, wondered if I would get an honorable mention...
Hope you enjoy your weekend, FC. I'm going to plan a mani for next week. I'm really enjoying the "gel". Costs a bit more, but is nearly indestructible. The key word is "nearly".

Hope you and all have a good day/night.
xo

Level 7

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
Oh hi to Colleen too. Sorry I missed you.
:)
That's ok. It happens. Howdy :)

“Elegant Roses”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

OMG! Junket, I remember you talking about headphones the other day. Just sort of inherited a Sony set. I cannot believe the difference they make while listening to my tunes. Nights in White Satin was just awesome. I may never give these back to Buzz (his daddy gave them to him). Kristen was complaining about me listening to stuff on my laptop. Never again will she complain. Simon and Garfunkel Bridge over Troubled Water was just awesome. I may never come down from this high! I can't even imagine a set of Bose headphones or something else high end. I'm so grooving right now.

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>She fell off a table giving a table dance to someone! Oh no, wait. That's how I broke mine.
I fell off the mechanical headless bull, remember?
He may have been headless but he still had his bucker...

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

covcas wrote:
And I did try to help you that night by singing:

Hey Mabel get off the table, that money's for the beer...

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Junket wrote:
Cov, start with a frying pan. I cannot handle the Dutch Oven. Like Ruby, I know my limitations and these items can be seriously heavy especially when loaded. There's also a very real need to use insulated oven mitts. The handles get hot and since these pans are heavy...
Ruby, how did you break your wrist?
I fell off my back deck backwards onto a granite walkway.

“Elegant Roses”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I fell off the mechanical headless bull, remember?
He may have been headless but he still had his bucker...
I always lie and say it was table dancing. I was standing on a chair in my kitchen looking for a laxative in the cabinet. There weren't any. LOL @me. But I pretty well shattered my left wrist and still can't lift much with that hand. A gallon of milk is hard to do now.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I got some incredibly good news yesterday afternoon at the doctors office and I could not for the life of me fall asleep last night ... I barely woke up in time this morning to get ready for my usual standing breakfast outing with my best friend ... I haven't told her yet and won't until 1/25/13 when surgery is over but really, I don't know if I can contain myself until then ... I've calmed down a little since then but still I'm a little on edge ... Maybe some ice cream will help, lol ... Anyway, I hope you got some good rest last night and are having a good day ... Happy Saturday ... college baskeball all day, yuck ... find me some good college football, a good book and A/C cranked to about 70 and I'm good the rest of the day ... got groceries, went by the deli and got seafood salad, yum! Already broke into it ... yeah, I'm set ... it's almost 80 out ... think I'll stay in and water the plants about dusk ... Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...
Great news FC!! Good to hear!

Mine news isn't so good, I threw up multiple times last night. And feel like crap today so I'm only doing a drive by today, I'm not to sure I didn't get for poisoning at Cov's Diner? Lol

Anyway congrats FC

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Rise & shine, slackers.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

covcas wrote:
<quoted text> I was standing on a chair in my kitchen looking for a laxative in the cabinet. There weren't any. LOL @me. But I pretty well shattered my left wrist and still can't lift much with that hand. A gallon of milk is hard to do now.
Yeah, Cov, you have to come up with a better story than that.

I would tell folks instead that you were drinking with a pirate and after you drank him under the table instead of a laxative you went to get more rum and fell.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Yo, Sub ... I saw a huge one at Big Lots for $25 bucks and it was huge, red and heavy ... how'd it work out ... is it worth the bang for the buck? Should I go back and buy it ... cast iron is expensive in itself and I love cooking in cast iron but a cast iron frying pan ... bacon and eggs? french fries and fried chicken no prob but I was looking for a frying pan for breakfast type bacon and eggs ... would it work out ... I have fresh batteries in the smoke alarm so my timer is all set, lol ...
Hi. I've only used mine once, with pancakes, yesterday, but I really like it. I will make eggs this morning and let you know how it goes. I think it will work just fine.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

My Badgers are going to "Teh Rosebowl." They spanked Nebraska 70 to 31 yesterday.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>I got some incredibly good news yesterday afternoon at the doctors office and I could not for the life of me fall asleep last night ... I barely woke up in time this morning to get ready for my usual standing breakfast outing with my best friend ... I haven't told her yet and won't until 1/25/13 when surgery is over but really, I don't know if I can contain myself until then ... I've calmed down a little since then but still I'm a little on edge ... Maybe some ice cream will help, lol ... Anyway, I hope you got some good rest last night and are having a good day ... Happy Saturday ... college baskeball all day, yuck ... find me some good college football, a good book and A/C cranked to about 70 and I'm good the rest of the day ... got groceries, went by the deli and got seafood salad, yum! Already broke into it ... yeah, I'm set ... it's almost 80 out ... think I'll stay in and water the plants about dusk ... Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...
Good for you!

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Great news FC!! Good to hear!

Mine news isn't so good, I threw up multiple times last night. And feel like crap today so I'm only doing a drive by today, I'm not to sure I didn't get for poisoning at Cov's Diner? Lol

Anyway congrats FC
Yeah, you had a pretty late night!

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Top of the morning all!

Sublime you're up and at'em early - two days in a row.

Where are my propper peeps?

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

covcas wrote:
OMG! Junket, I remember you talking about headphones the other day. Just sort of inherited a Sony set. I cannot believe the difference they make while listening to my tunes. Nights in White Satin was just awesome. I may never give these back to Buzz (his daddy gave them to him). Kristen was complaining about me listening to stuff on my laptop. Never again will she complain. Simon and Garfunkel Bridge over Troubled Water was just awesome. I may never come down from this high! I can't even imagine a set of Bose headphones or something else high end. I'm so grooving right now.
You go girl! I mentioned the Bose to my spouse and he took my existing headphones and drove away. Came back later with replacement pads.$5. What a great guy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Topix Forum right now

Search the Topix Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
risperdal risperdole 5 hr watch it karma is a b 49
Struggling101's Game Plan On Life With A Forced... 8 hr --Rickster-- 457
Top Ten Sexiest Women Of All Time ! (Mar '13) 12 hr Ricky F 101
Chicken Is Totally Black Even the Meat, Bones, ... 14 hr keister 2
The Nigeria immigration service replacement for... 14 hr Mr Adegboye Adewale 1
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 14 hr covcas 18,168
update whats app nos of ur known girls with name 18 hr rahul 0
•••
•••