“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#23205 Aug 14, 2012
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Be careful bro, you know how people Hegel's age drives!!
I try. It's hard to ALWAYS be on your toes, tho. My mind was actually preoccupied when that happened. I only saw her because I had just stopped and was checking to see how long I'd have to wait to turn. But for that I probably would not have even noticed her in time.

I will be on the lookout for that now. I try to learn from these things and critique how I handled the situation and what I could do better next time.

Like the one time the traffic in the lane next to me was backed up about a quarter of a mile and I was doing 65 in a 55 and the guy pulled from the lane that was stopped into my lane ... I dunno maybe 35 feet in front of me, from a dead stop. I had to drive in the grass to avoid hitting him. What I took from that is that when in that situation I should not be driving very fast because drivers are unpredictable and people do that stuff all the time. So now if I am in that situation, I drive slower than the posted ... just in case.

I kept thinking, she's going to see me any second here ... she's going to see me any second here, but she really never did until it would have been too late. I'm glad I didn't just rely on that and backed up. It happened so fast, tho. I don't think at that speed I would have been killed and maybe not even seriously injured, but my bike would have been messed up for sure.

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#23206 Aug 14, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
=)
Nothin muffin...
I'm just trying to see if the cool kids will accept me if I shun you...
lolololol

“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23207 Aug 14, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a TRAMPIRE!
That was pretty funny!

“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23210 Aug 14, 2012
Kraven Morehead wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hot-stuff
FYI, those pictures I posted came with picture frames I bought.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#23211 Aug 14, 2012
Morning you all!

*takes a piece of bacon and some tea*

“Changing your thoughts”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

will change your world

#23212 Aug 14, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Junket
Double Fine understands that you are the leader here.
We have not met, have we?
Dear DF,

I am not the leader - just a figurehead, really.:-)

Nope, haven't officially met, but I just read one of your posts regarding a dream on a different forum. You devil. Too funny!

Regards, J

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#23213 Aug 14, 2012
DF is truly DF!!!

“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23214 Aug 14, 2012
This jack a$s just raised the bar for humanity when it comes to people saying they will never drink again because they did something stupid while drunk. No matter what stupid thing they do while drunk it will seem downright brilliant next to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/oregon-m...

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#23215 Aug 14, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I try. It's hard to ALWAYS be on your toes, tho. My mind was actually preoccupied when that happened. I only saw her because I had just stopped and was checking to see how long I'd have to wait to turn. But for that I probably would not have even noticed her in time.
I will be on the lookout for that now. I try to learn from these things and critique how I handled the situation and what I could do better next time.
Like the one time the traffic in the lane next to me was backed up about a quarter of a mile and I was doing 65 in a 55 and the guy pulled from the lane that was stopped into my lane ... I dunno maybe 35 feet in front of me, from a dead stop. I had to drive in the grass to avoid hitting him. What I took from that is that when in that situation I should not be driving very fast because drivers are unpredictable and people do that stuff all the time. So now if I am in that situation, I drive slower than the posted ... just in case.
I kept thinking, she's going to see me any second here ... she's going to see me any second here, but she really never did until it would have been too late. I'm glad I didn't just rely on that and backed up. It happened so fast, tho. I don't think at that speed I would have been killed and maybe not even seriously injured, but my bike would have been messed up for sure.
I'm glad it worked out for you though!

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23216 Aug 14, 2012
Bellah wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bambie, I have missed you.((HUGS)) I hope you are doing well.
hi Bellah!:)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#23217 Aug 14, 2012
Bambi!!!

“Changing your thoughts”

Level 10

will change your world

#23218 Aug 14, 2012
Bambi!!!
Bella!!!
Perse!!!

I'm posting for my final 20 of the day - looks like I've been unusually reticent. What pearls of wisdom should drip from my figurehead lips?

Trust your instincts. If you don't, you'll be doomed to continue to repeat past mistakes. Which as we all know is contrary from drinking from the fountain of wisdom. Be kind to others - but more importantly - to thine own self be true. Others will come and go, but you, yes *you* can prevent forest fires.

“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23219 Aug 14, 2012
Hi Bambi! Have you met BabyLegs?

Level 2

Location hidden

#23220 Aug 14, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
Hi Bambi! Have you met BabyLegs?
lol ... dare I ask?!

Level 2

Location hidden

#23221 Aug 14, 2012
Hi Junket & Perse

“Incorrigible”

Level 6

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#23222 Aug 14, 2012
Junket wrote:
Bambi!!!
Bella!!!
Perse!!!
I'm posting for my final 20 of the day - looks like I've been unusually reticent. What pearls of wisdom should drip from my figurehead lips?
Trust your instincts. If you don't, you'll be doomed to continue to repeat past mistakes. Which as we all know is contrary from drinking from the fountain of wisdom. Be kind to others - but more importantly - to thine own self be true. Others will come and go, but you, yes *you* can prevent forest fires.
Words to live by...truly

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#23223 Aug 14, 2012
True, to all of that!
Junket wrote:
Bambi!!!
Bella!!!
Perse!!!

“Changing your thoughts”

Level 10

will change your world

#23224 Aug 14, 2012
_Akasha_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Words to live by...truly
Hi Akasha! Did you understand my post? I was flying by the seat of my pants and just writing willy nilly. Somewhere in the middle of that mess was an important public service message... somewhere over the rainbow....

:D

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#23225 Aug 14, 2012
Hi there! It seems he's flirting with one of my socks...who will be sent to the convent...

*beats Sublime with giant purse*
forever__bambi wrote:
Hi Junket & Perse

“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23230 Aug 14, 2012
-BabyLegs- wrote:
Hello!<quoted text>
You're not still sore are you?

<runs>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halloween avatars welcomed! (Oct '11) 52 min White Fire 125
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 1 hr --Rickster-- 18,623
How To Bring America Back To God 2 hr JJimmy 5
how do you delete your profile (Jul '07) 5 hr Ianmoone01 72
Collage Picture Frames (May '13) 6 hr Zach 2
How do I delete a post? (Sep '06) 7 hr Cassie 851
UFO sphere or meteorological phenomenon? (Sep '11) 10 hr UFOphotos 8

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE