Acolytes of Junket

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#25123 Sep 9, 2012
That was linear notes to a CD that I used to listen to when I was younger. It's full of left-wing propaganda. You guys would love it ;-D

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#25125 Sep 9, 2012
Kev - offer a summary?

Susan, your post reminded me of this poem:

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul

and you learn love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't always mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't always promises
and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and and your eyes ahead with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.

And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers

And you learn that you really can endure, that you really are strong and you really do have worth and you learn and you learn with every good-bye you learn.

Good stuff.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#25127 Sep 9, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
You should be in the woodshed. <quoted text>
Thank goodness for that!
I have a cabin I can't wait to get to.
lol, I don't think so!

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#25128 Sep 9, 2012
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure? Or maybe I just stayed at your house?.........
*runs*
That was funny though. If anyone was up that early it would look to them like I was running all 3 accounts.

“Maybe yes, maybe no”

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

The Auspices Look Good

#25130 Sep 9, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
That was funny though. If anyone was up that early it would look to them like I was running all 3 accounts.
I see trouble in your future, perhaps in the Woodshed!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#25131 Sep 9, 2012
-ShapeShifter- wrote:
<quoted text>
I can remember back when halloween was so much fun ... you dressed
up so nobody knew who you were and was so excited about going out and getting as much candy as you could ... and the people enjoyed have you 'ring or knock on their door yelling trick or treat ' and you never had a worry about what if there was anything in your treats that would harm you. it was a special and fun time ... I wish our kids today could have just one of our halloween nights ...
so they could fully understand what it is really all about ...
ah yes ... dreaming of yesteryear ...
)~~+~~(
So very true. My sisters and I could go all over the neighborhood without a parent to make sure we were safe, too. Because we were safe at that time. We had a Brach's candy warehouse right around the corner us. Great place to go on Halloween. The lady next door made popcorn balls. So good. The people on the corner gave out caramel apples. No store bought costumes either--it was so fun to come up with our own original designs to go with the masks we got. Oh tripping down memory lane here with you SS.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#25132 Sep 9, 2012
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I don't think so!
Pretty please?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#25133 Sep 9, 2012
Quick question--are these lemon cookies supposed to be soft and chewy or a little crunchy? My hands sure smell all lemony fresh after squeezing those lemons and the dough tastes good. I've just never made them before or had them, so I don't know what the texture should be.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#25134 Sep 9, 2012
covcas wrote:
Quick question--are these lemon cookies supposed to be soft and chewy or a little crunchy? My hands sure smell all lemony fresh after squeezing those lemons and the dough tastes good. I've just never made them before or had them, so I don't know what the texture should be.
I would venture a guess that they would be soft and chewy. I think the flavor can be enjoyed more from a soft and chewy cookie than a crunchy cookie. Y'all have a good'n.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#25135 Sep 9, 2012
Chewy or crunchy - that's quite a conundrum. I remember once reading - crunchy food is best eaten when one feels a bit aggressive and chewy (soft)food when one seeks comfort. I enjoy the snap of pretzels - but that's just me....

It's a beautiful day in CT. Quite similar to the weather on September 11, 2001. I won't forget. In fact, I'm thinking it nearly impossible to forgive... but that's just me.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#25136 Sep 9, 2012
Thank you, perfessor and Junket. Let's see how they come out of the oven. The other question--glazed or just lightly dusted with powdered sugar? I have two different recipes but don't know which would be preferable. I supposed since I'm making a double batch, I could try half and half.

“Make time ”

Level 10

for contemplation

#25137 Sep 9, 2012
covcas wrote:
Thank you, perfessor and Junket. Let's see how they come out of the oven. The other question--glazed or just lightly dusted with powdered sugar? I have two different recipes but don't know which would be preferable. I supposed since I'm making a double batch, I could try half and half.
Experiment! Cov, you'll never know which you like better or which will be a crowd pleaser. I say try both ways if you've the time.

I do it all the time. Made meatballs yesterday - set it on bread (that was new for me) baked and thought - what kinda mess have I just made. They were surprisingly good - but more astonishing the bread which soaked up some of the juice was also tasty. A real shame I don't remember what I did step by step.:-)

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#25138 Sep 9, 2012
Actually, for these I'm making today, I think the powdered sugar would probably be better, since I'm shipping them off tomorrow. For the reception, I think the glaze might just do the trick.

_PrincessSusan_

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#25139 Sep 9, 2012
Lady Cov, I'll have crunch, chewy, glazed AND lightly dusted with powdered sugar! Love lemon cookies.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#25140 Sep 9, 2012
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
Lady Cov, I'll have crunch, chewy, glazed AND lightly dusted with powdered sugar! Love lemon cookies.
And pay for it with your own damn money for a change! lol

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#25141 Sep 9, 2012
covcas wrote:
mmm. Was the butter cool when you cut it into the dough?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#25142 Sep 9, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text> mmm. Was the butter cool when you cut it into the dough?
It was soft, but still a little chilled. Experimenting with size now. First batch, used my cookie scoop--they stayed mounded up. Taste ok, but not visually pleasing to me. Second batch I rolled into smaller balls. Better, but not that great. This one I rolled into a ball and gently flattened and am reducing the cooking time. The flavor is terrific--it's just size and shape I'm playing around with now.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#25144 Sep 9, 2012
-BabyLegs- wrote:
How about a little cookie cutter, say in the shape of a star?
They sound heavenly
Nice idea. I could roll some out and use a cookie cutter. The possibilities, it seems, are endless. My little taster refused to even try one. The big taster said they were ok, but nothing special. LOL--they're both choc chip cookie fiends and nothing ever compares to them for these two.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#25145 Sep 9, 2012
This sure is fun, getting all the input from you all. I do appreciate it.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#25146 Sep 9, 2012
Everything is good with butter on it.

Just sayin'...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bi/Gay Skype 1 hr Bob smith 11
frAUDS 5 hr gggggg2 59
I SEND NUDES FOR FUN [email protected] celiciouzz 13 hr celiciouzz 1
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 18 hr Princess Hey 5,812
Girls send nudes Wed Diego 1
Straight Oral, Who has it easier ? Wed James 3
WMOK Radio Tue Nine Twenty 1
More from around the web