“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#27505 Oct 8, 2012
Sublime, what prompted your recent post?

Cov, did you meant tasty?

Good afternoon, Perf and DF!

“Buzz ”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

#27506 Oct 8, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we just pretend on topix. I made the whole thing up. I actually stayed home and went to church on Sunday and worked at an abused women's shelter on Saturday. It's what I do!
:p
Yeah, right. Hey, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, you know.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#27507 Oct 8, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>LOL--you're so welcome, but now I think all the guys will want to change their name to Bob. They're so nasty.
hehe.

“Buzz ”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

#27508 Oct 8, 2012
Junket wrote:
Sublime, what prompted your recent post?
Cov, did you meant tasty?
Good afternoon, Perf and DF!
No--I'm sure a bob would be tasty, but I was actually referring to how some guys (surely no one we post with), seem to have their minds in the gutter at times and might possibly have taken it the wrong way (as they are wont to do).

I was reading an interesting recipe for pumpkin ravioli, made with the seamless crescent roll dough. Although it sounded yummy, it was very labor intensive. I don't like to take over an hour to make a small amount of food that will be gone within 10 minutes. Maybe someone more daring than me would make them, though.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#27509 Oct 8, 2012
Junket wrote:
Sublime, what prompted your recent post?
How do you keep Junket in suspense?

Wait for it ... wait for it .........

My post was directed to my fans who judged my posts. "Mystery is not profoundness," has never been more true.

:)

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#27510 Oct 8, 2012
Cov, I would very much enjoy eating well made pumpkin raviolli, but as soon as you stated "labor intensive", not my skillset. I am better suited for easy recipes, designed for beginners.

Sublime, I'm not a fan of the judge-its. I didn't decorate you - isn't that what really matters?
:-)

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#27511 Oct 8, 2012
Junket wrote:
Sublime, I'm not a fan of the judge-its. I didn't decorate you - isn't that what really matters?
:-)
It's the ONLY thing that matters!

The only reason you didn't decorate me is because topix doesn't have a b1tching, that rocks, or superfly judging icon. I know. Heh

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#27512 Oct 8, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
What tournaments be those?
Billiards

“Buzz ”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

#27513 Oct 8, 2012
Junket wrote:
Cov, I would very much enjoy eating well made pumpkin raviolli, but as soon as you stated "labor intensive", not my skillset. I am better suited for easy recipes, designed for beginners.
Sublime, I'm not a fan of the judge-its. I didn't decorate you - isn't that what really matters?
:-)
They sound delicious, but anything that's going to take me an hour to put together for a yield of only a dozen is just too much work for me. That's a lot of time to put into an appetizer.

Sublime, I didn't give you judge-its either. I think most of the posters here would tell another if they didn't like a post, rather than anonymously put some silly little symbol on it.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#27514 Oct 8, 2012
Lady J is very innocent.
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>No--I'm sure a bob would be tasty, but I was actually referring to how some guys (surely no one we post with), seem to have their minds in the gutter at times and might possibly have taken it the wrong way (as they are wont to do).
I was reading an interesting recipe for pumpkin ravioli, made with the seamless crescent roll dough. Although it sounded yummy, it was very labor intensive. I don't like to take over an hour to make a small amount of food that will be gone within 10 minutes. Maybe someone more daring than me would make them, though.

“Buzz ”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

#27515 Oct 8, 2012
Does anyone have a preference of brown eggs over white eggs? I do think they have more flavor and fry up much prettier, as I think the yolk stands a little higher. However, since the "egg du jour" at my house is usually scrambled with cheese, that doesn't justify spending a considerable amount more. And then, they're too expensive to use in baking, and I'm not sure they'd make a difference there. Maybe I'll have to ask Dad or the perfessor from whence these brown eggs come? Brown chickens?

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#27516 Oct 8, 2012
That's the spirit, Sublime. Context.:-)

Cov, time is precious. Making something to eat that requires not only time but will likely create and/or result in a mess, is not high on my list of priorities. Plenty of restaurants nearby.:-)

Perse, I can be guilty as charged, also. I waffle and have been deliberately disingenuous when it suits my purpose.(My purpose is self preservation.:-)

Ricky, do you ever "scratch"?:-)

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#27517 Oct 8, 2012
I KNOW you, Lady!
Junket wrote:
That's the spirit, Sublime. Context.:-)
Cov, time is precious. Making something to eat that requires not only time but will likely create and/or result in a mess, is not high on my list of priorities. Plenty of restaurants nearby.:-)
Perse, I can be guilty as charged, also. I waffle and have been deliberately disingenuous when it suits my purpose.(My purpose is self preservation.:-)
Ricky, do you ever "scratch"?:-)

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#27518 Oct 8, 2012
Don't bother making gnocchi then; time consuming and gone in minutes.

~~~~<3

“Buzz ”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

#27519 Oct 8, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
Don't bother making gnocchi then; time consuming and gone in minutes.
~~~~<3
Yes, I've seen chefs on tv make them. Nor would I go to the trouble to make my one pasta. We had neighbors when growing up that their mom did, though. Just not high on my list of things I want to do in my life or with my time.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#27520 Oct 8, 2012
+++++

now girls ... sounds like someone
is jumping to conclusions ...
everyone is just poking fun

)~~+~~(

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#27521 Oct 8, 2012
Pretty sure I've never had a gnocchi, since I'm at even at a loss as to how to pronounce. Uncle Google says it's like a dumpling. Learn something new every day.

I was thinking about eggs. Brown or white doesn't seem to matter in terms of taste - fresh is the key. But I do like dipping both white and brown in bright food coloring during the Easter season. The way the eggs take dye is different and the results are eye pleasing, even if I do say so myself.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#27522 Oct 8, 2012
covcas wrote:
Does anyone have a preference of brown eggs over white eggs? I do think they have more flavor and fry up much prettier, as I think the yolk stands a little higher. However, since the "egg du jour" at my house is usually scrambled with cheese, that doesn't justify spending a considerable amount more. And then, they're too expensive to use in baking, and I'm not sure they'd make a difference there. Maybe I'll have to ask Dad or the perfessor from whence these brown eggs come? Brown chickens?
Yep, the brown eggs do have a better taste, especially fried, over easy (white done, and yellow runny). Hard to tell the difference when they're scrambled. I almost always scramble them with cheese, anyhow. As far as where the brown eggs come from; the same place as white eggs: from a chicken! LOL!! Couldn't resist that. I forget which kind of chickens lay which eggs. The lady that I by my farm eggs from even has some that are light blue, and some light green. They taste like the brown ones. Y'all have a good'n.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#27523 Oct 8, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I think most of the posters here would tell another if they didn't like a post, rather than anonymously put some silly little symbol on it.
I agree. I didn't think it was any of you. I figured it was judge it trolls.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#27524 Oct 8, 2012
covcas wrote:
Does anyone have a preference of brown eggs over white eggs? I do think they have more flavor and fry up much prettier, as I think the yolk stands a little higher. However, since the "egg du jour" at my house is usually scrambled with cheese, that doesn't justify spending a considerable amount more. And then, they're too expensive to use in baking, and I'm not sure they'd make a difference there. Maybe I'll have to ask Dad or the perfessor from whence these brown eggs come? Brown chickens?
I prefer brown eggs, but I'm not picky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HI ,, i am soni 28 min Hn me hu 2
Gay or bi text me for roll play 07554664298 9 hr Thackers12 1
HPD officer caught shoplifting walmart 11 hr Gig 4
Enjoy and be encouraged ! 13 hr Steve 2
risperdal risperdole Thu NC vacation 59
Marshall County Schools Thu confused 2
43 Now viewing this forum Thu Sweet Little Gosp... 113
•••

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••