Acolytes of Junket

_PrincessSusan_

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#22805 Aug 9, 2012
Yes listening to a segment on the drought all over the U.S. and how strict water rationing is going to be enforced. I believe on another thread I mentioned that water is going to be the next endangered resource.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22806 Aug 9, 2012
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
Yes listening to a segment on the drought all over the U.S. and how strict water rationing is going to be enforced. I believe on another thread I mentioned that water is going to be the next endangered resource.
Oh, good, it appears that segment lifted your mind out of the gutter.

:)

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#22807 Aug 9, 2012
-Persephone- wrote:
There must be something in the water around the castle. <quoted text>
I know. What is with Sue having homoerotic visions of me and Kevin? She must be far kinkier than I thought.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#22808 Aug 9, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PleFw1gZ8GMXX
Come on up and get a glass of juice everyone...
Can you add a little vodka to mine?

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#22809 Aug 9, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Can you add a little vodka to mine?
Oh hell the no~~
The last time I did that I had to listen to you yodel~~
Stairway to Heaven...

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#22810 Aug 9, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell the no~~
The last time I did that I had to listen to you yodel~~
Stairway to Heaven...
If you play it backwards it says "I like to peel bananas""

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#22811 Aug 9, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you play it backwards it says "I like to peel bananas""
Well now I'd probably be dancing around with my moves like Jagger. I hated that song when I first heard it, but now I kind of like it--especially if I'm watching the video. That lead singer is "hawwwtttt!

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#22812 Aug 9, 2012
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
It's already headed that way. In Texas, the larger cities are already signing contracts with the smaller to purchase their water. Those around the Dallas area have even looked as far as Oklahoma for future water needs. One of the HUGE problems is that people in cities want the lush green yards instead of landscaping with drought tolerant plants, they landscape with plants that need a lot of water. That being said, I think this is possibly just a cycle of a weather pattern. Some areas of Texas are already seeing a bit of relief in their 3 year drought.

#22813 Aug 9, 2012
Oh this I got to hear!!!* slips covcas vodka, readies earplugs *

Morning y'all!!! I forgot to say morning.

_PrincessSusan_

Level 8

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#22814 Aug 9, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, good, it appears that segment lifted your mind out of the gutter.
You mean from your bromance with Kev? I think it's very sweet.

_PrincessSusan_

Level 8

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#22815 Aug 9, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already headed that way. In Texas, the larger cities are already signing contracts with the smaller to purchase their water. Those around the Dallas area have even looked as far as Oklahoma for future water needs. One of the HUGE problems is that people in cities want the lush green yards instead of landscaping with drought tolerant plants, they landscape with plants that need a lot of water. That being said, I think this is possibly just a cycle of a weather pattern. Some areas of Texas are already seeing a bit of relief in their 3 year drought.
I'm sure in the future grass will be a luxury. I hope you're right about this drought just being a cycle of a weather pattern. The news was comparing it with the dustbowl of the thirties. Think John Steinbeck's books.

_PrincessSusan_

Level 8

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#22816 Aug 9, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. What is with Sue having homoerotic visions of me and Kevin? She must be far kinkier than I thought.
I'm afraid those visions are all in YOUR head. I think it's sweet you and Kev like to hold hands.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#22817 Aug 9, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is just a weather pattern for most of the nation, but the plains farming relies to a great deal on the Ogallala Aquifer, which extends into the panhandle of Texas. They are using water from the aquifer at an unsustainable pace. From studying tree rings, they also know that that area is prone to long periods of draught that make the Dust Bowl look like child’s play. That area should be used primarily for grazing, not farming.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#22818 Aug 9, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
Oh this I got to hear!!!* slips covcas vodka, readies earplugs *
Morning y'all!!! I forgot to say morning.
Don't forget to tie the chin strap on Cov's beer can hat
or she'll lose it.
You're on your own from this point forward, and don't say I didn't warn you...

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#22819 Aug 9, 2012
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid those visions are all in YOUR head.
I'm not the one who thought of him giving me a lap dance, Sue.

Projection, perhaps? LOL

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#22820 Aug 9, 2012
^^^^^^^^ <still laughing>

#22821 Aug 9, 2012
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure in the future grass will be a luxury. I hope you're right about this drought just being a cycle of a weather pattern. The news was comparing it with the dustbowl of the thirties. Think John Steinbeck's books.
My family on my father's side were all farmers during the dust bowl. They were also farming to a certain extent during the Texas drought of the 50's. I've heard stories from them firsthand. On thing you have to remember about the dustbowl, was that the farmers stripped the land of the natural prairie grass in order to farm. They didn't know the importance of natural drought tolerant plants. Farming has changed so much since then. Not as many farmers.

#22822 Aug 9, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is just a weather pattern for most of the nation, but the plains farming relies to a great deal on the Ogallala Aquifer, which extends into the panhandle of Texas. They are using water from the aquifer at an unsustainable pace. From studying tree rings, they also know that that area is prone to long periods of draught that make the Dust Bowl look like child’s play. That area should be used primarily for grazing, not farming.
Agreed. But then the cities in that area are also using a large amount of water for landscaping.

_PrincessSusan_

Level 8

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#22823 Aug 9, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
My family on my father's side were all farmers during the dust bowl. They were also farming to a certain extent during the Texas drought of the 50's. I've heard stories from them firsthand. On thing you have to remember about the dustbowl, was that the farmers stripped the land of the natural prairie grass in order to farm. They didn't know the importance of natural drought tolerant plants. Farming has changed so much since then. Not as many farmers.
Very true.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#22824 Aug 9, 2012
In Florida, residents are forced to conserve water.
It's been in effect for many, many years now.
But here's a big problem~~the state keeps issuing more and more building permits, especially for large apartment complexes, etc.
It takes a lot of water to build stuff like that,
then have to supply water to them.
jmo~it's not drinkable.
I really notice the difference when I go down to visit family. I live in a small spring community in Georgia now, where the water is delicious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 4 min Pop Tart- 5,811
Girls send nudes 2 hr Diego 1
Bi/Gay Skype 6 hr Mde65 9
Straight Oral, Who has it easier ? 7 hr James 3
WMOK Radio 12 hr Nine Twenty 1
Brian southern 19 hr Mmk26 1
frAUDS 23 hr gggggg2 54
More from around the web